What was the VERY FIRST sign that you were pregnant? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 181 Old 07-04-2005, 12:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
with dd: nothing! maybe slight cramping, but really felt completely normal.
with ds: a small (size of dime) spot on my upper lip that had turned brownish with dd and then faded after her birth, suddenly was dark again. i looked in the mirror one morning and said "what is that? oh my God... i'm pg!". also, my uterus actually felt like a low level of electricity was running through it (like it was buzzing!) constantly. after these 2 things, i just "knew" i was pg. even when the test came out negative, i threw it away and said, it's a mistake... i know for a fact that i'm pg. i just felt it. (i later pulled test back out and it had a faint positive)

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#62 of 181 Old 07-04-2005, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanPlanter
Even before you knew you were pregnant - in retrospect could you look back and find some signs of pregnancy from the very earliest days of conception? Like gassiness, or fatigue, or....
I knew before I was even late. I was sick and felt dizzy a lot. I also had a feeling the night of conception that I was pregnant.
#63 of 181 Old 07-04-2005, 12:57 AM

first pregnancy ~ weird dizziness. It hit me when I was sitting down; suddenly the room would begin to spin!

second pregnancy ~ hmmm... not as clear. I remember having sore breasts, but that's about it.
#64 of 181 Old 07-04-2005, 11:39 AM

I went to bed with my own boobs and woke up with stripper boobs. That and cramping, implantation spotting, fatigue.

Mama to Thing 1 and Thing 2.
#65 of 181 Old 07-04-2005, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinhead
I went to bed with my own boobs and woke up with stripper boobs. That and cramping, implantation spotting, fatigue.
"Stripper boobs" :LOL So I guess we should call you "Pumpkinbra"?
#66 of 181 Old 07-04-2005, 06:35 PM

1st preg- boobs were even more sore than usual before period

2nd preg- nothing until test

3rd preg- strangely enough, the *lack* of sore breasts tipped me off this time, because for months my boobs started hurting about 8 days before my period, and they didn't hurt at all. So nothing besides the + test. Then nausea began several days afterwards.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#67 of 181 Old 07-04-2005, 06:39 PM

My sense of smell changed...some smells made me gag.
#68 of 181 Old 07-05-2005, 02:53 AM

Felt slightly sick to my stomach while DH was driving around a round-about.
#69 of 181 Old 07-05-2005, 09:45 AM

I just remembered that my maternal grandmother was said to know immediately each time because she became violently intolerant of milk!

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

#70 of 181 Old 07-05-2005, 11:01 AM

dreams.

1st pg (very unplanned) - five baby dreams in 6 days. On the last day, I woke up & POAS. +

2nd pg (very planned) - I had a feeling, then had a dream about quints. Next morning (6 dpo or 8dpo, depending on 2 separate temp rises) woke up & POAS. +

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#71 of 181 Old 07-05-2005, 12:21 PM

1st pg...don't remember, lol. We were pretty determined to get pg so I probably tested before I felt any symptoms!

2nd pg...not so planned (but not really unplanned either, if that makes any sense) - the only early symptom I got was I got REALLY slow while jogging. I had been jogging w/a neighbor for months and suddenly I had to stop a few times to catch my breath, and when I did run, I was going really slow. After 2 days of that a light bulb went on and I went and bought a test!

A writer/runner/thinker/wife with two daughters (11/02 and 8/05), one dog, three cats, seven fish, and a partridge in a pear tree... in Vermont.
#72 of 181 Old 07-05-2005, 03:54 PM

With my first, I didn't want to "get my hopes up" so I did not know I was pg until I took the hpt. In retrospect, I had major fatigue, and felt like I was getting sick.

This time around, I was charting and had a good feeling about it. When I was constantly starving, got heartburn without cause, and started getting fuzzy headed (I forgot to hold ds's hand when we were going into a parking lot!), I knew I was pg. I waited until 18 days pp to take the test, but I knew it was just a formality.

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#73 of 181 Old 07-05-2005, 04:20 PM

"Fatigue" doesn't BEGIN to describe how I felt a few days after conception. I thought I had the flu or something (it was January)!
#74 of 181 Old 07-05-2005, 04:37 PM

The first real sign was that my dog wouldn't go downstairs for breakfast, but stayed with me until I got up. I didn't figure out this was related to my pregnancy until about a month after I'd known I was pregnant, but when I thought about it, it started around when I must have gotten pregnant.

When TTC I was the queen of psychosomatic symptoms. I had fatigue, breast tenderness, and even nauseau a lot of the time that I wasn't pregnant.

The things that were different when I was pregnant, were a persistent sense of awareness of my uterus, not exactly cramping, but a little bit of fullness, and a feeling of "I'm here. . .I'm here" I think some dizziness, but I can't remember if it came before or after the +.
#75 of 181 Old 07-05-2005, 05:01 PM

In re: the incessant burping... I think it's because a hormone released slows your entire digestive system down... causing constipation, cramping, heartburn & gas.

My first symptom was an inability to drink my beloved coffee.... I had EXTREME heartburn, thought for sure it was an ulcer...
and I fell asleep in the car while dh was driving (I'm usually using my "passenger side brake").
and my boobs were, um, bouncy...
and I noticed how bouncy they were every time I had walk to the bathroom to pee(several times an hour).

Now that I'm TTC I have every symptom imaginable each month....even "implantation spotting" .
#76 of 181 Old 07-06-2005, 01:03 AM

Implantation spotting 8-11 DPO.

**Kat**
Homeschooling her 5 year old.
#77 of 181 Old 07-07-2005, 07:41 PM

I had heartburn for two nights and I never thought about it until I got the positive test....then looking back, I realized I hadn't had heartburn since my last pregnancy :LOL

with my first pregnancy, I had cramps but my period never showed up!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#78 of 181 Old 07-07-2005, 07:46 PM

I was soooooo hungry I couldnt stop eating. We were traveling in Europe and had train food, ie salami, bread, chocolate, cheese, water bottles, nutella, crackers. I ate every single thing we had in our bag on a train ride from Vienna to Amsterdam and was still hungry :LOL
Then when we arrived in Amsterdam I noticed my boobs felt very tight and seemed bigger. This was about 1-4 days after conception! I knew right away, which I never thought I would....
#79 of 181 Old 07-07-2005, 08:40 PM

First I thought my period had started, but later found out that was implantation spotting (which lasted 2-3 days). I became extremely hungry, more easily tired, and my breasts were tender.

This was 2 weeks after conception or what would be considered 4 weeks pregnant.
#80 of 181 Old 07-07-2005, 08:47 PM

Extreme fatigue here, too. I thought I was sick. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. And then brushing my teeth was impossible without gagging.

Those were the first 2 symptoms before I took the pregnancy test.
#81 of 181 Old 07-07-2005, 09:05 PM

With my first I knew right after conception.

With my 2nd I had really long stomach bug

With my 3rd I turned around in the car to look at the kids and felt like I was gonna vomit and my head would spin right off my shoulders.

With my 4th I had to pee and my hips hurt.

With my 5th I woke up one am and said, "OMG I am pg."

With this one I knew like a mos before I tested and told myself ok get rid of that thought - I am not. Then I had some spotting I thought was my af and dh immediatly said it was implantation bleeding. Still refusing to belive I was pg a few weeks later after a few days of feeling like I had the worst stomach bug I told dh he better go get me a pg test. I had the worst ms this time around.

Michelle

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#82 of 181 Old 07-07-2005, 09:25 PM

My very very first sign before even taking an HPT has been dizziness and fatique. This is how I knew to take a test with all of my pregnancies (including one miscarriage).
#83 of 181 Old 07-07-2005, 09:42 PM

Very sore breasts. Which never happens to me, so I was wondering what was going on...then, suddenly, I realized that I was about 2 weeks late. (We'd had a scare about 8 months before and it turned out to be nothing, so I was ignoring the signs this time. Silly me!)
#84 of 181 Old 07-07-2005, 09:50 PM

The first time: late period & pregnancy test. The second: I thought I was pregnant as soon as I concieved. I said to my husband "you just got me pregnant". It was accident number two. I KNEW I was pregnant when I could smell the person sitting next to me in class like I was making out with him. Everyone smelled like dirty hair.. even if they were clean!

Angela Mamma to Courtney 5-8-03 & Shawn due in August.
#85 of 181 Old 07-07-2005, 09:58 PM

I had to go pee all the time. I couldn't imagine why this would have anything to do with being pregnant, because it weighed less than an ounce, but, boy, I had to pee sooooo often fromt he very beginning!!!
#86 of 181 Old 07-07-2005, 09:58 PM

NYE 2004...met a guy who wouldn't take "no" for an answer. I think I knew right away, and on 1/2 (no flames, please), did the morning-after pill. Didn't *consciously* think about it any more after that.

BUT...I
  • had wicked heartburn
  • craved milk, and I *rarely* bought milk before that
  • ate vitamin C chewables like there was no tomorrow
  • and felt a huge drive to get off antidepressants -- I spent a bundle at GNC on healthier alternatives within *days* of conception.

The best part? When I told my mother about my GNC purchases, I said that the gold standard was that I didn't want to put anything in my body that wouldn't be safe if I were pregnant. Uh, oops. I was!

The final answer was the | | on the test, of course, followed by lots of cursing and soul-searching. I can't imagine I ever considered *not* having my daughter now -- she's the best thing I've ever done, and obviously really wanted to get here!
#87 of 181 Old 07-07-2005, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
With my last two, I had pressure in my uterus. With a little bit of cramping.

#88 of 181 Old 07-07-2005, 11:32 PM

With ds, I got *really* sleepy on my evening drive to rehearsal. Before kids, I never got sleepy on that drive. I had a Coke at break (which I never do), then it hit me on the drive home "You didn't need caffeine! You need a pregnancy test!"

With dd, I had the queasies late one morning. I thought it was the prenatal vitamins on an empty stomach. I went to play a rehearsal/concert later that day, and teared up on all of the ballads. Then the next day, coffee tasted wrong and I knew.
#89 of 181 Old 07-08-2005, 12:03 AM

I chart and keep a journal of symptoms (or not on the not-pg cycles) so I tend to have inklings very early on. The fatigue, sore breasts, etc. can be PMS or pg for me but the unmistakeable pg symptom that I've had first is swollen lymph nodes.
#90 of 181 Old 07-08-2005, 12:29 AM

I was practicing yoga pretty heavy and when asked to do upward bow (where you lay on your stomache and hold your ankles with your hand behaind your back) and I just didn't want to do it - then the same a few minutes later when it was time to do my usual back bend... From then on I knew I was pregnant.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page