Am considering a scheduled c-section - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 36 Old 03-02-2003, 02:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am only responding to the concept of waiting for labort to commense before c-section. I think it is a supurb idea, but you have to deal with the doc and think of these questions, Do you have any reason to suspect a percipitus (very fast) labor? Do you have any reason to think you may not notice you are in labor? how close are you to the hospital?

Early discharge, make absolutely positively sure that this is cool with the Pedis who will be discharging baby!!! Otherwise you could have a big headach when you are discharged and your healthy baby isn't! This holds true no matter how the baby joins the world!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 36 Old 03-02-2003, 09:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by jayasun

VBAC is safer than ERCS. Vaginal birth, even VBAC is not dangerous. Yes, birth is only as safe as life gets. If you are worried about your baby, than make the safest choice for that baby. Plan a vaginal birth. It is safer for mom, and safer for baby than elective surgery.

Unless you have had a classical c-birth......I think we can be suppotive of educated ladies making whatever decision THEY feel best about. If the fear of rupture is so overpowering and they impede their own labor due to stress, and their intire pg is filled with fear, would not a calm happy c-birth be a better choice for that particular mom?

Til you walk a mile in her shoes....I always say.

Many people judge me on my decisions. I have bottle fed 3 babies, and c-birthed all of them. GASP! I should have my Mothering Club Card revoked! LOL! But NO ONE has had to make the life and death decisions that I have made for my little guys. I'm a DAMN good mama, c-births and all.
#33 of 36 Old 03-02-2003, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Again, many thanks to everyone for their input--as I've gotten lots of information about just one of the options I have available to me, I hope no one feels the need to debate any of these issues further.

I appreciate everyone's help--that's all I needed!
#34 of 36 Old 03-02-2003, 10:22 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hello, I guess I must first say that I am pro VBAC and Pro natural birth, but I could be the extremist the other way I am planning a UC and could never be as bold as to have a c-sec especially scheduled unless my baby was in danger. But, I respect that you are educating yourself on all options. The thing I see most often in a scheduled c-sec is that women are not educated and that they have fear of birth: I don't think that most women that have scheduled c-sec see it as a major surgery that has many risk. I respect an educated decision and it seems like you are doing that. The truth is no matter what anyone thinks it is your choice and like me you have to live with the outcome good or bad. I wish you much luck in TTC and in your birth what ever you choose.

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
#35 of 36 Old 03-03-2003, 09:37 AM

I don't see this as a debate thread but as a support thread.

We invited the Mama's who have had C-sections or are planning to, to the I'm Pregnant forum so they could recieve the support they deserve. They are caring, loving Mama's who have come to their decision after careful thought, and after educating themselves on the subject. If they have decided that a C-section is what is safe and best for their baby , then I suggest we offer support and advice on how they can have the best CS birth possible.

Please save the debate for another thread.

Thank you!
#36 of 36 Old 03-04-2003, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. peggy .

If anyone is interested, I've started a cesarean support thread over in Finding Your Tribe:

http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...threadid=45554

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page