morning sickness - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 04-05-2002, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i think I will try the Vit B, and then move on to the other suggestions after!!

Thanks alot guys!!

Ren
#32 of 41 Old 04-05-2002, 11:00 PM

The taste and smell of lemon really helped me. I had a bar of lemon verbena soap that I'd just hold under my nose and inhale deeply and it seemed to ease it a bit. I ate lots of lemon drops and those Claire's Organic Lemon candies are wonderful! I threw up from week 7 to week 18. I'm 31 now. No matter what I did, I was going to puke every morning. I found that eating a Tums to cut the stomach acid and a half a fresh apple started me off every day. I'd get up , throw up the apple then get going. I never had the nausea, just the vomiting that would come on short notice. I hope you feel better soon!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#33 of 41 Old 04-05-2002, 11:15 PM

I'm sorry Renee!

All the before mentioned ideas are good ones! You could also try making sure to eat protein rich snacks, try Anise or Fennel seed tea, depending on the type of nausea homeopathics sometimes help, Ipecac 30x, or Nux vomica 6x. The B6 supplementation can work well too! Once you get a handle on it though, preventing low blood sugar by eating all the time can keep it from getting worse sometimes!
Good luck!
#34 of 41 Old 04-05-2002, 11:41 PM

Vitamin B works WONDERS!!!!!!!
#35 of 41 Old 04-06-2002, 03:16 AM

I'm so sorry, Renee. I am actually not feeling anything, but instead of enjoying it I am worrying.

Anyway, a recent study showed that acupuncture has an excellent effect on nausea. Three groups were involved in the study: One was given acupuncture on known anti-nausea points, one was given acupuncture close to, but not directly on the same points, and the third was given the usual dietary and nutritional info. The group given accurate acupuncture showed the largest improvement. So it is definitely worth it to look into an acupuncturist near you. My husband is a veterinary acupuncturist, so I fortunately have one in my home - and I will use him if I develop nausea! It was awful with DD.

Good luck!
#36 of 41 Old 04-06-2002, 09:34 AM

Alis, wow, your DH is a veterinary accupuncurist, that is so cool, I wish my DH was a veterinarian, as it would save us a whole pile of money every year. I actually did accupuncture with DS at a Dr. if Chinese medicine, so she definately knew her stuff, but it didnt seem to do a thing, so I quit!

Nimamom- I am trying like you say to eat often, its just so tedious, I feel like some kind of "food pit", sent Dh out last night for muffins and doughnuts, needed something cakey and white.. how horrible, but seemed to help!

Puppy fluffer- I really like the sounds of lemon candies, I will have to look for those!!

I'm a little afraid of trying the red raspberry leaf tea, as I have read that it can cause contraction of the uterus.. . call me paranoid but..

ANyway, thanks again everyone for the super ideas, there has got to be something out there to help, other than sleep,

Off to eat breakfast, lots of protein, bacon and eggs if I can stomach it!!

Love REnee
#37 of 41 Old 04-06-2002, 03:56 PM

I have vitamin B-6. Will that work for the queasiness as well? If so, how much should you take?

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#38 of 41 Old 04-07-2002, 09:50 PM

what worked for me were ordinary scotch mints. they are the round white mints. they are not the icky chalky ones, but the smooth ones. theya rent terribly good for u, but sucking on them helped me function
Earthymama
#39 of 41 Old 04-08-2002, 11:33 AM

How much B6? My multis have something like 30 mcg in them (which it says is 1300% RDA). Anyone have a recommended amount? My nausea is certainly better when I take my vits than when I don't....

Mama to four great girls: 14 , 12 , 7 and 4
#40 of 41 Old 04-08-2002, 05:18 PM

I used "sea bands" which is accupressure (can be bought in any pharmacy) and that helped minimize, not eliminate my nausea. I also tried to eat a little bit every few hours and keep my protein level up. Ginger candies (likely available in an asian food store) were helpful too! Nausea disappeared when I was sucking on them but returned almost instantly when I was finished!

Cheers...Robyn
#41 of 41 Old 04-10-2002, 12:00 PM

I saw my mw yesterday, and she said that I could take up to 150 of B6 (ymmv, I suppose, so check w. your own provider if unsure of the exact amount for you).

She also recommended NOT eating and drinking at the same time. She said to eat a few crackers when I wake up, then, an hour later, to drink. Couldn't stomach that today b/c I'm always really dry when I wake up, and then, of course, as soon as I drank, the nausea came and I needed to eat....

My acupunctursit gave me small band-aids w. teeny magnets in them. I put them on my wrists at the same spot where the acupressure point for nausea is. They are much more low-profile than wearing the Sea Bands (which, frankly, is like wearing a neon sign saying "I'm Pregnant" [to those 'in the know' at least]).

hang in there everyone!

Mama to four great girls: 14 , 12 , 7 and 4

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page