Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1st time mom, thinking of you loads.
#123 of 153 Old 01-15-2003, 08:58 PM

1st Time, I wish you all the luck in the world! I'm thinking of you and hoping all is well, and that you're able to take it really easy the next couple of days. Rest, drink lots of water, meditate -- whatever it is that brings you calm and strength!

On the question of yeast infections: ugh, I've had one for weeks now, I hate it. My midwife said it was OK to use Monistat or another over-the-counter medicine, but I'm just too nervous to do that this early on. I was hoping she'd say she thought it was OK to use boric acid tablets, which have really been the only thing that knocks those infections out for me, but no luck; she recommended not using them during pregnancy, despite their effectiveness (and cheapness!). She did say taking Grapefruit seed extract was probably OK, and that has helped in the past, but now I'm too gaggy to take it, it's so bitter, etc.

Hope everyone's doing well, and 1st Time in particular!

darcy
#124 of 153 Old 01-15-2003, 11:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
1st Time I'm thinking positive thoughts for you! I hope everything goes well, and you are doing well.

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#125 of 153 Old 01-16-2003, 12:51 PM

Good luck, 1st Time...
#126 of 153 Old 01-16-2003, 01:34 PM

Good luck 1st time....
Let us know how things turn out....

Jen
#127 of 153 Old 01-16-2003, 11:35 PM

WOOHOO...everything is A OK. The bleeding/spotting had stopped by morning and when I went to see the DR. he said everything looked great. I am such a worry wart. How am I ever going to make it through these next 8 months?

Thank you to everyone for your concern and support.
#128 of 153 Old 01-17-2003, 03:22 AM

Happy to hear it was nothing!!
#129 of 153 Old 01-17-2003, 03:31 AM

great.
#130 of 153 Old 01-17-2003, 11:41 AM

I'm glad everything's alright for you 1st Time. I had some bleeding too a few nights ago after my & df "had some fun," but I've learned it's common for me to have some very slight bleeding early in pg, I've had a little w/ all of them. (It doesn't make you any less worried though.)

I'm officially 11 wks today! Getting close to that second trimester- I can't wait. Next Wed. is my first dr. appt. I so hope I get to hear the heartbeat. How many of you mommas have heard the h/b already and how early?

Oh, I wanted to ask how everyone "broke the news" to family & friends? We have only told a few ppl so far, and I'm trying to figure out how to tell my parents before I tell the rest of the family. I'm not exactly sure what their reactions going to be b/c we already have 2 ds and since I became a SAHM about 5 months ago we're not exactly financially stable. I know this is my life, not theirs, and whether they agree with the idea or not, they'll have to get used to it, but..........you always want their approval. (Even though I'd never let them know that! : I had a hard enough time making them realize they can't control my life.)

Oh, gotta take ds to kindergarten! CBL!
#131 of 153 Old 01-17-2003, 12:57 PM

I'm so glad to hear everything is ok!

I got to hear the heartbeat at about 8 1/2 weeks! I'm almost 10 now. It was great...but I'll be very relieved when we hear it again at our next appt on the 27th.

We haven't actively told anyone yet; we are waiting until about 12-14 weeks to make an announcement. But, we decided that if someone asks us if we are, we will tell them. It's getting a little obvious because I haven't been out of the house except to go to work (too tired and sick!), and some of my more forthright friends have come right out and asked, and I've happily told them! And my mom and brother asked, so now my family knows. Dh's family still has no idea! I feel kind of bad about that, but oh well...
#132 of 153 Old 01-17-2003, 03:44 PM

Great news 1st Time!!

I heard the heartbeat at my last (and first) appt...but I'm not sure how far along I am, I go for a dating U/s next week....my dr figures 10-12 weeks....but she also said that usually at 10 weeks you can sometimes hear the hb but you have to look, at 12 you should almost definately (and easily) find it. That's why she doesn't know how far I am for sure, found the hb super easy and it was loud and strong, so she figured 12-14wks...but uterus is only size of 10 wks....: ....it would help if I knew 100% when we conceived, but I'm only sure of a general range....
My last cycle was Sept 8, and I know I'm not 18 almost 19 wks!

As for telling people, we told the family when we went home for Christmas. My bil figured it out....him and Dh were talking about names, and he said what are you guys having another one??? Dh and I just looked at each other, and his mom was coming in the room at the time....lol....not exactly how we planned to tell them, everyone wasn't there yet...but hey it worked. We told my family when we seen them, just a basic, your going to be a "___" again. I'm not very good at keeping secrets for very long....not to mention the fact that I wasn't drinking anything and I felt so tired!!

Take care all....good luck at your coming appts (those going soon).
Jen
#133 of 153 Old 01-17-2003, 03:53 PM

My appt got cancelled today!
Now I cant go till the 27th cause I will be away next week.
Kinda bummed me out.
#134 of 153 Old 01-17-2003, 04:53 PM

Bummer about the appointment Wickidawitch.

Well here is my plan for telling everone. I hate to do this to my DH but he has to wait another 2wks because Feb. 2nd is our 1 year wedding anniversary.
I am going to have a + HPT framed and was thinking about getting a baby sized hockey jersey ( we are a big hockey family and whether I am having a boy or a girl it will grow up in the sport) We also saw a NHL game on our honeymoon so it has even more significance ( How many guys do you know that get to see a NHL game on their honeymoon???)

As for the family, I thought it it would be cute to make valentines with the + HPT and give it to them on Valentines day. That would put me at 10 wks so it's not too early but I'm still paranoid. It might depend on when my GYNO appt is ( would like to hear a heartbeat first)

Would it be less personal or more of a surprise if I mailed the Valentines? What do you think? It falls on a Friday and I usually work Friday nights.
#135 of 153 Old 01-17-2003, 06:14 PM

Feb 2nd sounds like a fine day to do it -- it's also Groundhog's Day, of course, and my birthday!

I'll be 36, and therefore officially "high risk." Love those labels!

darcy
#136 of 153 Old 01-22-2003, 02:56 AM

i was 38 when I delivered Charlie and I was supposedly high risk.
I am heavy and I did not have diabetes or high blood pressure or bed rest etc.........My water broke two days before the due date and he was breech (lotus) so it was a c-section. So don't let them scare you. My grandmother was 46 when she had my mother.

Now I am 40 and preggie. I will be 41 when I deliver the next one.

Think good thoughts.
#137 of 153 Old 01-22-2003, 10:48 AM
Banned

Okay. I made it. I'm pg. I'm due Sept 27th! WOOOOO_HOOOOOO!
#138 of 153 Old 01-22-2003, 12:51 PM

Yay TreeLove!!
#139 of 153 Old 01-22-2003, 02:24 PM

Thought I'd chime in. My "due date" is Sept. 28. My mom gave me a warning that if my pants were getting too tight at 2 mo, it might be twins. (they run rampant in my family). This is my first, and I'm SOOO excited! Haven't been to the doc yet (except the clinic at the U where I'm a student, for a "report of pregnancy" form to take to the medicaid office), first I have to convince a caseworker to give me medicaid, and they made me an appointment for next week.

I haven't noticed any "symptoms" yet, except I've been a bit tired.

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#140 of 153 Old 01-22-2003, 03:53 PM

Welcome to all the newcomers!

I am at 9 weeks and have my first OB appt on the 31st. Its a biggie for me as I miscarried with my prior pregnancy and am nervous to hear the heartbeat. I haven't told too many people, just those who have asked and some of our family. I wanted to wait till I hear that h/b.

I'll be 38 at the birth and a VBAC so it'll be an interesting time!

Robin
#141 of 153 Old 01-22-2003, 04:02 PM

I know exactly how you feel, Robin
#142 of 153 Old 01-22-2003, 08:46 PM

Kazmir-
You and I share a due date! I can't wait for my first appt. either!
#143 of 153 Old 01-23-2003, 04:32 AM

Yea! I'm pregnant! Found out last week (actually one week ago today).

I miscarried our last baby (Stella- born at home) at about 12-13 weeks. That was almost a year ago that she was born. But it's weird, I don't feel any fear about losing this one. I just KNOW I'll hold this baby, full-term, in my arms. With Stella, even before I got pregnant I thought I was going to lose her.

So, dh has a new job with fabulous hours, which I am so happy about because his last job had horrible, totally unpredictable hours. Everything seems just right.

Ds is 2 and when I told him I was going to have a baby we did the happy dance together. (I don't think he's certain about what I was saying, but he could sure tell I was happy). Around here the happy dance is going around in a circle, fingers snapping, and singing "happy, happy, happy" as loud and much as you can.

Will be doing another homebirth, thinking of a waterbirth, outside as I'm due September 25 and it will surely be hot enough!

Not much sickness, but I have a great sense of smell (one of the first things that clued me in), super tired, especially in the morning, and breasts are achy when ds wants to nurse. But, he's been really understanding about "nanas hurting" and we agree to try and see how long we can go. I've also discovered that if I nurse him sitting up (me) then it hurts much less. I think it has to do with more for him to hold onto, less direct pressure on the nipple.

Anyway, I am glad to be here and look forward to going through the nest 9-10 months with you all.
#144 of 153 Old 01-23-2003, 03:32 PM

Congratulations Moonglowmama!
#145 of 153 Old 01-23-2003, 05:26 PM

Congrats moonglowmama!

Wooby - I remember from the TTC forum we were close with CD dates too! Congrats and we'll have to keep in touch.

Robin
#146 of 153 Old 01-23-2003, 09:55 PM

Well I just got back from my first "prenatal" (ie fill out LOTS of forms, get lost finding the lab, pee in a cup and have FIVE VIALS OF BLOOD TAKEN! )... The hospital smells like pee. The people there (except for the nurse I saw for the paperwork) were grumpy, and not nice at all. Blah! I want a midwife!!!!! Hopefully we can somehow make that work out... if we can somehow get a loan to pay the $3000+ we need to pay for Dh's school so I can have funds to pay a midwife.

And of *course* they dated me wrong. Knew that would happen... so their "due date" is Sept 4th (and I was told they wouldn't let someone go over by more than two weeks... so my *real* due date of Sept 17th is all thrown off).... I can already tell I'm gonna have to fight tooth and nail for what I want. Joy.

But in a brighter light at my next appointment I'll get to hear the heartbeat! Yeaaaah! I can deal with that... now I just have to wait til Feb 13th....

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#147 of 153 Old 01-23-2003, 11:33 PM

Hi all ,

I'm new to the boards and really excited to get to know everyone here. I have a 16 month old daughter and baby #2 is due August 15th! It is starting to seem real, now that I can barely fit into any of my pants. : My next midwife apoointment is on Jan 31st, and hopefully I'll be able to hear the heartbeat then. I can't wait!

Kathleen
#148 of 153 Old 01-24-2003, 12:22 PM

Hey Kathleen!
We have the same due date!
#149 of 153 Old 01-24-2003, 01:49 PM

Hey all,
Went for my ultrasound yesterday.....
All was good except I had to wait 45 minutes before I could get in....I was not impressed as I had to pee soooooooooo bad.....they had an emergency come in when I got there, and there was another lady before me.....so I did understand, but my bladder didn't....lol...

Anyways, when I finally got "on the table", she took one look, gave me a cup and said pee to here or your going to burst (no shit sherlock...lol...) so that was great.....

So we finally got down to business.....she does her stuff...I told her that I was there cause we had no idea how far along I was, that the dr thought about 10 weeks (2 weeks ago, so 12 weeks...)....she says well your 15 weeks, edd July 17th..... ....I was like are you sure....
I'm excited though....I didn't really want the kids b-days to be too close....so I guess I'll meander over to the July thread...but I'll still be around here, you guys have been great!!!! I'll be 17 weeks when I go see my dr again! Holy!!!! almost 1/2 way there ....

The baby was soooo active too, she kept laughing cause everytime she'd go somewhere, he/she'd move....Once I got to pee again before she took the pictures for us to keep...the baby kept stretching out, like oh yeah, now I got room....lol...Looks alot longer then Evelyn did in either of my u/s with her....I was looking for a sign of sex, but couldn't tell....oh well...we'll know soon enough!

Take care all! I'll be around....
Jen
#150 of 153 Old 01-24-2003, 04:29 PM

Jen, congrats on leaping ahead a few weeks! I would love to be able to do that. Everyone is laughing at me because I know EXACTLY how many weeks/days along I am. Sometimes it feels like it's going so fast and other times I wish I could skip a few weeks!!!

Kathleen, I also live in Seattle! (way up north, almost in Shoreline) And I'm due Aug 13! Which midwives are you seeing? I'm going to Expecting the Best in Montlake (Michelle Sarju and Tracy Cooper). I've had two visits and dh and I both think they're going to be great.

Our latest appt. was on Tuesday (1/21) and we sort of got to hear the heart beat. I was almost 11 weeks. The midwife said she kept hearing it, but the baby is so little that it kept slipping by. I was never positive that I heard it. But she said, "wow, you have great uterine blood flow!" Now THAT'S a compliment you don't get every day!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page