A little worried - need opinions please! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 8 Old 08-30-2005, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a little over 9 weeks pg with my third. I have had little problems so far - just slight nausea and fatigue - all completely normal.

But this week (actually yesterday) I started feeling something like what I remember contractions feeling like. I know my uterus is really tiny yet - and these "contractions" are very low - and when I am not feeling them, there is a lot of pressure in that general area.

I keep telling myself it is probably gas pains or something. And I do have a slightly fallen bladder - which may be putting pressure on my uterus differently this time (It fell after pushing out my last child - my midwife noticed it at my 6 week pp visit).

But I keep worrying that maybe they are contractions and that I should see my midwife. I have my first prenatal visit next week - and I would hate to go in for an "emergency" visit just to have her tell me I have gas pains. But I never felt this with other pregnancies?

I did check my cervix and it does feel a little softer and more open - but the last time I checked it was weeks ago - so that change may be normal.

What would you do? I am not having any spotting - just lots and lots of creamy or eggwhite CM. This doesn't feel like AF cramps at all - just the pressue/tightening I'd associate with contractions.

Could this just be Braxton Hicks and I am just sensitive to them seeing as this is my 3rd?

I'd love some sage advice - I don't want to be a worrywort mommy - but I'd hate to have a real issue and then say "if only I had that checked out last week." KWIM? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 08-30-2005, 10:39 PM

This is my 3rd as well and I remember feeling that in the late first trimester. I've had Braxton Hicks contrax like crazy this whole pregnancy. I'm 38 weeks now, so I made it! LOL! Oh, I nuresed through this whole pregnancy and I thought that might have had a lot to do w/ it. Are you still nursing?
#3 of 8 Old 08-30-2005, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply Wendy.

Not still nursing - DS weaned a few weeks before I got pg - so everything pretty much dired up already.

I just took a stool softener - realized I didn't poop today - so I'll see how that works on my system.

But I may call the midwife just to have things checked out. I was at work tonight and one of my co-workers asked to feel my belly - and then said "And how far along are you?" She thinks I look huge for 9 weeks - and I am complaning of contraction-like cramps - so maybe better safe than sorry.

But maybe this is just totally normal and I am totally paradoid. I haven't had any real contact with my midwife for this baby yet - so maybe I am jumpier than normal.

And congrats to you for 38 weeks! Your big day will be here soon!

#4 of 8 Old 08-31-2005, 12:24 AM

I am 9w5d with my third and for the last few days I have been feeling what I think feel like BH contractions. For me, they are not really crampy, just a tightening. It has been making me nervous as well. I did have *alot* of BH my whole pg with #2 from about 13wks on. I was considering calling my midwife too, but like you, I have not really had a "real" appointment yet so I hate to call and ask paranoid questions. It sure is nice to know I am not alone in my paranoia.
#5 of 8 Old 08-31-2005, 02:09 AM

I felt BH early on with this one too! At least, I'm sure that's what it was, because it gave me all the same feelings BH gave me last time, and that BH give me now.

I think it's normal. If you're worried, you can call and ask for an ultrasound, and tell them you are unsure of your dates and are feeling BH already. But I think it's normal. Your body just knows what to do this time.

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#6 of 8 Old 08-31-2005, 02:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had very early contractions too/crampy feelings, and blood; and I know it's apparently very common to look much further along with each pregnancy than last time.

I'm not sure how much it helps you, but there isn't a whole lot the MW could do to prevent a miscarriage at this point. But I'm also fairly matter of fact about miscarriage (it was a not-so-fun feature of life in my home, growing up). It is sad, but nothing you can fix as of now, so maybe better to take a relaxing bath and try not to worry? Yeah, easy for ME to say, but still - you could get an ultrasound yet still miscarry a day later. Maybe your body is just ramping up for the big day...jest a few months early. Do some nice self-talk about your strong, pregnant body carrying a new life?
#7 of 8 Old 08-31-2005, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

UPDATE -

I called my midwife this morning and I am going for an u/s tomorrow morning to get a better idea of what may be going on. I am a bit nervous and scared now. I'll update how everything goes tomorrow.
#8 of 8 Old 08-31-2005, 12:55 PM

I hope all is well. I'll be thinking of you.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page