What was the VERY FIRST sign that you were pregnant? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 181 Old 07-21-2005, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mamas,

Well....it's possible that I am pregnant, and here are my symptoms, none of which are very common for me premenstrually:
[list][*]extreme fatigue in the early afternoon, so much so that I almost fall asleep driving)
  • coughing alot
  • hair feels greasy
  • cramping
  • lots of wet mucous, some of it creamy, but mostly just wet
  • full feeling
  • some nausea
  • major headache (rare for me)
    Just feel WEIRD

I am @ CD 34 today. My cycles range from 27-34 days long, the last 3 being longer. So it's possible that this is just unusually intense PMS. I have tested, negative 3 days ago and once yesterday - thought I had a faint line soon afterward, but then checked a couple minutes later and it was gone (ANYONE HAVE THIS HAPPEN AND IT WAS REALLY POSITIVE?). I think I will put off testing until Saturday morning if I don't get AF by then...by Saturday it will have been 35 days, definitely unprecedented for a cycle. But then, I'm 36, so maybe this is all premenopausal?

Anyway, my BF is long-distance, we each have kids (my son is 9.5 and his daughters are 8 and 11), and would love to have a baby together. The timing is a little crazy, since we are not able to live in the same place yet (he is in WV and I am in CA!). But I will take whatever comes of these symptoms, baby or just a rockin' flow, with gratitude.

It's so interesting to read about everyone's experiences! Thanks for sharing. I hope to be posting again soon. I'd love to hear if anyone was actually positive but had a faint line that quickly disappeared when they tested.

Laurie

Mama to DS (9.5)

Laurie wash.gif (44), wife to DH thumb.gif(60), mama to DS guitar.gif (18), DS reading.gif(6), DSD heartbeat.gif(15), and DD (4)jog.gif 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 181 Old 07-22-2005, 12:20 AM

All three times it was breast changes. This most recent pregnancy, my nipples were sore within a few days of conception.

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly
#123 of 181 Old 01-18-2007, 09:36 PM

implantation cramping--no spotting, just cramping like my menstrual period was coming, but it was six days early, which has NEVER happened to me before. And then I never did get my period...

thalia loves Jesus and DH wordyeight and DD#1 : 8/2007 and DD#2 9/2010
and remembering: little turtle 5/23/2006 and poppyseed 7/15/2009
#124 of 181 Old 01-18-2007, 09:45 PM

I dreamed that I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, but it took 5 days after before I got a positive test. I told dh that morning when I woke up from the dream that I was pregnant.
#125 of 181 Old 01-18-2007, 10:24 PM

burping
heartburn/indigestion
sore boobs
bouts of nausea
#126 of 181 Old 01-18-2007, 10:32 PM

Mine is an IVF pg so I knew it was a possibility but I had this CRAZY sympton from very early on. It's hard to describe, but I'll try. It felt like something was attached to the inside of my belly button. It was most noticeble at the end of going pee.. my belly would flop inside like I had just gone down a hill on a rollercoaster. It was extremely disconcertin.. ticklish but almost painful. Fortunately it didn't last but a few days!
#127 of 181 Old 01-18-2007, 10:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
At the time, I worked out of the home and pumped once during my work day. All of a sudden I could no longer feel my let down. I think it was about 8 days past O.
#128 of 181 Old 01-18-2007, 10:36 PM

exhaustion
#129 of 181 Old 01-18-2007, 10:42 PM

Waking up in the middle of the night craving water. I don't normally drink it so this was just weird.

Oh and after we dtd I went, "Oh crap! I think I'm o'ing. I'm pregnant".

Yeah, I was right.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#130 of 181 Old 01-18-2007, 10:54 PM

my morning tea tasted yucky!

Unschooling Mama to Asher (6) and Jasper (3) Crazy obsessed needle felter and maker of toys http://www.asherjasper.etsy.com
#131 of 181 Old 01-18-2007, 11:58 PM

I had tenderness/pain in lower back, like I had a kidney infection. Craved potatoes (ate them twice a day for two weeks and probably ate enough potato salad to feed a small kingdom), and couldn't stand meat. Boobs r-e-a-l-l-y hurt. The first symptom was the back pain, and one night when I crawled into bed, my husband just looked at me and said, "you're pregnant", and bought an early detection preg. test the next day. We were very surprised since we had been together for thriteen years and had never had a single accident, but the day we decided to start "trying", presto! we were pregnant!

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer"
#132 of 181 Old 01-19-2007, 12:17 AM

God spoke to me. Plain as day. In meditation, I was praying for patience (as I had been trying for almost a year) asking for distraction, as I was obsessing about it. As if somebody was standing in front of me, I heard a voice say "You're pregnant". It was a deep, yet soft voice. I opened my eyes and my legs were shaking...my heart was pounding out of my chest. I was actually in a "quiet room" at a spa. When I looked around, I was the only person in the room. It took me a minute to gain my composure. I took a HPT a couple of days later. I was so freaked out by the voice, that I was afraid to take the HPT any sooner. It was a lot to absorb. The test came back pos...and 8 months later I had my son, as I was about 4 weeks along when I found out.
This pregnancy, I thought it was a possibility...the moment the possibility popped in my head...the same voice I hear before said, "you're having a girl". According to the u/s, chinese calender and pendulum test...I'm having a girl!
I don't want to start a religious discussion, but I'm not crazy, and I'm not making this up!!!
#133 of 181 Old 01-19-2007, 12:19 AM

1st time around could not get into a deep sleep and I had this FUNKY smelling discharge. (I would get up in the middle of the night and shower it grossed me out so much.) Everything seemed to smell and taste different. I craved coffe-this was wierd since before this time the smell of coffe made me feel queazy. (I'm not as into it anymore, but it doesn't gross me out anymore. DD LOVES it.)

This time around, again, I can't get into a deep sleep. My nose and tastebuds seem fine this time. I've been eating a lot better since my first pregnancy so I wonder if this has helped. I'm also still nursing so maybe my hormones are just in a different place to start. And the dreams, dreams, dreams.

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

#134 of 181 Old 01-19-2007, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
God spoke to me. Plain as day. In meditation, I was praying for patience (as I had been trying for almost a year) asking for distraction, as I was obsessing about it. As if somebody was standing in front of me, I heard a voice say "You're pregnant". It was a deep, yet soft voice. I opened my eyes and my legs were shaking...my heart was pounding out of my chest. I was actually in a "quiet room" at a spa. When I looked around, I was the only person in the room. It took me a minute to gain my composure. I took a HPT a couple of days later. I was so freaked out by the voice, that I was afraid to take the HPT any sooner. It was a lot to absorb. The test came back pos...and 8 months later I had my son, as I was about 4 weeks along when I found out.
This pregnancy, I thought it was a possibility...the moment the possibility popped in my head...the same voice I hear before said, "you're having a girl". According to the u/s, chinese calender and pendulum test...I'm having a girl!
I don't want to start a religious discussion, but I'm not crazy, and I'm not making this up!!!
#135 of 181 Old 01-19-2007, 02:17 AM

Very VIVID dreams, cold all the time, tired, nauseous, icky poo, moody/emotional, extra cervical mucus, incredibly thirsty, sore breasts (milk started coming back), my husband telling me I'm pregnant (he could just tell), aversion to housework (ok, that's not so abnormal), aversion to cooking (that IS abnormal), aversion to certain foods, heartburn, stuff like that...mostly the first five things I listed...
#136 of 181 Old 01-19-2007, 02:21 AM

sore boobs... i think I went up a cup size in the first four weeks. (I was already a D!!!)
#137 of 181 Old 01-19-2007, 02:42 AM

My first sign was how my yoni felt during sex about 4 days after ovulation. It was like I had new nerve endings and could just feel everything, hypersensitive almost.

I was driving about a week after that, and suddenly I felt a cool rushing wind in my uterus. I had felt this same thing during pregnancy with my first child while I was being prayed over with the pastor's hand on my stomach, so the feeling was oddly familiar. I actually spoke the words " I think I just felt implantation!". That night I had spotting, and woke the following morning from a dream about being in active labor and had horrible implantation cramping all morning long.

Didnt need to take a test. But I did, about a week later.

Funny, I knew Felicity was there just about immediately, and then she ended up being a surprise UC. They are both fun stories to tell!
#138 of 181 Old 01-19-2007, 02:47 AM

Very sore boobs then feeling very warm and needing to pee far more than usual. In that order.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#139 of 181 Old 01-19-2007, 03:08 AM

wow!!! i had no clue and actually found out by accident! my friend thought she was preggers and wanted me to take the test with her for suppourt and funnyly enough i was the one who was preggers! 20/20 hindsight i had 3 days of implantation bleeding but i thought that was a light period.... to frenchie i the powers that be were that nice to me!
#140 of 181 Old 01-19-2007, 04:02 AM

Quote:
t felt like something was attached to the inside of my belly button. It was most noticeble at the end of going pee.. my belly would flop inside like I had just gone down a hill on a rollercoaster. It was extremely disconcertin.. ticklish but almost painful. Fortunately it didn't last but a few days!
I get this every once in awhile and have since probably junior high or high school. It feels funny if I lean back and stretch afterwards in an unpleasant, crampy/stretchy way.
#141 of 181 Old 01-19-2007, 10:03 AM

Different everytime for me too, this time though. There was no way i could be pregnant, ( in my mind) but the round ligament pains,extreme hunger,moodiness and nauseasness, all made since after I POAS.
#142 of 181 Old 01-19-2007, 01:34 PM

With this one I realized that all of a sudden I had to get up about 5x a night to pee. Then my workouts sudddenly started to suck and I knew.

With Wendy I knew when I got up one morning and didn't want coffee.

With dd#1 I don't remember, I think I only suspected the first day my period was late.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#143 of 181 Old 01-19-2007, 03:04 PM

#1 - Extremely soar boobs! & Fatigue
#2 - Constipation (for the first time in my whole life).
#3 - naseau, and missed period about the same day...
#144 of 181 Old 01-19-2007, 08:16 PM

My first symptoms were (before I even knew about my BFP!)

1) Insomnia - up every morning, hanging around the internet, by 4am
2) Sore & big boobies!
3)AF-like cramps, pretty constant. I usually get them with AF, but not until AFTER AF starts, and not for days like that.

The reality is that I only took a pregnancy test b/c my DH kept on me about it. He says he knew I was prego. b/c of my bb's, and he still thinks it is funny that he *knew* I was prego. even before I did.
#145 of 181 Old 01-19-2007, 09:51 PM

I was always so irregular so I had no clue I was pregnant, even though we were TTC. At about what I guess would be 6 weeks I started to bulge out of my bras. I didn't even think that pregnany was an option until I was trying on dresses with my mom and she couldn't get is zipped. She just looked at me and said "I can't believe you're pregnant and didn't tell me!". Everyone in the dress shop started to congragulate me. Needless to say we drove at quite a speed to get home and take a test.
#146 of 181 Old 01-20-2007, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
ditto whoever said incessant burping. It finally has gone away mostly, but by a couple weeks ago, I was SO SICK of burping all the time!!!
tons of burping, also breast tenderness.

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
#147 of 181 Old 01-20-2007, 01:49 AM

A hotflash.: That was it. I didn't have any symptoms.:fireman

Lindsey: wife to Noah, Mom to Ethan 5 and Jonathan 2,  Baby Boy #3 due May 2012, 7 angels

#148 of 181 Old 01-20-2007, 03:44 AM

Positive pregnancy test dreams, even though we weren't trying to conceive and only had sex ONE time that cycle

Pretty peculiar indeed since we had tried for a YEAR in the past and nothing ever happened.

Alia + Brian proud parents to Rowan (9/8/04) Lila (9/3/07) and Rhys (6/11/10)
#149 of 181 Old 01-20-2007, 10:10 AM

1./ Extreme fatigue.

4 DPO I started having 2 hour naps everyday and still felt exhausted. I got quite down in the dumps because I thought I was turning into a lazy lump!

2./ Lack of PMS. I didn't start feeling depressed like I usually do shortly after I ovulate.

Me: Shannon (33) mom to DD Everly born May 9, 2007 and Maisie born May 26
: : :
#150 of 181 Old 01-20-2007, 11:26 AM

acne!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page