March mamas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 146 Old 11-13-2002, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone! How are you all?

Just wanted to check in and see what's going on with other mamas.

This is my 24th week (edd.3/7) and I'm feeling this little one stretching and moving around all the time. It seems like my belly is so big but I know it's going to get so much bigger.

I've just begun explaining to my dd (2 1/2) that I can't carry her all over the place anymore-especially up the stairs- and it is getting better.

I have very little appetite, but am keeping the Dr. Brewer guidelines on the fridge and just check off stuff during the day.

what's happening with you ladies?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 146 Old 11-13-2002, 02:23 PM

Hey, Melamama, the other thread kinda fell to the bottom, huh? My belly is getting bigger, too! It's starting to get harder to get up out of soft chairs. I starting going to a chiropracter because my pelvic bones are giving me fits. Dd has started giving the baby hugs all the time. Too cute!

Baby loves to roll around in there and kick anything against my belly, the counter, my hand, my arm, the table ledge, the mattress... Especially fun is to kick mom right in the groin, ouch!, or in the space where my muscles have separated slightly, now that just feels weird.

My appetite comes and goes. I've got the Brewer diet posted on my fridge, too. I did have to start taking iron, cuz my hemoglobin dropped two points. No wonder I was so tired!

SMC to Sophia, age 15, and Eleanor, age 9, and mother hen to too many nursing students to count!

#3 of 146 Old 11-13-2002, 04:01 PM

Hey mamas!! Thanks for getting us back up.

I too feel sooo big already, and even need to buy a second pair of mat jeans already Thankfully, I had my u/s last week or I would really be worried about more than one, but no, I'm just carrying her (yep, it's a girl, wasn't shy at all, and I said it before dr had a chance!!) all out front - the OB who did the u/s could find no reason why I'm measuring 3-4 weeks ahead, as she looks right on target for the edd I came up with based on my chart (which I just find cool LOL).

Oh, as for appetite, I would gladdly share some of mine!! I'm having the opposite trouble you ladies are, and need to remember to rein myself in a bit, as I feel hungry ALL the time lately.

Hope everyone is happy and healthy!
#4 of 146 Old 11-13-2002, 08:52 PM

hmm, new things here... dp finally felt kicking, then my sister felt it the first time she tried. the fetus kicks constantly. s/he kicks low and it cracks me up. the braxton hicks are still going strong, today i was slouching and i had one and i could feel it on my ribs...

oh yeah, and i'm measuring 4 or 5 weeks big now, too. i've gained 6 pounds and i'm eating everything in sight (well, everything vegan, my little sister has become the vegan police, "are you allowed to eat this?")

umm, i'm still making colostrum like crazy. i had to cut some washcolths into circles and start wearing a bra! i was leaking thru 3 shirts and i'm getting annoyed with the staining (and the cold cold wind)

interview with a new midwife next week and we're both looking for new jobs and a house after moving to ohio from calif.

life and the preganncy are really good

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#5 of 146 Old 11-15-2002, 12:26 PM

I'm about 22.5 weeks. I've been measuring ahead, but at this week's midwife appointment was only one week ahead instead of the 2 or 3 I've been until now. I'm feeling lots of movement, sometimes from the outside, but of course it stops every time I call dh to feel it. My energy is really good now--I'm walking lots, doing a little yoga most days. I've had some sciatic pain, but stretching has helped it a lot. I'm beginning to feel the change in my balance, and my belly gets in the way sometimes. DS (2.5) is still nursing a few times during the day, although I don't think he's getting anything, except maybe a few drops of colostrum. I"m having a few braxton-hicks every day. This pregnancy seems to be going SO fast. It seems like I just tested positive, and now we're more than halfway there.
#6 of 146 Old 11-15-2002, 04:19 PM

Thanks for starting this back up!
I'm not on so much anymore, but I love to stop by and catch up.

I'm 21 wks., and definately showing. It looks like I have a basketball attatched to my belly
The baby kicks everything too, especially the mattress! Every time I lay on my right side, it feels like he/she is rolling every knuckle/knee/elbow on my side.
Recently started to feel my braxton hicks w/o feeling my belly. They got painful w/ DD, haven't yet with this one. I get them usually when I get up from a sitting/laying position. This freaks my chiro out

I've been sick on and off, so my appetite is not where it should be, but I can tell I finally gained some weight (that'll thrill my midwives!)
I'll be having another u/s (1st was to check for twins) to check on a small subchorionic hemorrhage (blood clot in placenta) they found before. I haven't had any signs or problems, but we want to make sure it's the same size or smaller.

DD loves to pat/rub my belly, but she still doesn't understand that there's a baby in there. I can't wait until she's a little sis!

Krys
#7 of 146 Old 11-16-2002, 01:49 AM

You mean a Big sis! hee hee

Anybody else have trouble getting their socks on?

SMC to Sophia, age 15, and Eleanor, age 9, and mother hen to too many nursing students to count!

#8 of 146 Old 11-16-2002, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

no problem with socks, but I am starting to have second thoughts about shaving my legs.
#9 of 146 Old 11-16-2002, 11:54 AM

Yep, socks are officially an aerobic activity here!
#10 of 146 Old 11-16-2002, 04:22 PM

Melamama, I sit on the side of the tub and use the shower hose! Usually though, even when not pregnant, in the winter I skip it anyway.

Can you play "games" with your baby yet? Like patting your belly to get him/her to kick in that particular place? I think mine is starting to do that a little bit. I remember having so much fun at the end with Sophia. She loved to have me pat her little bum!

#11 of 146 Old 11-23-2002, 03:11 AM

I got a look-see at the belly bean today. Wow, having an ultrasound is so much fun! Being four-square against them, I didn't have any with dd, but this time around I needed to see that he or she is all right, due to my diabetes. He or she looked perfect and gave us a full on shot of his or her genitals, but the doc still wasn't sure what she was looking at. First she said girl, but then thought maybe it was not labia, but scrotum she was looking at. So I still don't know! Oh, well I guess I will know in about 3 1/2 more months.

#12 of 146 Old 11-26-2002, 03:00 PM

Yes! Big sis! lol
I just know I'll sign our birth announcements with Syd being a "little sis"...lol

My u/s is scheduled for Jan., which I'm excited about just to see the baby. My DH doesn't want to know, and the more I think about it I don't either. My family will flip if I get another u/s and don't find out the gender, heehee!

I've recently started leaking colostrum slowly but surely. If it gets as bad as my 1st pg, I'll be wearing b/f pads in a month!

Sofiamoma, if you go to Ultrasound gender guesses you can see the gender differences (if you got a video or pic).
I can't believe we all only have about 3 1/2-4 months to go!

Take care everyone!
#13 of 146 Old 12-22-2002, 12:00 PM

I was just wondering if anyone else was going through a major energy slump. It seems like it happened just about over night! I was feeling all sorts of good and actually getting the house cleaned up some--and then all of a sudden its like I wake up ready to go back to sleep.

Of course it could be that even when I'm 'sleeping' now, I'm really just tossing around trying to find a way to lay for more than 30 mintues that doesn't make me have to go pee or leave half my body numb!!

I also noticed that I am definitely *not* chowing like I did with my first pregancy--there just isn't that much food that is appealing to me this time round. Think that might be part of it? Wouldn't I be hungry for more food if I weren't eating enough?

anyhoo...I'm 28 weeks...(While I can't believe it has been that long, I also can't believe there are still so many weeks to go!!)

Lauren

mom to three boys:  reading.gif(18 bigeyes.giffencing.gif(10&7)
#14 of 146 Old 12-22-2002, 06:11 PM

We're at 26w3d and the baby has had a couple of growth spurts in the last 2 weeks. I could tell b/c s/he was so quiet the last few days and today s/he is moving all over! It's crazy how pointy my belly is!
No 2nd u/s for us anymore. We talked about it (and w/ my midwives) and feel like if there was a prob with the hemmorhage then we'd know about it by now.

I'm kind of going through an energy slump also. I'll wake up and eat my norm breakfast & feed DD, then I have to sit for a couple hours and eat again before I do a lot. With the holidays coming up we've had a lot to do, but I've been so dizzy/lightheaded when I try to do too much now.
I've also had big time insomnia!! I had it w/ my DD a little, but every night I'm up forever (latest 4 am!! ) and I still wake w/ DD. That could be contributing to my tiredness also

I too am not eating like my first, not sure why though. I've gained good weight after my m/s went away, so I'm not too worried. Maybe it's b/c my cravings are different now, and most of them are for candy bars (: hardly ate any before!) - and I'm not keeping up with that craving . With my DD I craved all my fav foods and I felt good eating them, so it was easy to eat!

Thanks for bringing this back up
Krys
#15 of 146 Old 12-23-2002, 09:24 AM

Melamama
I am also due 3/7 and have a 2 1/2 yr old!!!!!!!! WE're doing ok. I've already gained 30 lb but this is the same as w/#1 and i lost it fast so no biggie, We are planning a home/ waterbirth...is anyone else planning a homebirth in March????????? I also am stuck on girls names...we won't decide until she's here but our list has
Lillian (Lily)
Kyra
Lane
Julia
would love some suggestions!
#16 of 146 Old 12-23-2002, 10:32 AM

I am .... well now that i think of it - i stopped keeping track of weeks cuz everything moves so slowly when i do...

but my due date is like march 11th....

my baby is kicking around alot but only wayyy down low - sometimes i could swear that she is already in my vagina - thats how low the kicks are. oh yea, i am saying 'she' cuz i found it its a girl.

i would love to have a water birth at home but they don't allow it here....i birthed my 2nd - ds- completely natural in the hospita.

anyways, i am really heavy and have gained alot of weight -sometimes i feel like i can't breathe. Sometimes i have trouble sleeping at night and sometimes my 1 and half year old has trouble sleeping so between the both of us its tough.

anyway, i dont know about you all but i can't wait to have this baby!

Momma to GG (dd - 14 yrs old), Active (ds - 10 yrs old), Toon (dd - 8 years old), Olive (ds - 5 years old), Princess (dd - 4 years old) and babyboy.gif Keemo (ds - 24 days old)

#17 of 146 Old 12-23-2002, 01:32 PM

I would love to try a water birth at some point, but I think with this guy I'm just going to be happy to try labor in the tub (we cheated too and 'found out', although we really didn't have much choice--the first image on the us was him mooning us ).
My whole experience with ds#1 was so typical hopsital/OB not wanting to sit around for a first time mom...I'm curious to try a water birth, but right now I really just want to see how a 'regular' birth w/o pit and having your water broken and having an epidural goes--kwim?

Sleep is definitely getting interesting--the other night I had the pillow I sleep with between my legs ended up beneath my hips and I rolled onto my back and I swear I haven't slept that well in months. And of course-tried it again the night before last, and I couldn't lay on my back for 30 seconds without feeling like I was going to suffocate. *sigh*
I usually end up half on my side, half on my stomach (with something like 7 pillows holding the rest of my body up, so I don't have any real weight on my stomach), but I'm sure that will end soon too.

Does the baby kicking wake you up? This morning it felt like he was trying to kick out my ribs (I'm not quite sure how he managed that, since I didn't think he was up that high yet). Other times he does kick WAY low, which is such a totally weird feeling (ds1 didn't do that at all!)

LukesMum, I like Kyra a lot
We're down to 3 names for our guy, but I told dh that it was silly to pick one out now--with ds#1 I had a name all picked out, but then as soon as he was born and I looked at him I knew it wasn't the right name and changed to something I hadn't even been thinking about...of course I'm weird like that....

Here's to a quick (but happy and safe) 3rd trimester!!

Lauren

#18 of 146 Old 12-24-2002, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Is anyone else getting numbness in their legs at night? I'm a side sleeper but I find I can't stay on one side longer than a couple of hours and I wake up and one of my legs is asleep. maybe I need to do more pillow propping. I've also moved to that point where I have go get up to pee at least 3 times a night. ugh.

Lukesmom, I like your names they're all very sweet. We had a list last time and waited until dd was out to decide too. She definitely was her name and not any of the others on the list. I'm trying to get together a list of boys names but I have one that keeps sticking-but dh still says he needs convincing on. My father asked if we had names picked out yet, dh said we have 2 lists--his which are mostly comical and mine which are mostly bizzarre. :
#19 of 146 Old 12-24-2002, 05:00 PM

I am having pain around my tailbone!!! It really aches when I get up from sitting. Off to the CHiropractor!
#20 of 146 Old 12-24-2002, 05:56 PM

Hi, mammas! I'm 28 weeks--due around march 18. I'm almost as big as I was full term with ds, but he was tiny. My uterus measures on target, but I look so much bigger than last time. I never got to the point of feeling huge or uncomfortable with ds, but I'm getting there now, with 3 months to go still. My biggest complaint is heartburn, which happens no matter what I eat, even small meals. DS is still nursing, although I'm really trying to limit it--it still hurts, and he seems to have forgotten how to latch on correctly--feels like his little teeth are clamped right around my nipples--ouch! Baby is kicking, rolling, and squirming lots. I love it and never get tired of feeling it. I'm starting to get excited about the birth--a home waterbirth. Time seems to be flying with this pregnancy. Before we know it we'll all be posting about our births!
#21 of 146 Old 12-26-2002, 10:41 PM

Lukesmum--does the chiropractor seem to help with that?
My lower back and tailbone have been killing me (cooking Christmas Eve and Christmas didn't help AT ALL!! ). My midwife told me I should try going to the chiropractor, but with all the other running around and appointments and things, I just keep putting it off.
A few hours lounging in the recliner watching dh and ds kill their brain cells on the nintendo seems to help lots, but as soon as I'm up and moving around again or sitting anywhere else, the pain comes back (including when I'm in bed!! )

Other than that, all is going good. Babe is already getting himself all sorts of on a schedule (wakes me up kicking every morning at 6:30 ). Monday starts my every-two-week-checkups. I remember with DS that from that point to the end, time just *flew*. I keep thinking about we really haven't done anything yet to get set for this babe. Still have to bring all the babe furniture in from the garage and replace all the things that need to be replaced....I can't wait to go shopping for babe stuff!! I'm trying to behave and just window-shop online, but its getting harder and harder.

#22 of 146 Old 12-26-2002, 10:55 PM

Boobykinmama - Me too!! In fact all over the past few days with family, I have heard over and over how big I am LOL

No real complaints right now other than a lack of sleep - we have been going going going for a week now to get all the family in for the holidays, and I am one TIRED mama.

Hope everyone is happy and healthy!
#23 of 146 Old 12-27-2002, 10:35 AM

Yes, the chiropractor helped...I feel much better. It should help you significantly with the lower back back and the tailbone can be a result of tight gluteal muscles kind of playing tug of war with you tailbone (or coccyx-anatomical term) I practice yoga which has kept my back straight and I'm a prenatal massage therapist. I think EVERY pregnant woman should get prenatal massage!!!! So, i recommend one or the other or both. Problem with chriporactic is they will want to start you on a regime (maybe 2-3x a week) for the first month) and you may just not feel like that much right now. A massage can do wonders!!!
#24 of 146 Old 12-27-2002, 01:45 PM

Okay, I have to admit I have been dreaming about going for a prenatal massage, but I've been holding off just because I can't imagine how on earth they would be able to arrange a position that would be comfy enough to last for the duration of the massage!
Now...if they had a table with a big ol' hole cut out for my belly, so I could actually just lay on my stomach for a little while, I would be there in a heartbeat!!

#25 of 146 Old 12-27-2002, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

boobykinmamma-for the heartburn have you tried papaya capsules? (actually they may be chewables) I had a lot of heartburn my last pg and I think they helped a bit.

I'm big too, my mom was joking (?) "well maybe it's twins" that was just the most unhelpful comment I've heard in a bit.

I want a prenatal massage too, I'm just trying to time it so I'm not completely desperate for another. I had a pedicure the other day and that was pretty great.
#26 of 146 Old 12-27-2002, 09:02 PM

ljkelly-

they do make a table with a big old hole in the middle for your belly! they do! so, find a massage therapist that specializes in prenatal massage, and schedule one. I can testify that it is heavenly.... this is making me want to schedule one.
-Lau
#27 of 146 Old 12-28-2002, 02:12 AM

Quote:
they do make a table with a big old hole in the middle for your belly! they do! so, find a massage therapist that specializes in prenatal massage, and schedule one. I can testify that it is heavenly.... this is making me want to schedule one.
WooooHoooo! I'm calling tomorrow to set up an appointment
I think only the one therapist at the place I go to does prenatal massages...I wonder if she'll be in tomorrow (I REALLY shouldn't get my hopes up, but boy would it be nice...)

And that solves the question of what to do with the money my parents gave dh and I for Christmas

Well...its that or diapers. But I'm trying to hold off on buying covers and things till I know how big the babe is going to be. Ds1 was over 20 lbs before he hit 2 months. I don't want to buy a bunch of newborn covers and AIOs (for my parents and dh...oooh and maybe ds1??) and have them be too small after a week.

So, gosh darn it, it looks like I'm calling for the massage
Muhahahhaha

#28 of 146 Old 12-28-2002, 10:14 AM

FYI ..Not all prenatal massage therapist use the pregopillo as they call it which is a thing that goes on the table with the hole in the middle.....most are originally trained in side lying massage which is you lying on your side with a pillow or bolster between your legs, one against your chest and one under your head. It's very comfortable and much easier to get to all areas of the body this way (not just the back) I have been practicing prenatal massage for 5 years and have always used the sidelying method
#29 of 146 Old 12-31-2002, 04:38 AM

well after completely PIGGING out while pregnant with ds1...and gaining something like 45 pounds (which I never lost, mind you..*growl*)...this time round I haven't had the massive food cravings, and if I do its mostly for veggies or cheese (and the occaisonal need for chocolate ice cream). Anyhoo...my total weight gain so far has only been 15 lbs, and everything is going good. I am SOOOO relieved.

I started out in August talking with my midwife about the fact that I was concerned about gaining too much weight. I don't think my poor back/hips/knees could take it if I gained like I did with ds1. At the same time, I don't want to not gain enough weight, ya know?

Anyhoo, I actually feel like after this guy is born, I might be about back where I was when I got pregnant--despite the fact that I am AT LEAST two times bigger in the belly than I was with kiddo #1. I didn't even have to buy maternity clothes with him till I was in the end of the 8th month! This time round, I've been in maternity clothes since month 3!!

Sorry for the babble...but I just went to see my midwife today, and I'm so happy to hear that everything is going good with babe

AND....the hospital we are going to be having the babe at...they are starting water births in February!!! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!

on that note, I think I had better get some sleep.
I hope all is well with the rest of you

Lauren

#30 of 146 Old 01-02-2003, 06:51 PM

Also planning on a homebirth in March - and going to have our hot tub prepared in case I feel like laboring in there - this is the first pregnancy that I have reached the third trimester for (yea!!)and have gained so much weight! at least 35 lbs. already - yikes! I think I was anxious to look and feel pregnant and certainly do! Any advice for this last trimester? I don't want to deprive baby of nutrients now but with increased protien, etc. I feel like am eating nutritionaly but the weight just keeps going on! I suppose I should relax and trust my body knows what it's doing but it sure seems like it will be hard work to get the weight off later! Happy New Year and Third Trimester to you all!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page