July 2003 Mamas-to-be Roll Call - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 846 Old 11-06-2002, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey mamas-to-be!

Who else is just finding out they are pregnant and due around July?

I'm 6 weeks pregnant today, and think the EDD is around the beginning of July.

Anyone else?

madison

#2 of 846 Old 11-08-2002, 12:00 AM

Madison, I am sooooooo glad to see you starting this thread, and even happier to be joining it. I started ttcing in July of 2001, and reading your posts on this board was a big part of what started my babylust.
I found out I'm pregnant 25 minutes ago, so forgive me if I'm rambling. I obvulated oct 22, so I am due July 15, but I think I will lie and tell the doctor my lmp was oct 11 so they will give me a July 18 due date (midwife is not an option due to insurance/financial reasons, and I DO NOT want to be induced)

Where are all the other July mamas hiding? Come out, come out, whereever you are!
#3 of 846 Old 11-08-2002, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

HEY NAOTALBA!

CONGRATULATIONS! 25 minutes ago, huh? That's great!

I'm glad you're here, too!

Isn't this both exciting and rather unbelievable still? I admit I still go look at the positive test, lol - but now morning sickness has kicked in and I don't doubt it anymore, LOL, as he/she makes him/herself known!

Welcome!

#4 of 846 Old 11-08-2002, 09:12 PM

MADISON!! This is such excellent, exciting news! I am so happy for you! I know this has been such a long time coming - congratulations! Something just made me look over to see who had started this thread and my eyes popped when I saw your name!

Just had to jump in - and I'll be checking back to see how you are doing!

Congrats again!
#5 of 846 Old 11-09-2002, 04:14 PM

Me! Me! I'm due on 7/10, but thinking more like 7/15 (I dreamt months ago that I was due on 7/15 and I did o a little late this month, just not sure how late).

I'm on pins and needles and will be until 12/26 (12 weeks). I've got problems with early miscarriages (like 4 and 5 weeks), but with every day that passes, I'm more and more excited. I carry the + test around in my purse and look at it every once in a while. This was a total shock since we were about to give up and choose to have an only child.

Side note: Alis, if you're reading this, I SWEAR I am going to measure that fabric and mail the swatches I cut months ago!! Really, I am!!

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
#6 of 846 Old 11-10-2002, 02:44 AM

Hi ALL!!!!!!!!

AF wouldn't have been due till next week, but I already know because I'm one of those women with very short stretches between af and ovulation

I'm going to be due half July ~ around the 15th if the math works this time. We're going to do home VBAC!!
#7 of 846 Old 11-10-2002, 01:46 PM

Congradulations, Simonee and Charmie981!
Yesterday I went out and bought a pair of little yellow booties, so I don't have to carry the urine-soaked test around anymore.
I have the "confirming" doctor's apt a week from monday- what do they do at the first apt?
How is everyone feeling?
#8 of 846 Old 11-10-2002, 03:15 PM

Hi fellow July Mamas!
#9 of 846 Old 11-10-2002, 09:56 PM

The first appointment with an OB is usually pretty invasive, including the whole gamut of STD cultures, a bi-manual exam to gague the size of your uterus, and a pap. If you've had a pap recently, there's not much reason for one now, especially since they often come back abnormal in early pregnancy. The STD cultures really aren't necessary if you're in a manogamous relationship, but most OBs won't let you get out of them, and the bimanual exam...well, I won't be having that done either. My goal with this pregnancy is fewer than 5 vaginal exams total . I'm also using a mw, so this isn't unreasonable.

I'm still totally stressed about every little twinge. The prenatals are starting to constipate me (thinking about just taking a folic acid supplement and some yellow dock and ditching the prenates all together), I'm sick sometimes, but not enough to reassure me yet. I'm cramping a lot, which is totally nerve wracking. My boobs hurt but I can't tell if it's b/c of the pregnancy or b/c of Samuel's sudden (involuntary) weaning due to the pregnancy (nursing was causing cramps). I'm really testy, but that could be the stress too. In short, I'm not sure if I have *any* pregnancy symtoms yet!!

I see the mw on Tuesday (as a doula for a friend though) so I'm going to find out if weaning is really necessary and if I can have sex. I sure would help a lot with the stress if I could keep the men in my life happy !!

I'm really looking forward to my stay on this board!!

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
#10 of 846 Old 11-11-2002, 01:50 AM

Hey ladies.....I may be joining you soon.....who knows though!! My current drama is laid out in the TTC board cause I did't think they would think I was nuts!!! I still have some time before I can test....I have no idea when I would be due if I am pg.....since Tracy is 6.5 months old and I'm not ovulating on a set or even closely repeating schedule!!!

Even if I do not join you.......CONGRATS!!! and I hope you have wonderful pregnancies!!!

Edited to add: I've been constantly nauseous for the last 9 or 10 days and I hope it sure pays off to be something!!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#11 of 846 Old 11-11-2002, 02:07 AM

Well I was so eager I jumped on the June thread, but I think the due date is July 1st. Maybe I'll just hover between the two. Morning sickness is pretty miserable now, plus I've had a cold for awhile. I dread having to find something to eat each time the wave of nausea hits. I feel like I'm just forcing food down.

Cindi
#12 of 846 Old 11-11-2002, 02:37 PM

MADISON!!! That's great!! I'm so excited for you. I've been wondering what you've been up to! Congratulations!!

SMC to Sophia, age 15, and Eleanor, age 9, and mother hen to too many nursing students to count!

#13 of 846 Old 11-11-2002, 06:09 PM

congratulations everyone!!

I just found out I am pregnant this morning! I'm very excited, and according to my calculations, I'm due arounds the middle of July (15-17). Dh is shocked, we just started trying in October, and he figured it would take a little longer than this! I keep staring at the test -- in case it changes ?? I'm soooo happy!

Trying to live life to the fullest.....with DH,  2 fun kids, and a wild dog. 

#14 of 846 Old 11-11-2002, 07:57 PM

Welcome and congrats, Erikanorth!

But dang! you're confirming a prejudice here: THere really IS nothing else to do in Nunavut between September and May, is there?
#15 of 846 Old 11-11-2002, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I knew there were more mamas-to-be in July here! Yeah, yeah, yeah!

Congratulations to those of you who JUST found out (as opposed to those of us who found out last week, lol!)!!!

I think a summer baby sounds so wonderful - getting to watch those skinny naked newborn legs & arms grow chunky and fat in the warm weather of summer

Unfortunately for me, I think I'll have to miss the Gay Pride Parade in July this summer - I was kinda looking forward to going and painting "Mommy Queerest" on my great big huge pregnant belly and wearing a bikini top (NOT BOTTOM, LOL), but my due date is near the parade date, and I won't be up to taking a newborn at a week or two or three old out amongst all those fun, crazy people! Oh, well - I'll have someone pick me up a t-shirt for next year when I'll be taking a 12-month old! How fun planning all this stuff!

And a summer birthday will be nice - I'll have Christmas paid off by the time I have to start paying off birthday expenses, LOL!

#16 of 846 Old 11-12-2002, 01:42 AM

Me too!!!! And totally unexpected. I've been feeling crappy and tired for about a week so I tested yesterday. Lo and behold, a +! I have no idea when I'm due (assuming it's July), because my cycles still hadn't resumed. I'm still breastfeeding my 12-month-old son, including 2-3 times at night, so I never expected to get pregnant. What a thrill!

Now that the shock has worn off, I'm so happy to be joining the July 2003 Mommies!

Kristina
Mama to Jacob 10/30/01

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#17 of 846 Old 11-12-2002, 02:51 AM

Madison, I'm sorry you'll be missing all the fun. If it makes you feel any better, I will be missing a very un-fun bar exam, for the same reason. Plus, isn't the Long Beach or Irvine Pride later in the year? Much smaller, I know, but still better than waiting all year.

Welcome to all the newly pregnant women! Congratulations! We're going to have babies!

For me, I'm having to get used to a July baby- I think the baby chose the one month I would have to rearrange my whole schedule for the future, to test my priorities. I like the idea of nudie baby in a cloth diaper taking walks in the sun. But I am worried about money, since our "plan" was for me to be a well-paid attorney while dh was a sahd. New plan- two parents both working part-time at low paying jobs for a year. I guess the baby won't mind unless she needs legal advice.

Erikanorth- take my advice- buy something small for the baby, so when you want something to reassure yourself, you won't have to pull out something you've peed on.

Charmie: Thanks for the info- I'm really wishing the apt was coming sooner, as unpleasant as it sounds, just because I would like to have the "official" confirmation.
#18 of 846 Old 11-12-2002, 03:42 AM

Madison; haaahaaaaahaaaaaaa!

Don't even think your babe with arrive on due date! You're gonna be the best mama queerest LA has ever seen!
#19 of 846 Old 11-15-2002, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Due July 18th!!!! I'm so excited to be here with all of you July mamas!

Tested positive yesterday morning...I wanted to see that line so badly that I didn't believe it when I actually saw it! I took another test just to make sure. I'm five weeks pregnant---wow!!!

I am soooo thrilled!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rose
#20 of 846 Old 11-15-2002, 11:11 AM

Well....I'm officially joining!!!! I'll post more later but Tracy is clingy today!!!

I'll be due sometime around july......not sure when though!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#21 of 846 Old 11-15-2002, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations, Rose & its_our_family!
#22 of 846 Old 11-16-2002, 01:53 AM

If I have this right, the firstborn babies to be here are:
Madison
Erikanorth
Rose
Me
Is that right? (Not to exclude the mamas on this thread, just to reassure myself I'm not the only one who spends all her time at MDC even though I'm not actually a mother)

It's_our_family- my cat wanted to let you know that he knew I was pregnant before dh and I did. Dh thought he had managed to horribly offend the cat, since the switch in loyalties was obvious. As of yet, it is my most noticeable preg symptom- the cat now likes me best.
#23 of 846 Old 11-16-2002, 12:41 PM

Welcome, JayGee and its_our_family!!!

Naotalba, this is our first, too (added signature below). Talk about uncharted territory!

I've been compulsively checking my pregnancy tests to make sure the lines haven't disappeared for some bizarre and unexplainable reason. I'm soooo excited, but nervous at the same time....

Rose
#24 of 846 Old 11-16-2002, 02:53 PM

I'm glad to see so many first time mamas here! Would that I knew about MDC with my first pregnancy. Maybe I wouldn't have felt like such a crazy when we didn't buy a crib and I was stocking up on cloth diapers!!!

#25 of 846 Old 11-16-2002, 09:42 PM

Rose: I just doublechecked, you were on the list already, just above me. I'm glad to see you that you and Erikanorth and I are all graduates of the same 2ww thread. By the way, we have the same edd- I'm predicting my baby will be born about 7/23 though.

Charmie- You made a mistake. You admitted to having used cloth diapers before. Now, you will be forced to share your knowledge with the novices <<evil cackle>> I'm thinking of chinese prefolds for day, and fuzzibunz for night, as the cheapest possible route. What do you think?
#26 of 846 Old 11-18-2002, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, this is my first baby, though I feel like less of a novice cause I've spent a ton of time around babies! I was a preschool teacher (infants 6 weeks - 12 months & 12 - 24 months) and preschool Director for 7 years, and a live-in nanny for a year to a toddler & preschooler - so I've put in some time already (the nanny job was 24/6)! I've already done the "drag butt out of bed in middle of night" routine, lol! Much happier to be doing it soon for my OWN kid, woo hoo!

I've also cloth diapered twins in my preschool for 2 years, so I've changed thousands of cloth diapers and look forward to cloth diapering my own babe. The twins folks used prefolds and simple wraps, so that's what I'm familiar with and what I'll use. I admit though, that I have a full prefold diapering package, two dozen Mother-Ease dipes for a future wiggly toddler, and a few nice fitted dipes for nighttime diapering. I also may use some biodegradable disposables when I'm out and about and cloth might be difficult (if I'm working again as a nanny). If I do use disposables on occassion, I will use fleece inserts with them so that only cloth of some sort touches my baby's butt. I think the Wal-mart brand diaper has no gel in it, so I may use those a bit during the day. But they don't call me "Diaper Addict" for nothing. I have about a dozen different kinds of diapers and wraps - I can tell you what I think will work nicely if anyone wants to talk about it in the diapering forum.

And I've been here at Mothering for about 2 1/2 years???? I think?? Maybe longer, LOL. I don't consider it odd that I hang out here without having children of my own yet, I consider it a sort of preconception/prenatal training and information gathering to best make informed decisions. I wish more people thought about their impending parenthood before they actually found out they were with child!

#27 of 846 Old 11-18-2002, 11:33 PM

Oh man, what kind of cloth diapers you use is such a personal decision. I really can't help there! My suggestion is to buy a couple of everything that looks interesting (and that you can afford) and see what you like with a newborn. With Samuel I started with homemade flannel pinnable fitted dipes. Never pinned them though b/c I was scared too. We used those with bummis velcro wraps and it was a nightmare. Poo on the wrap at every change, wraps wicking everywhere...AWFUL. At 8 weeks I bought 18 size 1 Kissaluvs and was hooked on them. But it took me another 8 months to figure out what wraps I liked. The key is SNAPS, not velcro. The velcro always seemed to wick for us.

With this baby, I'm planning to use Kissaluvs when (s)he's big enough to fit into the size 1s, but will use prefold-to-fitted diapers during the newborn stage. Since Samuel was so big and wore the 1s at 8 weeks, I just can't see spending $150+ on the Kissaluv size 0 diapers. I make prefolds into fitteds for about $3 per diaper and they will work with a newborn when you're constantly changing them. Plus I can probably recoup all of my cost when I sell them later!

But what works for me doesn't work for others and what works for other definitely doesn't work for me. I HATE Fuzzi Bunz with a passion. They're too expensive and they just didn't work for us at all. At nighttime we use a Kissaluv with a fleece-topped doubler inside of it. To each her own...

#28 of 846 Old 11-19-2002, 01:07 AM

Naotalba--I don't have an exact ovulation day, so I might be due later than the 18th as well. I had a yeast infection that clouded cm signs. I think I o'd on cd14, but it was hard to tell b/c I had a slow rise temp.

I'm glad the subject of cloth diapers came up. We are considering using them, too..

DH and I are planning for a homebirth. Anyone else?
#29 of 846 Old 11-21-2002, 07:30 AM

hi everyone

I've been waiting to join in as I'm a bit shy of early announcements - but as I've now hit 8 weeks I feel a bit more confident of saying I'm due on July 4

this pregnancy is a bit of a surprise as dh and I are very slow breeders and have had a number of losses, plus we are in the over-40 crowd

we do have 2 boys already, aged 11 and 5, who haven't learned the big secret yet but I'll have to spill the beans soon or they're going to wonder why I keep turning green and sprinting for the bathroom , well ds1 will wonder if not ds2

re cloth nappies : I used them for both my boys but the "diaper systems" I've read about here bear no resemblance to the flannellette squares I folded and pinned, it all seems terribly complicated and expensive - anyway I still have some good quality nappies packed away, though I had given away almost everything else

I hope I'll be continuing to post in this forum and meeting more July mamas

e
#30 of 846 Old 11-21-2002, 11:01 AM

ME TOO ME TOO ME TOO!!!!

We found out on Tuesday... And i found a edd calculator somewhere on the internet and it says i'm due July 22, which we figuired... My 1st ob appt is on Dec !7th...

Warm Squishy Feelings for everyone....

Dyan

It's lonely being the only XX in a house of XYs.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page