breastmilk flavor change - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-04-2005, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well, over the past 36 hours or so my bm must have dramatically changed taste because ds is now crying and refusing to nurse after about 5 minutes. at this rate he is going to wean really quickly...

at about 4-5 months most people start to produce colostrum. maybe i am just a little ahead of that curve and he doesnt like the flavor. it is supposed to taste more like older toddler milk and he is just 16 months...

he just looks at me and shakes his head and wimpers. its quite sad.

edited to add i am 13 weeks pg.
#2 of 4 Old 03-05-2005, 01:12 AM

I am not quite 7 weeks, and my toddler has been telling me the milk tastes different. I hope your little one adjusts!
#3 of 4 Old 03-05-2005, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i get this bizarre phenomenon that when I get pregnant, my toddler LOVES the change and suddenly increases their nursings as much as I will allow. This happened with Grace when I got pregnant with Lily, and it is happening with Lily while pregnant with this baby.

I will pray for you and for your nursling, send positive vibes your way, that this transition goes smoothly. Some would love to have this problem I have, but when your nips are sore and you really want your space, it is difficult to continually refuse your begging nursling "liddle ning, Mama? Tid bit?"
#4 of 4 Old 03-05-2005, 06:20 PM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My DD stopped nursing at 8 weeks. She started making faces while she was nursing, like it tasted really bad, then she just refused it all together. I guess it can change flavors really quickly.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page