Due Nov/Dec 2002 (part 4) - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 413 Old 12-17-2002, 07:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Those stretch marks that 'split' - those came with dd1. In fact, right above my pelvic were deep red ones that never 'silvered' like the rest. Then, I have stripes all the way up to my waist line. Did not get any new ones with 2nd or 3rd pregancy though -skin stretched enough with the first!

I am now 3 days past my EDD and surprisingly, I have been MORE comfortable in the last two days than I have been in the last 2 weeks! The weight of this child sometimes feels 'extreme' by the close of the day, but other than that and the sore hips, I haven't experienced the CXs that I had off and on for 3 weeks!

I'm not sure what 'intervention' would even be suggested to me by my midwife . . . I'm hoping that I've made it clear enough that I only want to do that in the case of my baby's safety, but as I have been wearing a pad now for about a week, I'm also wondering if I'm leaking fluid or if the 'extra' is just normal 'watery' like discharge. Kind of gross . . . but can anyone else say what they are experiencing like that? Oh, and last night I was bra-less for a while and started 'leaking.'
#362 of 413 Old 12-17-2002, 10:16 AM

>>> I'm also wondering if I'm leaking fluid or if the 'extra' is just normal 'watery' like discharge. Kind of gross . . . but can anyone else say what they are experiencing like that?<<<

I haven't experienced anything like that. Just the mucous from the plug. Can't she give you a strip of some kind so you can check the fluid and see if it is amniotic fluid? I don't think it involves an internal exam or anything.

Oh, Mama, you are soooo ready! I hope you go soon. Sending labor vibes.

Amy
#363 of 413 Old 12-17-2002, 11:15 AM

I don't have an appt. until Friday (and I'm hoping that I go before then). However, (okay this is gross) I have been 'sniffing' it - because I was told that amniotic fluid has a 'sweet' smell. This strangely has no odor at all. It doesn't smell like urine, but it also doesn't smell 'sweet,' just sort of neutral.

I oughta call and ask though, eh?

Yep, I'm ready to go, but it'll probably happen on the full moon - when all the flood of other prego mommas are rushing to the hospital!
#364 of 413 Old 12-17-2002, 12:43 PM

Just got back from my midwife appt. Today is on 'official' due date. She didn't do an internal exam so no information ...not that that kind of info tells you anything anyway. Scheduled tests for next week, non stress and ultrasound but YIKES it's xmas eve!!!! I hope to be in Vermont sitting by the fire with my little baby by then!!!

Amy Branger
#365 of 413 Old 12-17-2002, 07:30 PM

Hey Heather.......I'm getting that "watery" discharge too. Also losing lots of mucous, but no more pinkish stuff. This is a lovely topic, isn't it?? I have strict instructions not to have her til Friday. Inlaws will be coming back up then....MIL will have to take the bus up if I go before then and it'll take 8 hours. Not sure if she'd be able to make the birth in that time. Has anyone else prayed for perfect timing? I'm just certain there is a good reason this baby is waiting to come.....

Been kind of a drought of babies lately.......ready for the flood!!!

Lisa
#366 of 413 Old 12-17-2002, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
my midwife said that sometimes the watery discharge can be that your forewaters have broken or sprung a leak.. the membrane around your amniotic sac is the amnion, and the actual sac the baby is in is the chorion. I was leaking from the amnion the morning before I went into labor, and just before my first contraction, I had a gush of fluid, a small amount. When my midwife checked me, my bag of waters was intact, and it didnt break till 5 minutes before Lily crowned.
#367 of 413 Old 12-17-2002, 08:45 PM
Banned

~*evening all*~

i have had more discharge than usual my whole pregnancy (juicy mama!!)-- everday i wonder if it's amniotic fluid, but my midwife says no (smell, amount, etc. etc.)

i'd LOVE to have an UC-- i like my midwives okay, but they work through a hospital, and i really wanted a homebirth (i live in a state with yucky laws and my insurance will not cover HB and i am too poor to afford a lay midwife).......i have group b strep though, so that would worry me alot!! actually, if it wasn't for that my motivation to actually go to the hospital at any point in labor would diminsh GREATLY!! i trust my birth coach and doul a(who is training to be a lay midwife) to work with my bebe and i

i am one week till due date and eagerly waiting........

~*hugs*~
homegrownmama
#368 of 413 Old 12-18-2002, 07:08 AM

Well, I think this may be it, guys. I've been having more intense contractions this early this evening and I cannot sleep through them anymore. This is exactly how labor started with my first and I was awake all night. He was born the next afternoon at 1:15 PM. Lots and lots of discharge....mucousy stuff. Gonna try to make it through the night and call the birth center in the AM. I have an app't tomorrow at 1:00 PM...but I honestly don't think I'll make it til then.

Happy trails, everyone!!! Yeeeehawwwwww!

Lisa
#369 of 413 Old 12-18-2002, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Have a happy labor

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#370 of 413 Old 12-18-2002, 02:33 PM
Banned

((((((((((((~*~*LISA*~*~)))))))))))))

hope you have a beautiful, easy labor!!!!!!!!!!
#371 of 413 Old 12-19-2002, 03:48 AM

Karen...put your Instant messanger on!!
#372 of 413 Old 12-19-2002, 03:53 AM

Congratulations to Lisa!! I love knowing there's a little Esme in the world...

So is tonight the full moon or tomorrow? It looks full tonight, but it doesn't seem to be having any effect on me. Oh well. I hope everyone else is having more luck than me. Since this is "Due Nov/Dec" I doubt we have any danger of preemie babies, right?

I'm "officially" almost 9 days past my "due date." I have an ultrasound and NST scheduled for Friday morning, but I'm just not comfortable with those tests and think I'll probably cancel them. I respect other people doing them, but they're just outside of *my* comfort zone. I tried getting an acupunture appointment but the rest of the month was booked up. Sigh, I guess I'll just have to use DH for sex, and hope that works. Gosh, listen to me! But I've reached that point where any close contact just makes me want to scream "don't touch me!" Poor, poor hubby.

Well, hope that wasn't too much info. Wishing everyone the best!
#373 of 413 Old 12-19-2002, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by greenfaeriedog
So is tonight the full moon or tomorrow? It looks full tonight, but it doesn't seem to be having any effect on me. Oh well. I hope everyone else is having more luck than me. Since this is "Due Nov/Dec" I doubt we have any danger of preemie babies, right?
FULL MOON 'RISING' = 12/19!!!

Umm . . . : . . . NO! I don't want sex either. Love the dh, but my goodness when you feel all puffed-up and inside-out, the last thing you do is send out invitations for a romantic roundezvous!
#374 of 413 Old 12-19-2002, 11:15 PM

Hello all! I'm officially "NOT pregnant" anymore. Esme Anna-Rose was born Wednesday at 1:00 PM on the dot. Gonna attempt to post some of the details.....

Tuesday night, I was up all night with contractions. I figured I would just tough out the night and then go to the birth center in the AM (I had an app't there at 1:00 anyway). I was losing lots of mucous, so I figured that this was it. Sent hubby to get my SIL, so she could watch Indy. Put in the call for MIL to start her 3 1/2 hour trek so she could make the birth. Called the midwife and agreed to meet her at the center at 9:00 AM. Ahh, all was going as planned....

Showed up at the birth center around 9:30 AM. Bless them, they had the jacuzzi tub all filled up and ready to go for me. I was anxious to see how far I had progressed, as when I went in with Indy....I was already at 6 cm. My midwife checked me and reported I was at a TWO!!!! WTH??? All night with the contractions and only at a two??!! Oh, that was soo discouraging to hear. I got in the tub anyway and attempted to relax with the contractions. In about an hour...I started feeling pushy and after being checked again.....the report was much better....6 cm. Got outta the tub, walked around...laid down on my side (which, ladies, brought those contractions on STRONG). I have to recommend side-lying for those of you who get stuck or wanna move things along. got back in the tub and really felt pressure. Midwife checked again and I was near complete. I had to breathe through a couple contractions, so I wouldn't push....but the midwife was sooo great. She just allowed me to go with my body's cues. I pushed longer than with Indy.....but then again, my water did not break til the last minute.

Esme came out into the water and I pulled her up to me. Covered in the amniotic sac, she had the most beautiful, serene expression on her face.....absolutely no crying, eyes wide open & blinking. We stayed in the water together til her cord stopped pulsating (about 15 minutes)....then DH cut the cord and I delivered the placenta. It was the gentle transition I really wanted. I am completely thrilled with my birth experience. Esme had a bit of bruising on her face, as she came out pretty quickly...but its gone today and she is pink and soft and incredibly squeezable. I noticed a difference right away about her butt. Indy's butt was more a "guy's" butt....but Esme has a very squishable tush.

We stayed at the birth center for about 4 hours.....sent DH out for Mongolian beef and fruit smoothies (what a combo, huh??). The midwives were very unobtrusive and came and went quietly. Eventually, we packed up our things, blew out the candles and headed home.

Here's a link to the pix...our digital camera isn't the highest quality...but you guys can get a glimpse....

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b30df21584f1

Can't wait to hear everyone else's stories I know how it is hearing everyone else's stories and still being pregnant. They WILL come, I promise and you'll be holding them in your arms. Its all so surreal...

Take care all....

Lisa
#375 of 413 Old 12-19-2002, 11:53 PM

Oh, Lisa, she's so beautiful! I'm not even going to say that I'm jealous because it goes beyond that at this point!

I'm still pregnant. Spent the day washing the dog, scrubbing the bathroom, mopping the floor, etc. and nothing. So I've stated guzzling the red raspberry leaf tea, popping the evening primrose oil (but only in my mouth at this point), and if that doesn't work I might reach for the castor oil in a day or two.

Canceled the ultrasound and NST. Boy did I hear about it from my doctors. They didn't out and out say "you're hurting your baby," but they found a lot of ways to get it across. Maybe allopathic medicine wouldn't have such a bad rap if medical personnel weren't so quick to jump at fear tactics?

Gotta run to a CPR class now. Maybe that'll bring on labor!
#376 of 413 Old 12-20-2002, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

Lisa - what beautiful pictures!! Congratulations.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#377 of 413 Old 12-20-2002, 11:19 AM

still pregnant here also and NOTHING is happening. A couple of days ago I was crampy all day but nothing since then. My midwife suggested primrose vaginally so I am going to try that tonight. I've been drinking rr tea. I am trying so hard to be patient but I am so frustrated and bored. I have been home WAY to long (5 weeks) I'm actualy looking forward to going back to work at this point. I'm still hoping she will come in time for us to go to vermont for xmas..........

3 days past edd

Amy Branger
#378 of 413 Old 12-20-2002, 05:07 PM

Lisa,

I am jealous both because you are holding your baby now AND because you were able to deliver in water. Our natural birthing wing apparently cannot 'fire-up' the jacuzzis because of some 'code' problem with the amt. of electrical sockets available in the room. I hate all the 'red tape' of building/construction.

So, my plan is to labor at home as long as possible.

Went in today for my check up and was asked to start the NST at the next visit (41 1/2 weeks). Not sure about that yet, but they are so 'whatever you want' about it that it won't cause a stir whichever way I decide.

I am cramping today, but only because I had to be checked - I thought I was leaking fluid . . . I am leaking SOMETHING, but it is just really runny discharge. Now, you all wanted to know that, right? No muc. plug loss yet and barely dilated.

My mw said that sometimes the more kids you have the more often you don't dilate until you actually are IN labor. So, we'll see. This just follows the pattern I've had in the past.

Hopefully today's walking EVERYWHERE and the cramping I'm feeling will turn into something sooner or later!

The full moon did not 'pull' 'hard enough!
#379 of 413 Old 12-20-2002, 06:23 PM

I'm feeling guilty holding my newborn. My SIL is ten days overdue. She's been having contractions consistantly that are about four minutes apart for like twenty four hours. It's her first baby. She's holding up well but I still feel bad for her. Good luck to everyone!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#380 of 413 Old 12-20-2002, 06:24 PM

Well, so much for having the baby before MIL arrives. She will be here in 3-4 hours. Oh well, not a whole lot I can do about it now. Been losing my mucus plug and lots of pressure on the cervix so hoping that babe will arrive soon. I bet it will wait until Christmas Eve or Day just to piss me off!
I'm so happy for all of you who have had your babies but also incredibly jealous. Still don't have a name picked out yet but it will get named eventually, I'm just not feeling the stress this time around.
Any day now, I've been saying that for over a week. And my mom keeps calling asking me "what's happening?" two times a day. Like I wouldn't call her, she's watching our older two kids!!
Well my lunch just buzzed, hope next time I check in I have a big babe in my arms
J&G's mom
#381 of 413 Old 12-21-2002, 05:16 AM

Awww, thanks guys I wanted to check in and see how y'all were doing. I hear Esme squeaking upstairs, so I can't write much. I have a link to more pix we took today....what can I say...we're addicted

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b30ddf724528

I'm checking every day to see who's doing what and hoping to see some birth announcements in the coming days.....

Hugs to all.....and prayers for a beautiful birth....

Lisa
#382 of 413 Old 12-22-2002, 05:42 PM

Well, I had a boy early yesterday morning.

Here's the story. Took Jonah to and from school as usual and dh went to the airport to pick up MIL. They arrived here at the house and Jonah proceded to puke all over the family room floor. Great, so we clean that up and eat some dinner. Jonah just has water. He pukes again before bed, this time into a bowl at least. He pukes two more times in his bed, still with the bowl, and then comes to our room and asks to sleep with us. By this time it is around 1:00am and I have been having stomach cramps and feeling like puking for about an hour. Not happy about possibly having the flu. Jonah pukes in our bed, gets it into the bowl and then knocks it over with his chin. I have my head at the foot of the bed because I don't want to be breathing in Jonah's germs or have the possibility of being puked on in the face and notice that along with the cramping and barfing feeling I am also having some contractions, but they are not too strong. Then pop!! my water broke. Woke up poor dh who hadn't been asleep for more than 1/2 hour without Jonah needing something.
He helped me to the tolit, because the water was really gushing, and went to call our midwife, this was about 2:05am. She said she was on her way and dh woke up MIL. Jonah got up and put on a movie, MIL and I changed the bed, and dh started putting warm water into the birthing tub. Called my mom and she said she was on her way. Had about 3-4 contractions that I could work through and then they got pretty strong and needed dh to hold me. Mom arrived and MIL and my mom made coffee and watched the water on the stove (to be dumped into the birthing tub). Got diarehea and vomited while on the tolit, that was fun, and started to get nervous because things were really moving and none of the midwives were here yet. Had a few contractions on the bed, then felt that pressure and knew I would need to push soon. Had dh page my midwife 911 and she walked in the door like 1 1/2 to 2 minutes later. It was just about 3:00am. I was so glad to see her! She waited through my next contraction, checked the heartbeat, had one more contraction and dh said time to get in the tub. Of course, it was no where near full, it had about 8-10 inches of water in it. But it felt so good! I ripped off my shirt, the panties had been lost 20 minutes or so earlier. I was so afraid that having MIL there would make me self-consense but it didn't matter at all at that point. Dh got into the tub too and sat behind me. My mom decided to wake Genevieve to see if she still wanted to come watch, so she got up and my mom held her so she could see. With the next contraction I told Dana (our midwife) that she better get on her gloves. Next contraction I pushed, asked Dana if she could see the head, she said "just bulging, no now I see it" I reached down and felt the top of the head then pushed the head out (although I didn't know this at the time) and then nothing. No urge to push, Dana asked me what was happening and I said, "it's a pause" and just as she was asking me to start to push again, I had the next contraction and pushed and at first, nothing then, zoom his shoulders came loose and out he came. Dana put him on my chest and covered him with towels. It was 3:11am. Someone either got Jonah or he made his way into the kitchen just after the baby came out. We couldn't see whether it was a boy or girl so I lifted up the towels at his feet and let the kids see first. Jonah said it was a boy! Then Kate arrived (our student midwife), she and Dana started to get things out and fill out the chart. We stayed in the tub and waited for the placenta and nursed. Then our supervising midwife arrived. After the cord stopped pulsating my mom cut it and I got up on my knees and pushed the placenta out.
We made our way to the bed and they checked him and me out. Everything was fine, one small tear but it didn't need stitches. Brian brought me an orange to eat while the baby nursed and everyone else picked up and tried to get the kids to go back to bed. Midwifes left around 5:30 or so and we all went to bed. I couldn't sleep. Had dh help me to the bathroom at 7:40, had diarehea, made it half way back to bed and knew I was going to throw up. Made it back to the tolit just in time and puked up the oranges and water. Went back to bed. Felt crappy all day yesterday and didn't eat anything until dinner time, but thank God am feeling much better today.

So he's here! He's of course beautiful, he has a little bruising on his face but no biggie.
He weighed in at 9 lbs 10 oz. and was 22 1/2 inches long. He has really long, beautiful fingers and dark blue eyes, that he rarely opens. We have yet to decide on a name, I was hoping for Micah but dh is not going for it. I'll let you all know on what we finally decide.

So that's our story and I don't think that it could have been more perfect. We are very blessed.
J&G's mom
#383 of 413 Old 12-22-2002, 07:01 PM

YAY YAY YAY FOR YOU, J&G!! Aside from you and poor Jonah being sick, it sounds like the perfect birth. I hope you continue to feel better, and that your mom can take care of Jonah while he's unwell. I'm SOOO happy to hear that it wasn't as bad as you were afraid of to have her there. And have mentioned how jealous I am that you're holding your baby?

All my best wishes for you and your baby boy, Meg (who's still pregnant and utterly at her wit's end about it, but is so happy to hear about new baby J&G that she's forgotten all about the vent she was going to post here)
#384 of 413 Old 12-23-2002, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations. my worst fear of labor was being sick while it happened. Either caughing or stomache yuck. I just don't knoiw how you managed. You are my hero

#385 of 413 Old 12-23-2002, 07:42 PM

Our son was born Thursday at 3:36 PM. 9lbs, 4ozs and 22 inches long.

We are all in love and doing well. The birth went well and I will post some details soon. Time to sneak in some supper!

Glad to hear about all the other new babies while I was gone!!! Congratulations Mamas!

Hey, Heather, I am thinking about you, how are you doing?????

Amy
#386 of 413 Old 12-23-2002, 11:08 PM
Banned

(((((((((((((((((((((J&G's MOM))))))))))))))))))))
(((((((((((((((((((((AMY)))))))))))))))))))))))))) )
lots of wonderful new baby vibes going out to y'both!! congrats!!

i am due TOMORROW!!!! i think it's still gonna be a few days, but i am hoping......i am still naseaous and prolly will be during labor-- my morning sickness never went away, and pretty much lasts all day, so i am looking forward to being kinda pukey during labor-- glad to know i am not alone.........

~*much love to y'all*~
homegrownmama
#387 of 413 Old 12-24-2002, 12:35 AM

Amy, I'm so happy to hear from you, I was starting to worry! What's your son's name?

The update on me. (Some of this is refresher info.) I was due Dec 10. That came and went. At the Dr. on Dec 16, I agreed to an ultrasound and NST. Scheduled those for Dec 20, but wasn't happy about it. So, even though I wasn't feeling any closer to labor, I canceled them on Dec 19. On the evening of Dec 20, I had some contactions, but they quickly petered out. Early Dec 21, I had a big one and lost my mucus plug. Then just a few contractions randomly throughout the day. Dec 22 was the same thing, but after I went to bed that night I was woken up at least once every hour by big pains. But they weren't "regular," and I couldn't have had more than a half dozen, so no one was much impressed. *I* knew they were getting the job done, though, as they HURT. Writhing around and whimpering kind of HURT. And I have a pain threshold that baffles Drs. Went to the Dr. this morning (Dec 23) and she was, to put it simply, put out that I had canceled my last appointment. Went on and on about how she'd never seen a woman go this long, and one woman she'd seen try had had a stillbirth, etc. And I was still refusing her help (still didn't want a cervical check). If I was a single woman, I would have just said, "you're right, we can't help each other, goodbye." But I have a DH, and he's nothing like me, and while he will support any decision I make, I knew the decisions I was making were scaring him. So I broke down and agreed to a cervical check. She was quite surprised to find me at 2 cm and 0 station, with a bulging bag of water (which I had strongly admonished her beforehand not to break). That said, DH now had more faith that yes, my body was finally doing it's dance. Dr. still wanted to induce. But now she was more willing to just break my water instead of insisting on cytotec (that's a whole 'nother story!). So DH and I left. We didn't make another appointment, as I didn't want to, and the Dr. actually warned us that we would be stepping on the toes of Drs. and nurses by having the baby over the holidays. Contractions have kept on all day, increasing. Nothing that charts well, but I know progress is being made.

So... wish me luck, I'm going for a UC, barring an emergency. Do I have DH's support? Probably not, which is why I haven't even voiced it to him. But I know he knows it's what I'm thinking. And he knows he can't make me go to the hospital. There's no way I'm going to those people, that openly admitted today that they can't help me to have the birth I want, that I know is still possible.

Again, please send me safe and healthy birthing thoughts!

Love to all, Meg
#388 of 413 Old 12-24-2002, 03:31 AM

meg, i've been there waiting. it gets lonely sometimes, you're the only one that feels the life inside of you. i'll try not to remind you how long i went past edd for 2nd ds. i wasn't so sure of dh's support after i was "past due" but he knew better than to interfere, and knew that i was certain i was the best expert concerning my own body. so at least it seems that your dh has faith in you since he is not openly crossing you, though he may be scared himself. sometimes that dynamic has helped me, where he does all the worrying and i do the work, maybe this is what you have.....

this is your first baby, right? i'm kinda brain dead these days......

sending calm happy healthy vibes
#389 of 413 Old 12-24-2002, 08:32 PM

MEG! MEG! MEG!!!!

We're all cheering for you and I completely respect the strength of your convictions. I cannot WAIT to hear your story. Cheers to you for standing up to the medical establishment and not giving in to their scare tactics. A lesser woman would've given in by now. Kudos, lady!

Let us know if there is anything we can do, any info you need or whatever, okay???

Lisa
#390 of 413 Old 12-24-2002, 08:55 PM

Meg - I am waiting for my baby too. I admire you for being so strong in the face of your doctors open disagreement.

My baby was due between 12.19.02 - 12.21.02 - and she still isnt here. I am sad and frustrated hoping she is going to come out on her own. My docs wanted to induce on Saturday but I opted out - hoping that nature will take its course. They will not wait longer that two weeks past due date.

I started evening primrose - but I have to say now I feel like my anxiety of not being able to go into labor naturally is probably impeding my labor! What a catch. Anyways - I hope you are giving a beautiful birth right now - and keep us posted.

Lots of good birth vibes - Justine

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page