Pregnant before period returns? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-06-2005, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone who got pregnant before your period came back? What made you know? When did you decide to test? How far along were you?
#2 of 4 Old 09-06-2005, 10:18 PM

I did. My daughter Cicely was born before my first postpartum period. My DH and I were trying for another baby... well as much as you can without a cycle! :LOL And, I told everyone that we were going to go on a long relaxing vacation and when I came back I'd be pregnant. Turned out when we left I was pregnant, but on vacation I had a voracious appetite and when we came home I KNEW our housesitters had made fish... of course that was 6 days earlier that they had it. I tested our first night home and saw the positive. My DH did NOT believe me! :LOL

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#3 of 4 Old 09-06-2005, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry that first post was very quick and lacking . . . well much of anything. My youngest is just 10 months; my period has not returned. I can't tell if I am just run down and exhausted and imagining things or if I might actually be pregnant. I am unusually tired, had a few whoozy spells and have had cramping on and off for about 3 weeks. At first I thought the cramping meant my period was starting (and still might be) and I do get tired when my period is coming. But as the weeks are going by I'm starting to wonder. I was really nauseaus yesterday. then I'm afraid I'm imagining it all. I'm seriously panicking - I have three small children I still find overwhelming, we're trying to start our own business and rapidly running out of money, and this would be 4 kids in about 5 years.

So I'm being a total coward : I don't want to take a test. I tried to mention how I feel physically to my usually totally supportive husband who said "that's not even funny". Plus all my close friends are across country and have been dealing with fertility issue - I would hate to whine about the possibility of being pregnant when that is their dream. I am currently surrounded by a great group of women but I don't know them that well (having just moved) to dump my total freak out on them.

So could an impending period feel like early pregnancy? Could chasing three kids all day leave you exhausted (feel free to laugh)? Think of anything that could be going around and leave me tired, whoozy and nauseaus? (Where is the fingers crossed smiley)
#4 of 4 Old 09-07-2005, 10:20 AM

Ahhh, Karen, now that's more of a post! :LOL I see where you're coming from now!

First of all, you are doing a lot!!!

Secondly, YES, period approaching and pregnancy signs can be very similar. In fact, I THOUGHT I was pregnant every month while TTC Cicely except for the month that I really was. My big hunger and smell were just minor compared to what I felt BEFORE I got pregnant. When the body gears up for fertility after pregnancy, it really comes on like pregnancy signs for me and I know for a lot of other people. Cramping, odd cervical mucus, nausea, exhaustion are all par for the course.

Now, that said, it's best to go take a test so you konw for sure. No use wasting your energy worrying over something that isn't. And, of course, if you had unprotected sex, there is a possibility that you are pregnant. Not a huge possibility, but one nonetheless. So, just put your mind and ease and find out one way or another.

Remember, if you are or aren't pregnant, it is for the highest good.

Spark and her four firecrackers.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page