Aug/Sept mamas - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 153 Old 01-06-2003, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey all I am back from the long train trip. I am still nursing too and have been working on a counting thing which a friend of mine taught me. I will say to my 21 month old yes for three and I count real real slow and sometimes he gets off and smiles at me before I even say three. He is so cute and I tell him he can have a bit more.

Anyway as I have said before I understand the fear of m/c too. It is hard to be happy and scared at the same time but I think it is also normal. Today I feel happy.
#62 of 153 Old 01-06-2003, 06:23 PM

Hi! I just saw this post. I am due 9/10 with #4. It is great to see a bunch of ppl that are due the same time and are going through the same things.
#63 of 153 Old 01-07-2003, 02:13 PM

I had my first Dr. visit yesterday and it was great! We were able to hear the heartbeat - which was a real surprise. The Dr. thinks we may have miscalculated my due date by as much as 3 weeks. I thought I was only 9 weeks but after his exam he said probably more like 12. The good news is that maybe that means m/s is almost over!
#64 of 153 Old 01-07-2003, 09:37 PM

That's great laurag....
I go for my dr's appt tomorrow...
Not to sure od my actual due date...I could be in the same boat as you...my m/s is pretty much gone....so good luck to you!!!

It's awesome there are so many of you guys here...especially those having #2 and nursing #1 still....its nice to share what I'm going through and know you know where I'm comin from kwim??

Take care,
Jen
#65 of 153 Old 01-08-2003, 12:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think I had my first little wave of sickness tonight! (Is it totally nuts to be halfway happy about it?!) I was putting on some hand lotion, a nice vanilla one... and for some reason, with the intenisfied sniffer it smelt like snot. Ewwww! Made my stomach roll! I just graduated to week 4 now, so I'm really obsessing about symptoms! :LOL

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#66 of 153 Old 01-08-2003, 12:25 AM

That is so funny! That is what one of first revulsions was with my first pregnancy. Vanilla lotion. Eww. You might as well give it away now, because it will never smell good again.
#67 of 153 Old 01-08-2003, 01:24 AM

Joy oh joy! Like the vanilla smell is gonna drive me nuts *forever* or just until the baby arrives? I love vanilla scents.. have a good vanilla perfume (it isn't making me sick yet) and used to love my lotion. I hope hope hope its a temporary thing (which I'd think it most likely is...)... Whats next, is my incense gonna make me sick? Waaaaaa!

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#68 of 153 Old 01-08-2003, 01:40 AM

Naw, just the lotion drove me nuts. I actually kept it until after son was born, then gave it away. It's kind of like avoiding foods you really love when you have ms, if you eat them when you feel lousy, it takes a long time to get the love back. It will be a long time before I can enjoy mac'n'cheese or purple cabbage again. I ruined them during a rough nausea period. I'm sure I'll get the hankering again in a few months though. There's nothing like the third trimester snarf-fest. I was such a sow
#69 of 153 Old 01-08-2003, 01:58 AM

yipee.. my morning sickness has begun too, i thinks. unless i have some kind of bug. haven't puked yet, but have felt waves of nausea all day (luckymomma, your post inspired a nice big'un!).. luckily, with my first pregnancy, i only puked once. and that's cuz i pigged out on chips and pop, and hadn't had any in months.. that's the nice thing about m/s tho; crappy foods *really* make you feel like crap.
#70 of 153 Old 01-08-2003, 02:01 AM

Thanks Luckymomma! At least my cucumber melon lotion smells delicous still (even better than it used to!)...

The vanilla has been smelling a bit funny for a couple of days, but it wasn't strong, and until today was in the bedroom (used infrequently) until I replaced it with the one in the living room I went thru.... But yik! Just looking at the bottle makes me feel queasy now! :LOL That lotion needs a new home now!

#71 of 153 Old 01-08-2003, 12:56 PM

usually pure citrus smells are okay. i would avoid the synthetics cuz they can be overpowering.

i don't think i can eat purple cabbage and mac n cheese after reading your post. LOL
#72 of 153 Old 01-08-2003, 12:57 PM

I haven't been able to wear any scented lotion, either, and now brushing my teeth is becoming something I dread -- my gag reflex is so strong now, the toothbrush going in just makes me want to hurl, yuck!

My nausea has really picked up strength this week; I have it all day and have come close to "spewing," as my husband so delicately puts it. I only did so once with DS, I think thanks to the techniques I taught myself as a kid sailing and getting seasick all the time; I learned some pretty good mind-over-matter techniques in dealing with nausea. But I don't know, I'm barely hanging on right now, and I'm only 6.5 weeks along!

At first I was thankful to be feeling the m/s, after having a miscarriage last fall, but ugh oh ugh I'm getting miserable with it now. I forgot how it colors my whole approach to the world; how you wonder if you'll ever like food again and the days crawl by. Still, when I can think clearly I still feel thankful to be feeling it -- I just look forward to the next stage!

Hope everybody else is doing well!

darcy
#73 of 153 Old 01-08-2003, 01:05 PM

I also puked twice when brushing my teeth pregnant with Charlie. And once when I coughed so much I puked. YUCK!! I felt so nauseaus the whole time that I lost 20 pounds the first 20 weeks.

I really do not have much m/s this time or boob soreness. I do feel yuck after my prenatal though. God I hate those!! I have been worried that I have not had many symptoms other than being very tired and irritable cuz of my m/c before Charlie. I am a bit worried that I will gain a ton of weight as I am not having m/s so far.

But I did have the vaginal ultrasound a few weeks ago and all was well. My next visit is Monday. I am feeling quite hopeful about his pregnancy.

Take care all.
#74 of 153 Old 01-08-2003, 07:16 PM

Hey all...

Just got back from town!
My appt was really great.....I'm lucky to have a great dr!!
First we laughed at the fact I was preggo...she said I'm her first patient to come back for #2 (don't worry not a bad thing...they just moved here when I was pg for #1)...so that is cool!
Going by my last cycle she said I could be 17 weeks...I told her I didn't think so, and feeling for my uterus (sp?) she said that she doubted that I was too small still, she could hardly feel it...(makes me wonder why my clothes don't fit....: )....so she got out the dobbler and said that you can sometimes hear it at 10, usually definately by 12...well as soon as she set it down on my tummy...there the heart beat was!!!! How cool!!!! ....loud, strong, 160 bbm....she said well your atleast 12 I would guess...
She asked if she could do an internal to see how big my uterus felt, so I said sure...but she said by doing that she figured only like 10 weeks...so I go for a dating ultrasound on the 23rd....I can't wait! I mean I know I"m atleast 10 weeks...but could be 12-13 weeks....wow!!!

I am also excited because I told her I wanted to do it naturally this time...I had a section last time after 24 hours of labour and about 20 at 6 cm....she said that she had a VBAC with her last one too (her last was born 2 weeks before my dd)....so that is so nice to have a dr that knows where I'm coming from! ....We talked about the importance to me and the challenges of a VBAC, and the bladder issues after having one naturally....lol....

Sorry to ramble! I'm just so excited!!! So if I'm 10 weeks, that puts my due date at Aug 8....the day before dd#1 due date.... ..

I asked about finding out the sex again, but she said she was sorry that it was policy not to tell!! That sucks....but oh well...I guess we'll just have to watch the old wives tales!

Looks like m/s is pretty much gone too....I hope you all feel better soon too!!!!

Talk soon,
Jen
#75 of 153 Old 01-08-2003, 08:45 PM
kel

One way a lot of people use for guessing if their baby is a girl or boy is by the heart rate. Most doctors and midwives will tell you it's not a valid method! , but it's been right for almost everyone I know! Anyway, if the baby's heart rate is consistently at the lower end (120-140) then it's probably a boy, if it's consistently at the higher end (145-160) it's probably a girl. It was right with all 3 of my kids (2 boys and a girl)!

Good luck -
Kelly

Handmade dress shop owner and mama of five - our littlest just born in December! ♥

#76 of 153 Old 01-09-2003, 03:15 PM

We can't decide if we want to try to find out the sex or not this time. With dd we chose to be surprised and it was great. Of course we did all the tricks, the needle test, the heart-rate thing, the chinese calendar and they all said boy. Then along came our bouncing baby girl! But it was really cool to not know - it gave me something to be excited about during the last weeks when I was feeling pretty un-enthused about being pregnant!

This time, we think it might be easier to explain what is going to happen to dd if we know the sex. Then we can tell her about her baby brother or sister and call him or her by name. I think that might help prepare her better.

Also, and I know this is silly, but they will be sharing a room and I would like to know if I need to add a little masculine touch to the current decor. I certainly don't plan on having time to decorate after baby's arrival!
#77 of 153 Old 01-09-2003, 03:24 PM

I think everything you say makes perfect sense. Besides, you might not be able to find out, even if you want to. I knew the first time, but this time, I'm not finding out. I'm going for a vbac, so I figure, when things seem their toughest, I'll still have 'one more present under the Christmas tree'. I figure my 3 year old could care less if the baby is a he or she, to him, 'baby' is good enough, until it has toys he can borrow.
#78 of 153 Old 01-09-2003, 04:22 PM

Hi! I just posted on the Pleased to Meet You! board and I wanted to introduce myself here too. My name's Jessica, I'm 23, and I just got engaged to my high school sweetheart, Jerry (24). I'm a new SAHM to our 2 ds, Dylan 6 yrs. & Logan 2 1/2 yrs. I talked him into having one more little one, and the month I went off bcp we got pg. This little bundle of joy is due Aug. 8th and we are so hoping for a girl, but expecting a boy. Since this is our last one, I want to wait and be surprised, but I'm not sure if he'll want to wait that long. I'm looking forward to spending the months trading stories, questions, advice, complaints, support and all the fun pg quirks with all of you. I hope everyone has a wonderful, healthy pg.
#79 of 153 Old 01-10-2003, 03:04 PM

Your right Kelly...dd#1 heart rate was always above 150...and all the other wives tales turned out to be true...but I know people that it was wrong with too...so what can you do.

Laurag - Your reasoning about it being easier to explain is the main reason I want to find out...I think it would be nice for Evelyn to know if she's having a bro or sis...but then again baby seems to work good too....she is only 17 months ...she already kisses and pats my belly and lays her head down so gently....lol...

Congrats and welcome Jessica....looks like we may share a due date....

Talk soon,Jen
#80 of 153 Old 01-10-2003, 10:33 PM

Anyone else having sharp breast pains? I'm still nursing ds and have been dealing with the nipple soreness, but I've noticed a sharp pain coming from deep inside my left breast. Anyone else have the same type of thing? It's weird. I've experienced it before I was pg, but not as often. Other than that, I feel great! At 6 1/2 weeks I'm still waiting for the m/s to hit.
#81 of 153 Old 01-10-2003, 10:44 PM

Grantsmommy, are you sure it isn't thrush? The sharp pains are on e of the symptoms. Especially if you were having it before you were pg. I would talk to an LC or LLLLeader in your area.

Welcome Jessica!
#82 of 153 Old 01-10-2003, 10:55 PM

I feel it even when I'm not nursing. It woke me up last night! Does that still sound like thrush? I've nursed for 30 mths and I've never experienced it.
#83 of 153 Old 01-11-2003, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

I'm getting really anxious to see my midwife now!! I can't see her until the last week of January, because I'm out of town till then. Though I'm seriously questioning my date, my belly seems big for 9 wks....
My last period was weird to, it started on cd27, then stopped that day, then came back cd30 for two days...so maybe it was actually implantation rather than AF? I don't know, pretty confused...that would make me 14 wks rather than nine...
Aw, the confusion!!!!!

Mamasoleil :
#84 of 153 Old 01-11-2003, 06:33 PM

Grantsmummy,
I am about 6 weeks pregnant and nursing my 15.5 month old son. For the past two weeks I have also been experiencing the odd sharp pain deep inside my breasts. Most of the time I just have painful nipples when he is nursing. I have been thinking it is just normal.... if you find out that it is a problem, please post.

Like you I don't have ms so far. Last time it was hellish, so I am really hoping and praying that I don't get it this time.

Emma
#85 of 153 Old 01-11-2003, 06:56 PM

I checked my journal from ds and saw that I didn't have m/s until about 8 weeks. My midwife said that's pretty normal. Also, mine wasn't severe. I have had 2 or 3 very minor waves of nausea, but they come and go so quickly!

I'm glad you've experienced the same thing withn the breast pain, Emma. I'm going to chalk it up to ebf/pg symptoms until I go for my first midwife visit after 13 weeks.
#86 of 153 Old 01-11-2003, 11:07 PM

Hi everyone! I've been afraid to write here since my last pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage, but things seem to be going well, so I thought I'd share some of my joy with the rest of you August/September Mamas. Mamasoleil, I remember you from the TTC threads. Looks like you and I might have similar due dates?! Unless you find out that you're 14 weeks along. Let us know.
I had a sonogram at 6 weeks, 6 days and we saw the heartbeat, which was such a HUGE relief. Last year when I was pregnant, we never saw a heartbeat. I have another sonogram in about 10 days. If we see the heartbeat again there, I will really begin to feel more secure about everything. This will be my second child and my stomach is already changing and getting rounder. I had nausea for about 25 days straight and incredible fatigue, but now I'm starting to get my energy back. I'll be 10 weeks along on Tuesday!
Big hugs to all of you pregnant Mamas!
#87 of 153 Old 01-12-2003, 12:47 AM

Mamasoleil, glad your back. I saw my MW last saturday and told her how huge I feel. Like she couldn't see it, duh.: Anyway, when she felt my belly she said everything seems normal. I may be a bit big, but nothing to cause question or concern. I go back on the 25th so we'll see if anything has changed. I had scheduled the US for last Tuesday but then cancelled it. I just didn't feel right about doing an unecessary US. If my MW see a need for it, they will let me know. If not, I'll just have one done at 20 weeks.
#88 of 153 Old 01-13-2003, 02:16 PM

Well, I wasn't really trying but here I am. Dh and I are excited about having #3
Almost 5 weeks. Due on Sept 18th.
#89 of 153 Old 01-13-2003, 04:53 PM

Hi everyone
I posted on this thread the other day, but I thought I would introduce myself. I have a 16 month old ds who still nurses like a little champ. I haven't had a postpartum period and had been anxiously waiting for AF to visit. We found out last Tuesday that we are pregnant again!!! I just keep beaming. When I was pregnant with Mac, ds, I was very sick so I am hoping it won't happen this time. Nursing has become quite painful and I do want to wean him before I have baby. I know that many women can successfully tandem nurse, but I know myself, I would go crazy. The problem is that I love the bond I have with my son and I am scared that I will lose it if I stop nursing him.

Because I never had a lmp, I am not exactly sure when I am due. I did a test over Christmas and it was negative. If my test was positive on the 7, about how many weeks am I? I did a clearblue test and it showed positive in about 2 seconds!!! I have since done another two tests and they went positive immediately. What I have been thinking is that a test only shows positive when you are about 2 wks post conception (so four weeks along) - so would that make me about 5 weeks or could I be a bit further along? For those of you who know when you concieved, how long did it take for the test to show you are pregnant? Also, if you are now 6 wks, when did you get a positive test?

Thanks everyone! I love reading everyone's messages.

Hugs to all,
Emma

I would really love any thought.
#90 of 153 Old 01-13-2003, 04:57 PM

Quote:
For those of you who know when you concieved, how long did it take for the test to show you are pregnant?
I used a clear blue easy as well and know we concived christmas day. I got a positive on the 2nd of Jan. So that would have made me 9 dpo when I found out.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page