(possible tmi)Is it possible to begin dilating at 28 weeks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-27-2005, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my second pregnancy and I've bh ctx for the last three days. they seem to lighten up if I rest with my feet up. I checked myself and I could get like two fingertips in my cervix. Just wanted any input I could get.

__________________________________________________ ________________

Braann mommy to dh 12-10-02, 05-04, and 07-18-05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2005, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
it could be normal for you. it's hard to say because every woman is different, though it's more common to be more dilated early with subsequent pregnancies.

bh contx are really normal and healthy. it's regular contx that come in intervals that you can time and last a minute or so that usually are considered preterm labor. bh contx, though strong, only strengthen the uterus and help it grow, not necessarily change your cervix. if the contx lasts longer than 90 seconds, it's probably just a bh.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I was just curious because with ds I didn't begin dilating until I was in labor.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:04 PM

Doing what you did is how I found out I was in preterm labor at 23 weeks. Not to scare you, it might just be normal for your body, but I would get it checked out if I were you. Just to make sure.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

Old 04-30-2005, 03:47 PM

Just bumping this up to see if you are okay.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

Old 04-30-2005, 07:18 PM

I dropped, engaged, effaced and began to dilate at 32 weeks (without contractions).
But I went to 41.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

Old 04-30-2005, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

I have still been having some contx but a lot less than a few days ago. I think that I was just too active. I see my midwife monday, so I'll find out if everytihing is ok then. Thanks everybody
Old 05-01-2005, 03:50 PM

To piggyback on Pamela my exterior os was about 2cm dilated when I had cervical checks with DD. That is very typical of non-first pgs. Your interior os is usually closed until closer to labor beginning. I wonder if that's what you were noticing vs a true dilation of the cervix.

User Tag List