fertility problems from the pill - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 11-20-2002, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got a spot today!!!!!!!!

But that was all. Nothing else since this morning.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 45 Old 11-20-2002, 10:07 PM
XM

Congratulations, Christy!! That's a start...

Dancing banana is here to kick off a Red Party for you! He's such a party freak that a spot is all he needs to get his groove on.

XM
#33 of 45 Old 11-21-2002, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

nothing sice the spot, though

But that's ok, I am feeling crampy today, so I'm sure that "period from hell" it on it's way!

lots of love to all....

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#34 of 45 Old 11-21-2002, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good grief I have never looked forward to a period so much - and it isn't even mine.

And to think that I am happy about your cramps. I feel like a traitor. Oh well, take a few Midol for me

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#35 of 45 Old 11-24-2002, 04:42 AM - Thread Starter

hey guess who showed this morning in full swing??!!??

It was my old Aunt Flo....

I'm so happy! and crampy, haha!

What sucks though is I have to use disposables as my lunapads are not built for this kind of pressure!! :LOL

I'm so happy that my parts are working!! And I am going to start taking vitex soon to keep me "regular."

Thanks to all of you lovely ladies for your help and understanding!! I love you all!!

#36 of 45 Old 11-24-2002, 04:54 PM

Congratulations!!!!! Sorry they scared you with the "worst case scenario". Bet you are feeling on top of the world right now.
Kirsten
#37 of 45 Old 11-24-2002, 06:45 PM
XM

Yeah!! Christy is bleedin' and crampin' and back in the game!!!

You want to know what a freak I am? The other day reading this thread, I got concerned for a moment... I wa like, "hey, wait a minute... when was MY last period? It's been a while, wonder what's wrong?"

Duh. Pregnancy brain. Sometimes I scare me.

XM
#38 of 45 Old 11-25-2002, 04:22 AM - Thread Starter

hey XM~~~~
:LOL maybe you're pregnant! :LOL

pregnancy brain RULES!! Wouldn't it be cool if there was a "pregnant brain smiley?" That would make it easier to type!

Yes, I feel tons better. eating chocolate and loving the fact that my ER dr gave me a prescription for tylenol3 That helps alot!! All my girl friends at work were sooo excited when I told them i got my period! It was funny b/c just like lilyka said, they were so anxious about this period and it wasn't even theirs!!!

I hope this means all my parts work right. I would hate to go through this again. I'm definately going to get on a vitamin regimen to keep my cycles regular, or at least as regular as possible.

Thanks for my Red Party!!

And thanks for the hugs!:better

#39 of 45 Old 11-25-2002, 05:00 AM
XM

Hooray for menses!!!!

T

You know what kills me? I had tonsilitis about a month ago, and the doc asked me if I needed anything for the pain (geez, I gave birth w/o drugs, a sore thorat is nothing!). I asked her what she had in mind and she said Tylenol 3!!! I protested and she assured me it was safe for the Spawn. Then I realized, "Duh! I'll just keep it for gnarly period cramps!" and went ahead and got it. It's in a drawer waiting for my post partum cramps from hell.

So take one of them puppies for me

As far as pregnancy brain, I am told that there is also lactation brain... but I refuse to beleive these sacriligious rumors. My mental capacity will be 100% once I birth this baby (all of you who know otherwise, please just leave me alone with my dellusion I can't bear the thought of losing my keys daily till this babe is weaned).
#40 of 45 Old 11-25-2002, 07:32 PM

:LOL XM I've got pregnancy & lactation brain. Yesterday I had to go into the office. I was leaving so I put my car keys in the pocket of my jeans. When I got to the car, I put Saffron on the boot while I rumaged thru my bag to find them. There I am rumaging away telling her I can't find my keys & she's jumping up & down babbling away in her cute little baby language pointing at my pocket. I eventually got it : So slightly T but one of the joys of extended nursing is your toddler can help out with lactation brain

Congrats on the red party Christy
#41 of 45 Old 11-26-2002, 02:42 AM - Thread Starter

tylenol3 rules

I'm feeling better today...day 3...and it's starting to slack off a bit. So I guess it isn't as bad as I thought. I was thinking it would stay heavy/crampy for 7 straight days.

Anyway--I lose my keys and purse and remote control to the tv on a daily basis....so you guys aren't that bad! serioulsy, we went for 2 whole months changing the channels with the cable box....one....channel....at....a....time....! It....sucked....! My boyfriend finally found it in the couch. Literally inside the couch!

#42 of 45 Old 01-07-2003, 03:25 AM - Thread Starter

well, update for anyone interested:

I had a 5-day period--1st 3 days were hell, the last 2 were easy.

Santa was supposed to bring me a big red present on Christmas day, but he forgot to come to my house. Oh, and I've been taking vitex pretty regularly. But i have only had that one induced period. so far, nothing on my own.

Until today, I haven't worried too much about it. but today at the grocery store, I think I saw more pg ladies and babies than I have ever seen in one place at one time :LOL and it has gotten me to thinking those nasty bad thoughts again...since I haven't had my period on my own yet, (without the assistance of prometrium), does that mean there's still something wrong?

I'm supposed to wait until February 25th. If i don't get a natural period by then, I'm supposed to refill my prescription for the prometrium and induce another one.

UGH I feel so crappy.

sorry for the bad report. I know so many of you were pulling for me. thanks. I think I'm just in a funky depressed state right now.

----------------------
christy

#43 of 45 Old 01-07-2003, 03:33 AM
XM

Maybe you just need more time... I know when I got off the shot, my cycles were SO whacked. Heinously so. Pathetically so.

Were you wanting to ttc soon, or are you just wanting to get your cycles normal so all systems will be go for when you are ready to start your family? Thanks for the update, though, I have been wondering about how you were doing.

XM
#44 of 45 Old 01-07-2003, 04:26 AM - Thread Starter

shhhh......don't tell anyone......i really want to start ttc, but my boyfriend wants to get married first! can you believe that!! haha:LOL

I really just want to get straightened out so that I know for a fact that all my parts work and i *can* have a baby. I want to get back to a normal cycle so ttc won't be a problem.

I still hear my doc's words in my head that I could be one of those women who can never have kids. and that worries and sickens me. I really *really* want children and I want to have them on my own. No needles or specimens or drugs.

I guess we'll see what happens.

thanks for your interest! it makes me feel better to know that people care out there. to my family, this is basically a dead issue...as far as they are concerned, i had a period, so everything is ok. My boyfriend is really attentive and has been really helping me alot.

thanks!

#45 of 45 Old 01-07-2003, 01:40 PM

PLEASE try acupuncture. I am afraid of needles too...I have very difficult veins so blood tests are always arduous...and I had many as a child. Acupuncture needles are thinner than a hair...and they don't put anything in or take anything out, so they don't hurt like that. Go and try! Some will use so acupressure too until you're comfortable. I am not talking out of my butt...I really do hate needles! And two friends who are even worse about it than me (feel faint when they look at them) are now huge acupuncture advocates... Find a practitioner that seems soothing and nurturing to you. I swear for my sis and my friend in Colorado, acupunture is what got their cycles fixed up!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page