Due Nov/Dec 2002 (part 4) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 413 Old 10-15-2002, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You can conquer the tv. We stopped watching inadvertently about 2 months ago....we just hadn't watched in awhile, and when we realized it we decided to just not turn it on. One thing led to another and my dh convinced me to sell the one we had in the bedroom (since we haven't been watching it) and now it's gone. We did watch a dvd the other night, but still haven't sat down and vegged in front of the boob tube! It can be done!

all the best,
Victoria

#1 edd 12/04/02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 413 Old 10-15-2002, 10:51 PM

greenfaeriedog~
Yes it is I with the stinky butt cat and the other that looks slightly as if she was eaten by a blender! Everyone is knot-free and stench-free now, thank goodness! LOL LOL.

Casina ~ My midwife is new to CT. Wonder if it is the same person.....is she Indian? Can't remember where she said she just recently moved from. Oh how I love my midwife! Thanx for the delaying vibes.

Lilyka - well it is SORT of good to hear what you are saying about not assuming I will go early this time. I really would like to make it close to my due date. I feel the longer that they are in there the better for them(except past due date of course) My first dd really wasn't done cooking in there. She could have used those three weeks more I felt.

Talk with you all soon ~

Jenn
#63 of 413 Old 10-16-2002, 02:04 AM

Thanks Victoria! One question, though.....I like Indy being able to watch Sesame Street or other programs, videos, DVDs, etc. He doesn't do it often, but I do feel like there are a few decent programs for kids out there.

How could we keep the television only for these purposes? Would it be possible? I definitely do NOT want it in his bedroom; but I don't want it in the living room (as it is now). Any ideas?

Thanks! Lisa
#64 of 413 Old 10-16-2002, 09:33 AM

I've gone thru phases where I've been panicked because I think the kids are watching too much TV. Then there are other times when I realize they have barely seen anything for days. DH is TV crazy and over the last 20 years has budged on many things (almost becoming vegetarian, way more liberal, etc.) but TV is one thing he won't give up. We do regulate it though for the kids and I refuse to let them have TVs in their bedrooms as I saw my 3 younger sibs just disappear to their individual rooms every time they were home.

I've had friends who put the TV in a cupboard and just wheeled it out occasionally. Or in the dining room -- somewhere that it's not the main focus of the room and you have to actually go to it rather than just have it immediately available. What about in or near the kitchen. You would be nearby when he's watching but also it would give you some free time if he's watching sesame st.
#65 of 413 Old 10-16-2002, 10:42 AM

Ours is in our living room, we just don't turn it on. I wish we had a spare closet to hide it in or a nice armoire, then we could shut the doors on it. Sometimes I keep a nice piece of fabric draped over it. This works really well for some reason---sort of like out of site, out of mind. When it's covered up you subconsciously think "unavailable". You could also keep it unplugged, and if it's on it's own cart, wheel it into a place that hasn't much traffic.

A good friend of mine with a huge lovely house and two children (who are now 15 and 10) just refused to have more than one, and that one was a tiny 13". They kept it in their bedroom and occasionally they would carry it downstairs and the whole family would watch something together or a movie (it had one of those built in vcr's). The kids could watch it in her room occasionally, but she could always monitor what they were watching and for how long since it was in her bedroom. I think her kids watch a little more now than when they were little, but this worked just great for them and the kids are not at all attached to the tv.

all the best,
Victoria

#1 edd 12/04/02
#66 of 413 Old 10-22-2002, 07:07 PM

Hi, hope you are all doing well. I am due Dec. 23, I'm 31 weeks. I have had Braxton Hicks contractions recently. At my appt. today my doctor checked my cervix and turns out I am 1 centimeter dilated. This isn't my first pregnancy, so the doctor thought that I may just be dilating a little early. I was put on the fetal/contraction monitor and the contractions aren't all that strong. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this?
Any advice/info is appreciated. Thanks......Aimee
#67 of 413 Old 10-22-2002, 08:12 PM

no, you are not dilating early, from what i have heard from talking to others and from my own experience, it is no big deal to be one or two cm open in the last few months but more and more doctors are doing internal exams early and being cautious. for the last pg i was 2 cm for the last 12 weeks, the only way i knew this was because i'm required to have doctor backup for a midwife and they checked. it is more important that you are not effaced in any way, that everything is nice and thick in there.

also i have been having braxton hicks for forever, since the fourth month i think if you can settle them down by taking a bath or laying down it is not a big deal, how many are you having an hour? braxton hicks tone your muscles to keep the baby up and get muscles ready for labor, it is part of your body dealing with pregnancy, i have more braxton hicks each pregnancy probably because my body needs them.

i am not a professional, these are just my opinions, i think it is important to feel confident about what your body is doing, unfortunately medical school does not train doctors to feel this way about our bodies.
#68 of 413 Old 10-22-2002, 11:44 PM

I walked around 4 cm dialated 2-3 weeks before I had dd. She was 17 days early, but still, I wasn't in any horrible pain. I didn't realize it was normal to be that dialated and still not be in any pain.
Jenn
#69 of 413 Old 10-23-2002, 05:26 AM

jenn, i'm glad to hear that there was no intervention with the dilation, i talked to a lady today that told me a depressing doctor story on that vein.....no, my "old" midwife is not indian.....so recently i have become more useless than ever and have a hard time remembering what day it is or what i am supposed to be doing as soon as i leave a room. but my baby is anterior, yay!

i'm doing a belly cast this sunday, and my potluck group chipped in for me to have a massage this friday, my first professional massage. i'm really going to miss being pregnant, the hormones are happy drugs for me.

happy and oblivious so much that i have some denial issues, my boys are more clingy than ever, i have not emotionally and get to bed weaned my 21 month old, he is nutritionally weaned for the most part. i have never really considered tandem nursing before, but i guess i will just see what happens.

and the tv.....i believe that foremost in parenting you cannot teach skills you don't have...leading by example and action is the only surefire tactic that works around here. which means that the tv is still here! but we are mindful and forgiving of ourselves. we have almost got it to only movies and videos, and they have to be intentionally watched and we acquire very few new ones. whenever pbs kids starts getting watched and addictive i alter the antenna so that it is unwatchable. a hard nut to crack is my little one addicted to po and the teletubbies, and he can completely control the vcr and tv, he will be comforted and sit with dh instead of nursing, and i have mixed feelings about the whole darned thing.
#70 of 413 Old 10-23-2002, 04:11 PM

Hi Casina and Feather.......thanks for your info. Yeah, my doctor thought that it was okay to be 1 cm dilated as long as I can keep my Braxton Hicks to 4 per hour. She thinks that I am dilated because I have given birth before....18 months ago. Some days I have contractions, others I do not. I think for me it is psychological....the mind/body interaction. Thanks for your help.....Aimee
#71 of 413 Old 10-24-2002, 02:12 AM

Hey all.....Seattlite mama checkin' in. I'm about 33 1/2 weeks now (due 12/09/02). I'm having tons of Braxton Hicks also. My stomach is pretty much always rock hard. When I bend down (which is alot, considering I also have a 21 month old).....and straighten up, I immediately have a contraction; when my bladder is full, I have contractions; it is seriously all day long. I don't remember having this many BHs with #1, but I could've forgotten.

A somewhat scary incident happened two weekends ago. We were hiking with some friends on Mt. Rainier and my little guy, Indiana, started running towards the edge. He wouldn't have tumbled far.....just onto some cushy meadow grass...but still, it gave me a scare. I ran towards him, tripped over a rope and went flying...landing smack on my belly. It knocked the wind out of me and DH was freaking out. If we would've had cell service up on the mountain, he would've made me call the midwife right then and there. The baby moved shortly after I got my wind back and was moving normally the rest of the day, so I wasn't worried. I did end up calling the midwife later....and she called back while I was out. DH got to talk to her and she reassured him that the uterus is a wonderfully designed little cocoon....very strong and protective and that you'd have to almost fall directly onto a sharp, pointy object to do any damage. Hearing it from her reassured him much better than I seemed to do.

For all those who have offered suggestions/empathy about our television situation, thank you We've decided to keep it.....but put it in the guest bedroom, where Indy will still be able to watch Sesame Street and his videos and we can watch Monday Night Football. oes anyone else have suggestions to offer towards simplifying our lives?? We do have cell phones (don't think we'll be getting rid of them anytime soon). Casina......I wish my little guy was still nursing. He self-weaned around 18 months. He made a funny face after latching on a couple times (I guess the taste of my milk had changed)....and then lost interest. It was MUCH harder on me than him. I had been looking forward to tandem nursing. Casina, does your youngest understand there's a new baby coming?? Indy has no clue and there really doesn't seem to be any good way of preparing a toddler that young.

Well, I should run...take care all. Check in when ya can....

Lisa
#72 of 413 Old 10-24-2002, 03:06 AM

no, my younger ds does not know a baby is coming but i think he very much know that something is changing, both my boys have become desperately glued to me. my 2nd ds screams if i hold or touch my older, and gets ansty about me touching my husband, i am beginning to remember that this is part of becoming a two year old.....and i'm not exactly looking forward to it, and i thought three was even harder than the terrible twos.

i actually envy you about the self weaning at this point, though i remember how devastated i felt when the milk production disappeared. i do strongly feel i should warn y'all that when i bore the second my first was 2.5, and i was shocked at how much of my time was spent protecting the baby from attention getting harm, as well as protecting the older one from his own jealous feelings and unintentional brutal actions. which is why i was glad to learn to use the sling, i think this is the tenth time i've mentioned it. my older one would sometimes even forget that there was a sentient creature needing my attention because he was quietly nursing in the sling (by three months i could nurse and wash dishes-very slowly and carefully at first)

i have more than four braxton hicks an hour, the first time i decided i should be counting i had 8 in a row in twenty minutes while i was doing dishes, but when i peed and layed down they went away. i think that being able to slow them yourself is what counts, not the number. and since this is your second baby aimee, maybe you know what real contractions feel like?
#73 of 413 Old 10-24-2002, 03:06 AM

no, my younger ds does not know a baby is coming but i think he very much know that something is changing, both my boys have become desperately glued to me. my 2nd ds screams if i hold or touch my older, and gets ansty about me touching my husband, i am beginning to remember that this is part of becoming a two year old.....and i'm not exactly looking forward to it, and i thought three was even harder than the terrible twos.

i actually envy you about the self weaning at this point, though i remember how devastated i felt when the milk production disappeared. i do strongly feel i should warn y'all that when i bore the second my first was 2.5, and i was shocked at how much of my time was spent protecting the baby from attention getting harm, as well as protecting the older one from his own jealous feelings and unintentional brutal actions. which is why i was glad to learn to use the sling, i think this is the tenth time i've mentioned it. my older one would sometimes even forget that there was a sentient creature needing my attention because he was quietly nursing in the sling (by three months i could nurse and wash dishes-very slowly and carefully at first)

i have more than four braxton hicks an hour, the first time i decided i should be counting i had 8 in a row in twenty minutes while i was doing dishes, but when i peed and layed down they went away. i think that being able to slow them yourself is what counts, not the number. and since this is your second baby aimee, maybe you know what real contractions feel like?
#74 of 413 Old 10-26-2002, 12:39 PM

Yeah, the Braxton Hicks are a different feel than "real" labor contractions. When I have braxton hicks I usually lay down and drink some water, then I feel better. Does anyone know if Red Raspberry leaf tea is helpful in preventing pre-term labor? Would write more, but I am mighty uncomfortable sitting here. Thank you all for the great info.
Aimee
#75 of 413 Old 10-27-2002, 06:38 AM

i dunno specifically about preterm labor, but the tea is really great for us pg ladies especially in the last six weeks i would consider it a must. my main problem with it is my dh drinking it down, i get the loose leaf cut at the health food store/coop, brew it strong and drink it iced. anytime i have missed drinking it for more than two days my mood has gone down, not to mention all the benefits to uterune muscles and such.
#76 of 413 Old 10-30-2002, 02:00 PM

Well ladies, not much longer !! Is anyone due at the end of December? I decided to let my midwife check me at my last appt (36 weeks) and I am 3 cm dilated and 30% effaced. I know I could be like this for weeks, but I am hoping so much that I don't go post-term again. She estimated the weight at 7lbs. already!!!
Also, she said that the contractions indicating labor wouldn't necessarily be painful. Just regular and with downward pressure. I didn't realize that. Here I am having all these contractions that I classify as braxton hicks and when the day comes, those could be "real" ones. Glad she mentioned that!!
How is the nesting coming with you all? We are in the middle of our basement being finished and right now there is dust and powder and yucky stuff all over. A nightmare for me because I have obsessive compulseve disorder, and just horrendous to be nesting as well!!! I just want everything in order . Not just for the baby, but also for the coming winter. What have you all done, and what do you have left? I haven't washed any baby clothes. But I did get a couple new and comfy nursing bras. Something I didn't do last time. But I ended up really wanting to splurge on that this time.

Anyone have a planned hospital birth before? What did you bring for the baby? Do you bring clothes and diapers?

Hope everyone is feeling good !
#77 of 413 Old 10-30-2002, 02:48 PM

I haven't checked in for a while. I'm feeling pretty good but ready to be done with this. We are trying to sell our house and showing it in my condition is not easy. I clean and clean and the kids destroy it in five minutes.

We are having a hospital birth with a midwife and a doula. I'm excited about the doula. I've never had one before. She's wonderful and will save us from spending hours at the hospital. The kids are coming with us to the birth. The boys and my youngest will wait in the waiting room but my 6 yo daughter wants to come in with me. That's fine with me. I'm hoping to be able to stay home until I'm at least at a 7 or 8.

Right now the baby is face up and in a diagonal direction. That's not good. Hopefully he'll change direction soon!

Take care everyone!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#78 of 413 Old 10-31-2002, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
AHHH, how much longer must this go on. Well about 6-10 weeks but does it have to feel like an eternity!!!!!! My dh is determined to wait untill after the new year so we will have our deductible met at the start of the year. Gee honey, thanks for thinking about ME!: ( I am due Dec. 25) I am so sick of being pregnant. I know I shouldn't complain, that there are thousands of women who would trade places with me in a minute but I really don't enjoy this. i think I must be the only person on the planet who would rather spend six months in labor than be pregnant. I find labopr quite enjoyable. It is like seeing the finish line at the end of a marathon. Woo-hoo, done!!!

I drove to TX last week. What a stupid idea. 14 hours in a car with a 5 and 2 year old to spend a week with my mother. What was I thinking. Nothing about that seems pleasent. And it wasn't. It sucked. The whole 5 days. By the time I got home I was having painful frequent contractions. They have mostly stopped now. I am still a little worried about them. I hate overreacting about stuff but on the other hand I did completely miss preterm labor with dd#1 and we knew it would happen sooner or later and were just waiting for it. So I am clueless more or less. My midwife offered to check and see if the contractions were doing anything but I opted not to. (she didn't care either way). Would you be checked? Am I being to laid back and ignoring stuff? I generally walk a very fine line between not being overly concerned and not being a complete hypocondriac freak.

And oh, we got an early witner this tear. There is snow and ice everywhere - perfect for the amazing large women who can't see where she is stepping and wouldn't be able to get up if she fell. Perhaps I should get one of those "Help I've fallen and can't get up things." he he! The biggest problem by far though is that I can't zip my coat. Did any of you buy a maternity coat? None of my previous preg required a coat when I was at the peak of gestation. I was either done with a coat by the time I really started getting big or had had the baby by the time it started getting cold. I can't really justify spending $75 on a coat I will wear for a few weeks. Any suggestions for staying warm. If I just stay home I will go crazy counting the minutes untill this baby comes out.

So how is everyone else doing . I know I am gonna get really bummed when january rolls around an I am the only one still preg. but hey good luck to all of you. Are your ready? I still have a few things to do befoe the baby gets here. For instance this desk really needs to not be here. and the changing table needs to be fixed and painted. Is it OK to paint a little whilke preg? I guess I painted the whole freaking house when I was preg. with Lily but now i worry.
Go figure.

Thanks. as always, for letting me vent a little. I am feeling much better. Gotta run. time for trick or treating.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#79 of 413 Old 11-02-2002, 05:37 AM

i'm feeling weird, too. my dh has had a serious back problem since beginning may, now he does very light work for ten hours so we can keep the workers comp, which we barely survive on, i went and got food stamps last month, and the checks are always late and make him crazy, there's been talk about me going to get a job when the baby comes out which is a terrifying option to my senses, though i know that i may really have to do it. i feel emotionally responsible for dh and my two boys, which i know is overdoing it. fortunately i have managed to turn this baby around to anterior after being posterior the whole time, i'm due nov 18. my midwife told me i needed to spend time with the baby and talk to it about turning around and it really worked! i had been trying to physically get the baby to move with no success, my other two were both posterior and i never made such a big connection with them before they came.

my legs go numb with sharp pins and needles most of the time now, i am fully dropped and then some. so i'm getting pretty useless. the nesting instinct has faded a little, the hurry hurry hurry voice is less loud. i spent the last week pampering myself, did a belly cast, did a henna tattoo, my new friends bought me a massage, so i feel good that i have spent time with myself before the baby comes. i've even bought coffee in case the midwives need it and had to cancel a major flooring/toilet project for the bathroom because one night this week i had light but real contractions.....where did they go??? the hundreds of things i wanted to get done like clearing piles of junk and closets...aren't going to get done. that's okay, i've been spending more time with the boys anyway.

i'm trying not to let the insomnia and unsleeping aggravate me, lately i just pass out for an hour at any time with no harm done aside from being alarmed when i wake up that i'm drooling and what everyone is doing. so i guess i'm getting rest one way or another. and i am force feeding myself, i really crave foods but don't actually want to eat much. even this haagendasz next to me that i have been dreaming about for weeks!

maybe something not quite a coat would work, like a poncho or cloak, something you could justify by being able to snuggle a baby underneath as well.
#80 of 413 Old 11-02-2002, 11:10 AM

I woke up the other night on my back. When I tried to roll back to my left side I realized that the whole right side of my body was numb. Including my neck and that side of my head. I couldn't even blink my eye. Has anyone else expreinced this? It freaked me out. It lasted for a while (well, like ten minutes but it seemed like forever!). Anyway, I've never experienced that before. I've had my hands, arms, legs, feet fall asleep but to feel totally paralyzed on that side was weird.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#81 of 413 Old 11-04-2002, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

That is concerning. I would have totally freaked out. HAve you talked to your MW about it? I would deffinitely see what she thinks.

Gees this weekend sucked. I have been really weepy for a few days but didn't think anything about it. Saturday morning I woke up feeling "wrong". The feeling is hard to explain but it started with being wide awake by 6:30am. So very not normal for me. Also very weepy and crabby. Within two hours I seriously thought I was going into trasition and my dh still wasn't home from the gym (our car was on it's last fume when he left and so he had to stop for gas : )It took almost two hours to get me admitted into the hospital (no insurance cards - we got them the day before and hadn't put them in out wallets yet, computer broke, and everything was slow) All they could tell me is that I was having strong contractions (really!!! you don't say. In the mean time I am reconsidering my vow not to get an epidural I am in so much pain) Finally my midwife shows up and assures me nothing is happening with my cervix and it is probably just a kidney infection or kidney stones (lovely) but since I wasn't officially admitted they still refused to run my lab work (witch was on ice by now). Fortunately people don't argue with my MW and she started an IV to stop the contractions and took the lab work down herself. Seceral hours later the preliminary lab work came back that I did indeed have a UTI and 30 minutes later I had the perscription and felt 95% improved with in 20 minutes of taking it. (I respond very well to antibiotics). The thing is, I knew from the time I peed in the cup (5 minutes after walking through the door) what the problem was but it took 4 hours to get something that made me feel better. That just isn't right. Oh well at least it wasn't preterm labor or kidney stones. I really was terrified at the prospect of having to the NICU thing again. Nothing sucks worse than leaving the hospital without your baby. I was surprised at how quick the UTI showed up. I swear, besides weepiness and a headache, I had no syptoms untill my back started hurting. This is the second one in this pregnancy and I totally blew off the first one untillit totally sucked and swore I wouldn't let it happen again and then this time it freaking ninja attacks me. Out of the blue I am completely knocked out.

On the up side temperatures should return to normal by the end of the week - high 50's and 60's- and my coat delima will be solved. Yippee

And my question of the day. Bean keeps sticking her foot out just above my belly button. It is just to much temptation to resist giving a little love squeeze. Do you think that is mean. She keeps doing it so she must not hate it but it just sorta feels wrong to grab them like that KWIM. none the less I love that we can interact in a physical way before s/he is born.

Hey has anyone had thier baby yet? I know I could go to birth announcements but you gotta tell here too.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#82 of 413 Old 11-04-2002, 05:11 PM

I went to the MW today. She said that the baby was probably just laying on a nerve or something. It hasn't happened the last couple of nights so I guess I'm OK. I wouldn't let her check me today. I don't even want to know if I'm dialated. I usually dialate and efface really early and knowing makes the last weeks so much longer. I've never been more than three days early and I've been five days late twice. I just can't handle the "any day" sayings! I'm trying to be patiant this time.

My baby puts his foot out right by my belly button too. I will usually touch it or push it back in (if it's bothering me). I don't think it's mean at all. It probably makes them happy. I know it's crowded in there too!

Sorry about your weekend! What a mess. UTI's are no good! I get them alot when I'm pregnant. I also tend to get kidney stones which (knock on wood) I've managed to avoid this time.

Well, I'm off to read my new Mothering! Take care everyone!

#83 of 413 Old 11-05-2002, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter

The thing that helped me most during my unbearable wait was that one day a church a friend came up to me and asked "So did you catch that basketball game last night" I don't do sports but he was trying so hard to not mention the fact that I was "still pregnant". It was very sweet. I just looked at him and we both started laughing hysterically.

#84 of 413 Old 11-05-2002, 04:54 AM

i've been entertained by my belly cast, it is an interesting form of self love, massaging plaster onto a form of your body and thinking about how to make it beautiful. i highly recommend getting one.

i have a hundred tasks that won't be done before the baby is here so that i won't feel so much like waiting. i guess having gone right past 43 weeks last time i am expecting it can't go for as long this time, and am trying to enjoy the family of four for now. though i am weary and getting slow.

the baby resting on your nerve doesn't sound like a concerning thing, though i have never experienced that much paralyzation. for the past few weeks my legs have been partially numb or pins and needles most of the time now, i am strangely used to it by now. i find the peeing more irritating than anything else, topped by blowing my nose forever the past few days, probably from unearthing closets.

i think it is great you are squeezing her foot,
this is the first preg for me, after two already, that i really understand that an actual baby is coming out of me so i do that kind of stuff too.

i saw my backup doctor today, legally required for homebirth, and had a good talk with my dh about having the kids witness the birth.
#85 of 413 Old 11-05-2002, 05:12 PM

I only have 3 weeks left until my EDD, and I am so anxious. Went to my midwife yesterday, and the baby is in the correct possition for birth (LOA) so I am hoping she'll stay that way. She sticks her butt out all the time, and I think it's so cute!
I can't wait to see her!

So, what physical appearance traits are you hoping your baby will get from you and your husband?

I hope she gets my hubby's eyes (they are really big and blue with gold rings around the pupils), but my vision. Both of us have full lips, so either or, but both of us have bigger noses, so I hope she gets my mom's or brother's nose. I hope she gets the bottom half of my mom's side of the family, and the top half of my dad's, so that she'll be evenly proportioned. I also hope my hubby's teeth because they've always been perfect with no orthodontic work needed.
#86 of 413 Old 11-05-2002, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

I can't imagine this baby looking any different than my other two -who are jusat about identical except for thier noses. DH and I look a lot alike so its not like there is a whole lot of variation in the old gene pool. dd#1 has dh eye color (pale blue) and dd#2 has mine (dark blue). In the end they look more like my MIL and SIL than me or DH. The resemblence is amazing.

#87 of 413 Old 11-05-2002, 07:12 PM

Hello all! Boy, everyone's had an eventful couple weeks. Here are my wishes for no more UTIs, no more waking up numb, no more insomnia, etc, etc. Casina....I'd love to have henna tattoo done on my belly.......where'd you have it done (or did you do it yourself)??

Well....I know its silly....but I'm hoping for a green-eyed, curly-haired redheaded little girl. Does anyone have redheaded little ones? Did they have obviously red hair from birth?

Tonight........I have another pregnancy massage...ahhhhhh. I have to drive about 40 miles for it, but the best part is...its FREE! A massage school here in the area has been doing a workshop on pregnancy massage and they needed "guinea pigs" to do their final exams on. I had one of these about a month and a half ago and got a fabulous masseuse! She was a doula, already had her own massage business and was just specializing in pregnancy massage. Oh, it was fabulous. I'll let y'all know how it goes.....

I wanted to ask.......how many of you are having traditional "showers," how many are doing a sort of blessingway.....or are you celebrating this birth in some other way?? I'd love to hear all your ideas.

Another thing.....on my list of things to bring to the birth center was "FOOD....for labor (and for your midwives if you're feeling nice!). I definitely want to bring something for all in attendance to eat. I was thinking about making some yummy honey-whole wheat bread and a big pot of chicken noodle soup with matzo balls.

These next two months are be absolutely crazy. We're doing Thanksgiving at our house; as its 3 1/2 hours to MIL's house. Two Thanksgivings ago, I was about 7 1/2 months pregnant with Indy and we went to Thanksgiving there......on the way back, we got stuck in a snowstorm going over a mountain pass and it took us 11 hours to get home.

Alrighty all..

Lisa
#88 of 413 Old 11-05-2002, 08:31 PM

I am due on the 14th of Nov. My son was late, but I doubt this one will be. If it is, it will surely be drawn out by the full moon on the 19th. In any case, I'm counting on it not being too early, as dh has an art opening on the 8th about a two hours drive frim here, and I want to go. My mom said yesterday that I seem to be 'getting a kick out of doing everything right up until the last minute'. I thought, whose getting a kick out of it? Do I have a choice?! I volunteer with two non-profit societies, and October was pinacle months for them. I couldn't just not be around suddenly.
Anyway. I'm getting a novel out of the library tomorrow. It is almost time to let go.

As for the question about blessing ways... I had one with my son, but no one has offered to have one with this pg. I have a friend that keeps asking me, 'Are you going to have a shower or blessing way or anything?' I just shrug. Is it me that is supposed to plan these. I don't think so. I don't mind not having one, but I am a little hurt that the friend who keeps asking doesn't just do one for me. If she wouldn't ask, I wouldn't notice it missing. I don't really need anything, and I feel mentally/emotionally prepared.
But it sure was nice the first time.
#89 of 413 Old 11-05-2002, 10:58 PM

My best friend gave me a shower this time. It was a surprise and it made me feel so good. There were just a few people there but it was perfect. My true friends. She invited about 10 people and one of them had the nerve to say that I shouldn't get anything with my fifth baby. Whatever. I don't care. Obviously not a real friend!

I pack my days until the baby is born too. There really isn't a choice. I can't shut down for three weeks before the baby, then they're late, then you have to have a couple of weeks to feel better. That would be like 6 wks out of my life. I don't have time for that. Besides, being busy passes the time.

#90 of 413 Old 11-06-2002, 05:24 AM

lisa, i did the henna tattoo myself, i bought a kit and used a mirror to get the lower area and sometimes just pulled up on my belly a little. i practiced on my husband first. i have really enjoyed it though the idea seemed silly to me a few months ago.

i guess i have showering myself this time, really enjoying myself as much as possible.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page