Bleeding at 29 weeks!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-16-2005, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So this morning I woke up and I have brown spotting. I had a few crampy BH contrax yesterday and kinda felt like something was wrong. Has anyone else had this? What was it? I am 29 wks. I am just about freaking out, my midwives aren't in yet, so they will call me back. AAAHHHH!!! I hate not knowing what to do.

baby coming to play with the computer, gotta go.
Louise
#2 of 5 Old 03-16-2005, 01:23 PM

Have you heard back from your midwife or are going in? Sometimes it is common to spot after intercourse. Bright red bleeding can be caused by a placental abruption, but it doesn't sound like that is what you have. Is it mucousy? Maybe you have released your plug? In any case, I would definitely go in to be seen. Keep us updated.
Elle
#3 of 5 Old 03-16-2005, 01:26 PM

Typically brown spotting means old blood. Hopefully you were able to see your midwives this am and know more - please let us know.

Michelle
#4 of 5 Old 03-16-2005, 03:53 PM

Brown spotting is old blood! If you notice that you are having contractions though try to time them! If you are having more than three in an hour or they are forming a pattern go to labor and delivery at the local hospital! (I just got told this yesterday!) Atleast have them check and make sure your not in labor! They can give you something to stop labor and if they can't then they can assist delivery so your little person will make it! (my sister delivered at 30weeks her son is 15mos old!) Try to relax I'm sure your midwives will call you back soon! Keep us updated!
#5 of 5 Old 03-17-2005, 12:25 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies. My midwives weren't in yet when I called and the stupid nurse basically told me that nothing was wrong and to just deal. She was not very nice about it either. I have not had sex in a while and haven't done anything that would cause bleeding. For a while tonight I had regular contrax, but they didn't really hurt, just felt really tight. I had those kind of BH for weeks before going into labor with my first. The only reason I am worried is that I have just felt that something was not quite right and that I would deliver early. Obviously nothing concrete enough for the nurse. But the bleeding stopped by this afternoon, I think it was some of my mucus plug. Which worries me a little, but what can I do. I will make an appt with the mw and hopefully get in soon.
Thanks for the support.
Louise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page