The Nursery - post your pictures or describe it - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 65 Old 10-14-2005, 09:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
for the playroom we have changed gears. we have this retro yellow chandelier thing with big flowers around it that the centers are yellow and orange. plus we were giving my FIL old yellow plaid sofa that has a sleeper bed in it. So we have decided that we should do a beatles yellow submarine playroom as Jewely really like submarines.

when this will actually be completed I am not quite sure (if ever)

I'd really like to paint a giant yellow submarine on the wall. i just have to find someone talented enought o paint that.

mrs.moe i like your room. it is warm and it looks just like a nursery in a magazine.

erin i think both rooms sound beautiful.

jayayenay i think the lamp is awesome

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#62 of 65 Old 10-14-2005, 04:30 PM

No nursery here either. We recycled an old dresser, with new light blue paint for a changing station/clothing storage. We are borrowing a bassinet to go next to bed, and getting a rocker from my mom. This stuff will all go in our room. We are just playing it by ear. If we do decide to get a crib down the road, it will probably be in our room.
My mom keeps asking about doing this and that in the nursery, but I keep telling her there won't be one. She says things like, well not now, but you will want one soon. I don't really want my baby sleeping alone for one, and I just can't imagine walking all the way to the other end of the house to breastfeed in the middle of the night!

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#63 of 65 Old 10-14-2005, 04:46 PM

I had my baby (yay!) on Labor day, but my nursery isn't done yet. That's fine, since it's just baby storage anyway, but I asked DH to have it done as my Christmas present. So it'll be awhile before you get pics of mine...
#64 of 65 Old 10-15-2005, 04:06 AM

Dont be frightened by all the pink! LOL HAHAHA This is actually not a real room, it's the retreat off of my bedroom (for some reason all these houses have little rooms with extra wide walkway off of the master bedrooms). When she gets older we will just turn it into a real room with a door. LOL She'll sleep with us at night anyways but for naps, I need the crib as I have a hyper 3 y/o son and 2 dogs. LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...sroomdone2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...esroomdone.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...sroomdone3.jpg (you can see here how it goes into my room)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...oomcribset.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...sroomdone4.jpg

We still need to get new sheers as those ones were labeled wrong and are too short and we need to add handles to the armoire/wardrobe thingy. Oh and I have a hamper coming. LOL

Desiree

#65 of 65 Old 10-15-2005, 02:22 PM

Our new one will have an enchanted forest type theme! I've got fairies hanging from the window as a valance, homemade cloth butterflies hanging from the ceiling, I'm stenciling shadows of mythical creatures as a ceiling border, and we're making a make shift tree with x-mas lights shining through. As she gets older we found a great old trunk we're refinishing for dress up outfits and old halloween costumes for all the kids. It's all quite an ordeal but after two boys I'm overly excited about a girly fantasy room . She's also going to be sleeping with us for the first few months, but I think it will be a great rom to play in!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page