Aug/Sept mamas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 153 Old 12-17-2002, 12:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HI! the other thread was getting a little long, and thought I would include the new graduates...for Sept!!!

Rock on pg mamas!!!!

I'm doing very well...gas is on hold..hopping it's 'passed' : :LOL

Very hungry...but still lots of energy!!! YAY

Truly,

Mamasoleil
#2 of 153 Old 12-17-2002, 01:31 PM

from the other thread...I'm starting to think I may have high expectations.
But otherwise, I'm doing good! Starting to feel a bit more sick...but nothing overwhelming. And, I think (ok, I'm pretty darn sure...) it's a girl. Of course, dh thinks it's a boy. We have a bet going now!

"OK, I need your opinions: am I being difficult or do you agree with me?

I called my dr's office yesterday afternoon, and the line was busy for an hour and a half, then when I got through, I was on hold for 30 minutes before I had to hang up because dh and I had an appointment. I thought that was ridiculous, and it really didn't instill much confidence in them to me. So, I called back this morning, told them the news, all I got was"Well, you have to go in for a blood test first" blah blah blah, no congratulations, nothing...and then I mentioned that I was on hold for 30 minutes yesterday, and was that normal? And she said well, we're really busy on mondays, no apologies for wasting my time or anything. Plus I have to go to the hospital for the blood test and wait 48 hours...which I thought most dr's did in their office these days.
Then I locked my keys in the car this morning, with the battery on... I think I'm going to cry.

Do you guys think I'm being an impatient b****, or would you have been annoyed, too? I think I need a reality check.
Thanks for letting me complain."
#3 of 153 Old 12-17-2002, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

I replied on the other one that I would have been extremely irritated too, and may have lost it on that insensitive b**** secratery!!!!
#4 of 153 Old 12-17-2002, 01:45 PM

Thanks mamasoleil!
#5 of 153 Old 12-17-2002, 03:26 PM

I would have been furious as well. When I called my Dr 2 days before Thanksgiving because I thought I had strep throat(fever for 4 days, throat really sore...) they told me to call again Friday or Saturday if I still had the fever. I was not going to wait through the Holiday if I knew it was strep. I am not one of those people that calls all the time with a new malady. I have only gone to this Dr twice in over 4 years. I finally told her that I was uncomfortable with waiting and asked if I could just come in for a culture, she said she was pretty sure it was just a virus but that if I insisted they would do it. Well I insisted and sure enough it came back + almost immediately. Glad I went with my gut and didn't listen to the snotty nurse.
#6 of 153 Old 12-17-2002, 03:41 PM

See, I don't understand that. It's like they don't want to take the time to do their job. Good for you, Stephanie, for sticking up for yourself!
#7 of 153 Old 12-17-2002, 04:13 PM

I called my old dr's office, and the woman I talked to was fabulous! She even moved up my appt by a week just so I'd feel better. Plus, they have a midwife that works in the office, and that's who my first appt is with! Yipee! And she said nothing about taking a blood test first.
#8 of 153 Old 12-17-2002, 07:22 PM

I am so happy you found someone more willing to work with you. Congratulations!
#9 of 153 Old 12-17-2002, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Much better reception eh??? Good, glad you did that!!! It's important to feel special by the person who's going to help bring your baby into this world!!!
#10 of 153 Old 12-17-2002, 09:22 PM

Hello everyone,

So glad this thread was started, I didn't know whether I fitted into the August mommies or the September mommies *lol*

Anyways, my little angel is due approx. Sept. 1st. I will have him/her at the birthing center once again with the midwives who delivered my ds. It was a natural waterbirth and a totally amazing experieince.

All the best to you all!

Deb
#11 of 153 Old 12-17-2002, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Deb!!!!

Glad to hear you'll be doing a waterbirth, that's what I'm aiming for...maybe you have some tips for me!!!
#12 of 153 Old 12-18-2002, 11:26 AM

And thanks everyone for listening to my complaints, and offering your support!
#13 of 153 Old 12-18-2002, 05:16 PM

I am going to have a water birth too! My fifth one. Love it! The first one was by accident, was in bath to deal with labor and she decided to come out right then! LOL The other ones were planned :-)

Today is my ultrasound, 2.5 hours from now. I am super anxious, knowing I will most likely see a heartbeat but very very very worried about getting bad news instead :-( It was way easier to be optimistic when it still was many hours away!!!! Please send heartbeat vibes my way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen
#14 of 153 Old 12-18-2002, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Is it possible that my belly is started to pop already??? Unless I somehow have my dates wrong...I don't see how it's possible, cause I'm only 4-5 wks...??? It's not like huge or anything, but seems rounder, and unless i gained that much weight and didn't notice till now????
#15 of 153 Old 12-18-2002, 05:34 PM

mamasoleil- I feel the same way! But I think I'm just looking for an excuse I've heard that you start showing much sooner with your second...we had a friend who at 4 months with her second baby looked like she was 8 months! They thought it was twins because she was so big, but there was just one little boy in there.
Good luck Karen! I'll be sending those healthy baby vibes your way. I understand completely how you feel. I probably will be a complete nutcase when we have to do it.
#16 of 153 Old 12-18-2002, 10:15 PM

I had my first real pre-natal appointment today (before just getting to know you kinds of meetings). I'm convinced that our midwives are going to be wonderful!!! We were there for 1.5 hours talking talking talking. She made me feel SO much better about not eating super well right now. She just kept saying that I need to eat what I'm able to keep down. She even told me not to take my pre-natal vitamins if that's making it worse! And we discussed other ways to get all the right nutrients! YAY I feel better already! Dh came along and he's getting pretty excited about all this. He's so great! Anyway, just a great day after a week of feeling miserable.

Karen, I hope the ultrasound showed a strong heart!!!
#17 of 153 Old 12-19-2002, 10:41 AM

Thanks all!
Ultrasound went pretty well, although the heart was a lot harder to make out than I had hoped for. I posted a new thread with a long update on it.

Now getting ready for first prenatal with my homebirth midwife, so I better get off my butt and get stuff done :-)

Karen
#18 of 153 Old 12-19-2002, 01:13 PM

Well made my appt today....
I must say after the reception that you got Annais I was not looking forward to calling, especially since I had my yearly in the middle of Nov and my dr and I talked about how we didn't want anymore right now....: ....

But I was worried for nothing...the receptionist got very excited for me and said congrats and what a wonderful Christmas present.....makes me remember why I like my dr...(even if I don't trust dr's)....

So I go Jan 8.....

Glad to hear that the gas has passed mamasoleil ....
Also glad your appt went well Karen ....

Talk soon,
Jen
#19 of 153 Old 12-20-2002, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Okay, now I know for *sure* my uterus has grown ever so slightly!!!
#20 of 153 Old 12-20-2002, 05:34 PM

Ok, well I'm only 3 weeks prego and at night my abdomin gets puffy like a little pillow and my pants feel tight.

This early already???

Deb
#21 of 153 Old 12-21-2002, 02:24 PM

My girlfriend that we told said that she can tell that I'm preggo by my belly....: ....

I guess we better tell the relatives, or they may just "notice"...

Have a great Holiday Everyone...we're off Tuesday afternoon, but I've got so much crap to do, I doubt I'll make it online till we get home!

Talk soon,
Jen
#22 of 153 Old 12-22-2002, 10:47 AM

I am so excited to be joining you all, especially other brand new graduates from the trying to conceive page. Domestic Godess, I am due September 2. You got such an early positive I feel like I have been waiting forever to follow you, feeling pg the whole time!!!

It took me 3 years to get pg with #2 and I am going to enjoy every minute of it. I will even try to love the morning sickness that I have been telling myself it is far to early to start having, even as I fought the waves of nausea feeding the cats this morning, LOL!!!

YAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!! I am here!

Anne!!!
#23 of 153 Old 12-22-2002, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

WELCOME!!!
Took me well over a year to conceive #2, glad you made it too!
Enjoy your pg, we are here for you!!!

#24 of 153 Old 12-22-2002, 03:24 PM

YAY Anne!

Congratulations! I'm glad to have somebody that shares the same due date (ok off by a day *lol*).

I wish you an easy pregnancy & delivery, and a healthy babe.

Deb

Baby #2: EDD Sept. 1/03

SAHM to Nathan: 04/18/00
#25 of 153 Old 12-23-2002, 11:20 AM

I wore my maternity jeans yesterday. My others have just gotten too tight in the last few days. I forgot about how yucky it is in that time when your own clothes are too small but maternity clothes are too big! Guess I have to dig out some big jeans. It was fun to wear maternity clothes again and *feel* pregnant. Dh confirmed that my body has defintely changed in the last week. I thought I was just getting fatter cuz of all the holiday goodies. LOL
#26 of 153 Old 12-23-2002, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Stephanie,

that makes me feel so much better!!! LOL
Yeah, I don't like this stage either, where you just feel fat, not pg!!! YUCK...ah well...for a good cause right????

Mamasoleil
#27 of 153 Old 12-23-2002, 11:37 AM

Hello ladies!

ms has begun, with a vengeance...nothing appeals to me at all. So, I was wondering, do you eat what you can stomach (within reason, of course!)? Or do you eat what you know is good for you, even though it makes you really really sick? Right now, I eat what I can stomach, but I'm wondering if I should try the latter, because I'm starting to feel guilty. Saturday night I had a bowl of tofu with soy sauce for dinner, and that's about all I had for the day. And lots of ginger ale.
I hope everyone has a great holiday!
#28 of 153 Old 12-23-2002, 04:40 PM

Annais, I say whatever you can stomach will be fine. Some empty calories are better than no calories at all. Unless you are eating nothing but Snickers bars, I think the baby will be fine. I am also a firm believer that the baby will get what they need and you will actually be the one to suffer nutritionally. Not that it is any better, but.......
#29 of 153 Old 12-23-2002, 04:51 PM

Thanks Stephanie,
That makes me feel much better!
I'm not so concerned about my nutritional needs right now, as long as the baby get what she needs.
Thanks again
#30 of 153 Old 12-23-2002, 10:21 PM

I'm right there with you Annais! I've been feeling pretty crappy for almost 2 weeks. My midwife told me to eat whatever sounds good and instead of taking my prenatal vitamin (hard on stomach) she told me to try to drink my vitamins...ie. drink good fruit juices or whatever you think will help get some of the vitamins. I feel a bit better since stopping the vitamin and am (maybe) eating a bit better too. I still have to force feed myself though. Nothing sounds good, but I feel so much better when my stomach is semi full. We were at a wedding last night and I ate so much melon, grapes and pasta salad! I actually was able to enjoy the reception!!! (of course I threw up more than usual this morning, but hey, I felt good last night!) Other midwife tips - eat white things (ice cream, rice, white bread...) because they tend to be easy to digest, eat fruits more than vegetables, drink lots, and DON'T WORRY!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page