Showing at 10 weeks! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-21-2005, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, they said you 'show' earlier with the second baby but holy cow!!

I didn't show at ALL with DD #1 until almost 5 months! Now I am at 10 weeks and I definately have a 'shape' and my pants are tight!!!

I know they say it is normal but I am worried I am going to be HUGE! Does it also mean you are going to be bigger 2nd time around??
#2 of 12 Old 08-22-2005, 12:05 AM

Yup, I showed at ten weeks with my first. Now I'm almost 7 weeks, and waiting for the bulge to begin. I'm pretty plump anyway. In fact a a month or 2 before I got pregnant with Ben, I wore a new dress to work and one of my clietns asked me when i was due. I swore I'd never wear that dress again! I was in maternity pants at 10 weeks.

Infortunately, I put on a few extra pounds recently, so now my clothes are already fitting tightly. I hope I don;t get bigger faster this time.

With ben I found that I grew in spurts. At 10 weeks I started showing, then I stayed there till about 4 months, then stayed that size till 6 months, then stayed there till 8 months, then got really big just at the end. I moved from Japan to Nevada when I was 7 1/2 months, and though I felt huge, a friend I met when I got there told me that she didn't know I was pregnant till I told her later.
#3 of 12 Old 08-22-2005, 01:40 AM

I definitely was showing quite a lot more with my second baby. I was into maternity stuff by 12 weeks. I feel like I was ahead until about 20 weeks, then things leveled out.
#4 of 12 Old 08-22-2005, 09:17 AM

I popped out really early too with #2...definitely had a belly by 10 weeks...but I am ending up being smaller than I was with dd at the end. It's not necessarily a sign of things to come, just that your body remembers what to do.
#5 of 12 Old 08-22-2005, 05:39 PM

same here. I was really freaked out that i showed so early with this one. By 12 weeks, I was in maternity clothes. Now, I'm 22 weeks and have gained 6 pounds total and am perfectly average "showing-ness". I think after the first pregnancy, your body is just more able and ready to relax those ligaments and what not so it feels like you are showing more.
#6 of 12 Old 08-22-2005, 07:38 PM

I showed quicker the 2nd time also and bought some adjustable maternity pants to make myself comfy. Your body just remembers and seems to stretch quicker. I ended up gaining the same amount of weight each time.
#7 of 12 Old 08-22-2005, 08:53 PM

many of my friends started showing immediately and were in maternity close in their 1st trimester.. they didnt necessarily get any larger than they did with baby #1.
#8 of 12 Old 08-22-2005, 09:33 PM

Yup, I showed earlier but here at 39.5 weeks am not appreciably bigger than I was with DD -- though I did grow out of most of my maternity clothes this time (I had opposite season pregnancies so can't compare there...)
#9 of 12 Old 08-24-2005, 05:38 PM

I was showing before I knew I was pregnant with my first, and with this one I followed a similar route but ended up being pretty small until I was around 17 weeks or so and suddenly fell out. I also didn't feel movement until then with this baby, and with my first I'd felt it at 11 weeks!

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#10 of 12 Old 08-24-2005, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleteapot
I also didn't feel movement until then with this baby, and with my first I'd felt it at 11 weeks!
Speaking of movement.......I swear I have been feeling this baby for 2 weeks now, which would have been like 9 weeks. Everything I read says that is impossible, yet every single night when I lay down to bed I feel the little 'bubbles' in the exact same spot. DD was the same way, always the same spot at night. I doubt I have gas bubbles there every night.
#11 of 12 Old 08-25-2005, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allismom
Speaking of movement.......I swear I have been feeling this baby for 2 weeks now, which would have been like 9 weeks. Everything I read says that is impossible, yet every single night when I lay down to bed I feel the little 'bubbles' in the exact same spot. DD was the same way, always the same spot at night. I doubt I have gas bubbles there every night.
Sounds like movement to me.
My midwife had told me that very thin and/or exceptionally sensitive women tend to feel it earlier. Plus, placenta position can help too.
With my daughter I was feeling stuff at 10 weeks but didn't feel it was actual movement until 11 or so. By 14 weeks I was feeling stuff daily, and by this point you could see it from the outside!
With this baby it's been SO different... I went so long without feeling movement that I actually thought I'd had a missed miscarriage. Now I'm starting to feel it on a daily basis, but it's NOTHING like it was with my daughter.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#12 of 12 Old 08-25-2005, 05:58 PM

I've read that you can feel "quickening" in the early months, but real movement later. I friend said that it felt "like fish". She was quite thin (and still running every morning, I think). My chunkier friend and I seem to have missed the quickening.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page