Red Raspberry Leaf Tea tribe - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 2269 Old 10-13-2006, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just had my RRL baby 16 days ago! I drank 1 quart RRL daily in the 2nd & 3rd trimesters, brewed very strong (1/4-1/2 cup RRL/qt, steeped 4 1-3 hrs in 2nd tri, 4 hrs in 3rd tri).

1st baby:
no RRL
hospital birth
posterior
17 hrs labor, 2 hrs pushing, vacuum extraction

2nd baby:
RRL
homebirth
anterior (attention to positioning throughout pregnancy +bellydancing)
3 hrs labor, 25 mins of pushing, no augmentation

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#482 of 2269 Old 10-13-2006, 02:29 PM

That's Great! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
I'm so glad to hear a success story.

Tabitha, married to my best friend Steven - Mama to 6 little ones and another on the way!
#483 of 2269 Old 10-14-2006, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
For a couple of weeks I sortof slacked in drinking the tea. I brew up a whole pitcher at a time, and my parents were here, then almost the very next weekend I was going out of town and didn't want to brew up a whole pitcher right before I left, then was SO busy and didn't get a chance to brew a new pitcher... etc. :P

I have 8 weeks until my "due date" but probably 9.5-ish weeks until baby comes. I haven't been increasing the number of cups per day, but I have been increasing the strength of the tea... surely that would be the same effect as increasing the quantity of cups? I can't wait to see how this will affect my labor.

I have been having BH contractions, although I had them a lot more earlier, like in weeks 26-28. In the past week or so I haven't had any more of those.

I was wondering if this tribe was still active, or if there were posts that I missed somehow and wasn't getting the e-mail notifications. :P Good to know that we're all still here.

Andrea

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
#484 of 2269 Old 10-19-2006, 05:39 PM

Am I too late to get the effects?

I had planned to start this in the first tri, but I'm only now to the point where I can even stomach the thought of RRL tea (I spent the first 16 weeks just vomiting). Anyway, if I start now at 21 weeks, will it still help?

My first labor was natural, 11 hours, 45 minutes of pushing, and really, I'd be happy to have that again. If it can get faster or easier though, I'm all about it!

Where should I get my tea if I'm just starting out and how much do I need to drink?

Thanks!
#485 of 2269 Old 10-19-2006, 05:48 PM

here's my recipe:

2 parts red raspberry leaf
2 parts nettle
1 part oatstraw
1/2 part alfalfa
small hand full rose hips
small handful goji berries

mix together and steep 4 heaping tbsps of the mixture in a quart canning jar or tea infuser for 30 minutes. add other flavored herbal tea or honey or both to make tasty to you. drink 1-4 cups per day.

this is adpated from aviva romm's "natural pregnancy book"

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#486 of 2269 Old 10-19-2006, 07:10 PM

You sure can start now! You still have quite a bit of time ahead of you so I think starting now is perfect! Plus, some moms only drink it in the last trimester. I bought my herbs from the www.bulkherbstore.com and haven't had any problems. How much is up to you... At least 1 tsp of RRL to 8 oz water. I would do more. Right now I'm taking 2 tsp. RRL to 6 oz. water. I would drink it as much as you want! Or can! LOL! Good luck! I use to make pitchers but found it didn't work for me so here's what I've been doing...

Add to 6-8 oz of water:
2 tsp. RRL
1 tsp. Nettle
1/2 tsp. Alfalfa
1/4 tsp. Spearmint
Let steep for 15 minutes, strain and drink! Much easier for me to do it this way. I tend to let it go to waste in the fridge.:

I had some left over pre-packed RRL tea bags from my first pregnancy and I have been drinking those at night before I go to bed too. Can you tell I like it easy?? But I think fresh is obviously better! I will be uping my usual dose tonight to 3 tsp. RRL. Also don't forget the strong infusion (1 pint water to 1 ounce RRL steeped for 30 min) at the start of labor. Remeber to drink it as hot as you can stand and if you're having a hospital birth it's probably best to wait to drink it until you're in the parking lot!! Just in case! Feel free to add any "safe" herbs to your drink to make it more tasteful to you!

Tabitha, married to my best friend Steven - Mama to 6 little ones and another on the way!
#487 of 2269 Old 10-20-2006, 11:39 AM

I really like the idea of adding the nettles and oatstraw, etc... However, I know to get the bennifits of nettles it is good to let it steep for 8 hours or overnight: , has anyone figured out a good way to incorporate this method? Good work girls, keep it up!

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#488 of 2269 Old 10-20-2006, 11:49 AM

Placed my order! Thanks ladies!

Now I'm a little nervous. Just ordering this tea made the reality of labor and delivery seem a little closer than I had realized. I did have a great experience the first time around, but it was still intense and this time around, I know exactly what I'm getting into!
#489 of 2269 Old 10-20-2006, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbmama3-7 View Post
I really like the idea of adding the nettles and oatstraw, etc... However, I know to get the bennifits of nettles it is good to let it steep for 8 hours or overnight: , has anyone figured out a good way to incorporate this method? Good work girls, keep it up!
i think 1/2 a hour is just fine for nettles. i take it plain in the summer for my allergies and steeping 1/2 an hour makes a tea that does help.

if you want to steep it that long, just do it ahead of time and then combine it with the other stuff. just make sure you put it in the fridge after it cools.

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#490 of 2269 Old 10-20-2006, 12:14 PM

I LOVE my RLT, and I can easily drink 3 cups a day. Currently i'm drinking Clipper organic (loose leaves) brand, and it's absolutly lovely.

Just a question for you RLT experts....much of what i've read supports taking RLT at anytime during pregnancy and i've been happily drinking it since my second trimester, why do people think it's harmful? I've read specifically that it is NOT an emmenagogue or oxytocic herb and will not start a labor or promote contractions. so why do people say it does???? why all the warnings on the mainstream pregnancy sites??
#491 of 2269 Old 10-20-2006, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstarlight View Post
so why do people say it does???? why all the warnings on the mainstream pregnancy sites??
because they don't know a thing about it and so it *must* be dangerous if they don't know about it.

i read once not to take ginger while pregnant!!!!! :

#492 of 2269 Old 10-20-2006, 07:11 PM

I don't know why they say not to take it early in pregnancy.... Seems to me it would actually HELP to take it even before conception. RRL is GREAT for your uterus!!! Some people just don't feel comfy taking it early I guess.

I don't know about the nettles... I'm just too lazy and FAT to go through all the work of letting it steep that long! To me the most important part is the RRL. Everything else is an added "bonus".

YogaMama - Congrats on your order! I know what you mean about inevitibly having to actually birth this child. Do I HAVE TO? LOL! I drank RRL tea in the packages off and on w/dd and I had a four hour labor that was pitocin induced because of my water being broken for more than 24hrs. So I am anxious to see how this works this time! I've been more consistent than I was with her. Only 34 days left (I'm guessing Nov. 23rd) give or take!! So, I'm pretty ready.... We're planning a UC so as soon as I "think" I'm in labor I'm taking the infusion... As long as DH is home!

Good Luck and keep everyone up to date!

OH! I will not have the internet for about a week starting on Monday... We're moving and I just won't have the time! But I will be back on the beginning of November! Take care ladies!

#493 of 2269 Old 10-21-2006, 10:34 PM

I drank RRL tea from about 13 weeks on last time, baby #8. I was drinking about a half gallon a day, iced. I couldn't get enough of it.
I just got my tea today, so as soon as I get some ice made, I will be drinking it daily. Oh, and I prefer mine plain, nothing else added to it.
#494 of 2269 Old 10-25-2006, 11:20 PM

Huskermama...I hope your consistency pays off this time! It's funny that we've done this before, yet the thought of doing it again still overwhelms me!

Quick question/concern....

I've been reading back some pages of this thread and a few women mentioned they stopped drinking RRL or were told to due to increase in BH or promodrol labor. Is this a real concern? I ask because I have a strong tendency towards BH anyway, I get them very early on and frequently throughout pregnancy. Also, with my son, I started dilating and effacing at a month out and was 4 cm and 80% effaced for days before actual labor began. During that last month I had a lot of contractions, none as hard as during active labor, but sometimes they'd go on for hours. Given my body's natural tendency for this, do you all think in your personal experience (I realize you aren't all MW's, herbalists, OBs, etc.) that maybe RRL tea might be a little too much for me? Also, are there any actual studies that show a correlation between RRL and preterm labor?

TIA!
#495 of 2269 Old 10-26-2006, 12:05 AM

What I read in Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year was that RRL is very good for preventing miscarriage and helps tone and tighten the uterus making birth contractions more fruitful. And is safe to take from day one of pregnancy.
#496 of 2269 Old 10-26-2006, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogaMama04 View Post
Huskermama...I hope your consistency pays off this time! It's funny that we've done this before, yet the thought of doing it again still overwhelms me!

I've been reading back some pages of this thread and a few women mentioned they stopped drinking RRL or were told to due to increase in BH or promodrol labor. Is this a real concern? I ask because I have a strong tendency towards BH anyway, I get them very early on and frequently throughout pregnancy. Also, with my son, I started dilating and effacing at a month out and was 4 cm and 80% effaced for days before actual labor began. During that last month I had a lot of contractions, none as hard as during active labor, but sometimes they'd go on for hours. Given my body's natural tendency for this, do you all think in your personal experience (I realize you aren't all MW's, herbalists, OBs, etc.) that maybe RRL tea might be a little too much for me? Also, are there any actual studies that show a correlation between RRL and preterm labor?

TIA!
I've never heard anything about RRL and preterm labor being a problem...
But, I'm not a dr or m/w!
I would think it would just 'prepare' your body more--not necessarily throw it into labor ya know?
Hope you find some answers!
#497 of 2269 Old 10-26-2006, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogaMama04 View Post

TIA!
i guess i wouldn't bother asking an OB or MW, unless they were also trained herbalists.

this is what i know, BHs are your uterus toning itself for birth... like doing sit ups or push ups. if you get a lot of these it seems to be that what would help *is* a uterine toner.....

with all natural health, if you take it and you don't like the way it makes you feel, stop. you are the best judge of you own body anyway, so try some and if i you feel your body doesn't like it or doesn't need it, don't drink it anymore. that's the beautty of natural health, you get to be in charge of your body and take responsibility for it!

i have never ever heard of RRL causing labor or the cervix to soften. (think of how many women would be drinking this stuff if it did actually make babies come faster!)

just an aside.... i didn't have a single vaginal exam until i was in labor with my son. if you don't have a vaginal exam, you won't have the fret about how dialated or effaced you are. (which it's within the normal range to be opening before birth and also not to open until after labor starts) i would keep everyone's fingers out of your vagina and that way you won't have to worry about any of that.

#498 of 2269 Old 10-26-2006, 01:48 PM

Here's a quick Q: is it cheating too much to take the capsules? I prefer to brew my tea overnight, and when I forget to do it (lots of times!), I just take some capsules. I think it's 400 mg each (I take two) twice per day, so 1600 mg altogether. I didn't take RRL with my first pregnancy. That birth was great, 6 hour labor, everything great. BUT, I did have severe afterpains, so I am hoping to alleviate that somewhat.

Thoughts?

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#499 of 2269 Old 10-26-2006, 04:57 PM

Braxton Hicks contractions are just toning contractions, nothing more. There are three layers of muscle in the uterus... and in labor all three work together. During Braxton Hicks, they don't. Yes, some BH contractions are painful... I've certainly had my share... but they weren't labor.

I've used RRL tea off and on during all my pregnancies, and I'm currently working on baby #8. I do believe in its effects of toning and nourishing my reproductive organs. I don't believe it starts labor. If it did, why would they bother using pitocin and other methods of inducing labor? Of course, if you really don't like it, or you feel it makes you feel funny, discontinue using it. As with every remedy, they don't work exactly the same on every person. It is a shame that drs don't realize that chemically-based medicines don't work exactly the same on each person as well.

I wish everyone here a great pregnancy and birth... whether you continue with the tea or not.
#500 of 2269 Old 10-26-2006, 09:13 PM

I've been taking RRL capsules throughout this pregnancy. I just can't drink enough tea to make a proper impact, personally - but the capsules should work ok. The tea would be ideal, I imagine.

I had to slow down with them a few weeks ago when I had a kidney infection - I was getting BH allllll day long and they hurt. A lot. Once I was feeling better again, I went back on them, and I've been upping my dosage since then with no issues.
Mine are 380 mgs, and I took 2 caps 2x per day for most of the pg, cut down to 1 cap 2x when sick, and now I'm doing 3 caps 3x per day, since I'm getting closer. I'll keep this up for another week or two, and then go up to 4 caps 3x a day.

I'm hoping I get a shorter labour out of this!!
#501 of 2269 Old 10-26-2006, 10:55 PM

I do continue to use the tea unless I have adverse effects. I was mainly interested in knowing if there were any published studies as to the so called "negative" effects, and so far, I haven't found a single one. I'm not too concerned!

Also, I don't mind the BH contrax and understand what they are, just wondered if there was such a thing as "too much" toning, seeing as my body does so much of it on its own! Which is not a bad thing!

Thanks!
#502 of 2269 Old 11-05-2006, 04:51 AM

TIA!

Hi, I have been researching this in an attempt to prove my mother wrong, who said the red raspberry idea was a load of crap. In my internet research I discovered one study done (using raspberry CAPSULES) showed 35% reduction in phase 2 of labor, and about a 15% decreased rate of cesarean sections. There is not much scientific research on this subject, but no negative effects were shown from taking red raspberry during pregnancy. Nevertheless, I've also read it's a uterus 'relaxant' and that if you are prone to early labor you might avoid taking it during the 2nd trimester. Mainly, its usage is recommended during the last trimester, particularly approaching your due date, and some even say to drink it DURING labor. Of course, I'm hoping it helps me out since this is my 1st pregnancy and I'm willing to try anything that helps.
#503 of 2269 Old 11-05-2006, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranberry99 View Post
Nevertheless, I've also read it's a uterus 'relaxant' and that if you are prone to early labor you might avoid taking it during the 2nd trimester. Mainly, its usage is recommended during the last trimester, particularly approaching your due date, and some even say to drink it DURING labor. Of course, I'm hoping it helps me out since this is my 1st pregnancy and I'm willing to try anything that helps.
actually it's not a relaxer. it's a toner. which is a different affect. RRL is an astringent herb which helps to tone the womb in preperation for pushing (which is why the "study" has shown a shortened 2nd stage). it helps the womb be more efficient in pushing.

be very careful what you read out there in cyberspace about herbs, about 90% of it is crap.

#504 of 2269 Old 11-05-2006, 04:43 PM

Thought I'd give my report: I drank strong rrl tea 2-3 times a day throughout my whole pg and did the extra strong hot tea during labor. I still had a really intense 24+hr. labor with 7 hours of pushing. 7 HOURS. But I did push him out, 15in. head and all, and it was a VBAC. I honestly think the tea (I added nettles, alfalfa, etc.) was better for building my overall strength and keeping me from getting anemic like last pg.
#505 of 2269 Old 11-07-2006, 10:22 PM

I am so happy to be able to share this birth story here! I have been a stalker on this thread for months and finally had the baby about a week ago.

I apologize now for this being so long (I only had the energy to write it once).

Saturday night, October 28th I was awoken by a few pressure waves/contractions during the night. I wondered if we would make it to church the next morning or if this was the start of labor. They were most intense in the early hours of the morning, but I was able to sleep in between...never more than half hour apart.

Sunday morning I woke up with no sign of labor, so off to church we went. To be honest I was easily distracted during service and uncomfortable. After church we went to eat at our favorite Mexican food place so that the owner, Maria, could see me one more time before I had the baby. We were pretty sure it would be soon so we had better go while we could before the baby came. Lunch was great and it was nice to see Maria again. After lunch we went grocery shopping to stock up. Contractions started up again (though they were not intense) with all the walking and I became tired really fast and just wanted to get the heck out of the store.

Sunday night the contractions became closer together and were uncomfortable to lay down through even with my hypnobabies disks. I finally got up and took shower. Contractions were about 10-15 minutes apart but never progressed any closer together. Finallly the sun came up (Monday morning) and they slowed down. After the kids got up I went back to sleep.

Monday was a long day and I wondered how many nights I would go on this way. We went to sleep that night and I listened to my hypnobabies disk like I had been every night for the past month or so. But tonight I ended up getting out of bed even earlier than the previous night. Contractions were about 15 minutes apart again, but much more intense. I didn't get excited right away because I thought that I would labor all night and then sleep the next day as my contractions seemed shy of daylight. However, by the early morning hours I needed hubby to help me with my relaxation, using the techniques we practiced together. By 4 in the morning the intensity had grown to such that I could only relax if Rob very firmly grasped my shoulders and repeated the relax, release and peace cues. Without his help my body felt panicky or tense just at the start of the contraction. They were about 5 minutes apart when I woke Rob up to time them... I tried to use my hypno cd for birthing time to relax, but I felt that I needed the specific cues from hubby with each contraction for the techniques to be effective. The birth ball was the most comfortable place for me to sit during this time and I was definitely not comfortable laying down (which was the position that I thought I would spend most of my time laboring).

We called the midwife at 4 and she said to give it another hour and see how I felt... to give her a call if things progressed more quickly. Well, by 5 the contractions had spaced out to 10-15 minutes again and I was able to sit in the recliner and sleep between them, though they were still intense enough that I needed Rob's help at the start of each one. I was so tired that I would fall immediately asleep as soon as the peak was over, before the contractions ended!

It is now Tuesday, October 31. They faded farther apart and the intensity settled down enough that I was able to relax completely through them on my own again, so I told Rob he should go get some sleep. I stayed in the recliner and slept as much as I could. The kids had some cereal and watched cartoons and I just tried to relax and get ready for long and tired day. I woke up a little before 9 and got up to get a few things done, however, the contractions came back and seemed back to back. I didn't believe how close they seemed so I kept about some light chores. When the intensity brought me to my knees on the stairs I decided that I'd better wake Rob up. I needed some relaxation help again to stay comfortable. I couldn't believe when he told me they were about 2-3 minutes apart! They all had double peaks and I thought we needed to start getting things ready to go to the birth center. As I sat on the birth ball and relaxed through the contractions my "wispered peace cues" became a bit louder and I didn't want Rob to leave me to load the car up. We were waiting for a friend to arrive to stay with the kids when I felt a distinct change. I felt the baby move down and the contraction felt a bit pushy. I said, "we have to leave NOW" so Chyna watched Ky for a few minutes until Robin got there and we headed out of the drive way as quickly as we could.

I was able to relax really well using my hypnobabies cd in the car, despite having VERY intense and slightly pushy feeling contractions. I swear I could actually feel myself dilating and the baby inching down. The ride seemed really short- but then again, we made the trip in about 25 minutes and it's normally at least a 45 minute drive! We went in and I was sure that the midwife would check me and say that I was dilated to 2 or 3 centimeters. I was ecstatic when she said "oh, we have a nice bulging bag of water, the head is right here and your at 6". I said "Thank you Lord!" And I remembered that once I made it to 6 cm when I was birthing Ky, transition went very quickly. We went right into the birthing suite and they started filling up the tub right away. Rob prayed over me and I was ready to go! It took about 20 minutes to fill up, but it didn't seem that long at all. I sat on the birth ball and Rob squeezed my shoulders and continued the relaxation cues. I moved into the warm water and it felt so good! It was nice to be able to be comfortable and mobile...and the warmth made it easier to relax even though the contractions continued to become more powerful and intense and quickly I felt my body start to push a little with each one.

Alethia (doula/birth assistant) noticed that I was getting pushy and called in Ruth (midwife). She checked me and I was completely dialated with just a bit of a lip left on my cervix! It went by SO quickly. And in between each contraction I was completely relaxed and very comfortable, carrying on fun conversation and talking about how much I was enjoying this birth. I pushed a bit with each contraction that felt like pushing (which at this point quickly became all of them). I could feel baby desending and the pressure was crazy- not painful, but I felt very compelled to get him out the rest of the way :~) When I was preparing for birth, I hadn't planned on pushing much at all... but at this point I was ready to meet my baby and rest. Ruth was very encouraging for me to push with the contractions but when they were over to immediately stop pushing at all and rest. To go with my body and allow myself to properly stretch so I wouldn't tear.

I don't remember how long I was pushing, but Rob says it was about 6 contractions in all. The rests in between pushing were wonderful little breaks and fun conversation continued. A few times Ruth and Alethia comented on how much I was making jokes and laughing or smiling... at one point Ruth laughed and asked what drugs I was on to be having so much fun while she could see the head! (That was one of my favorite parts of this birthing! I proudly said "hypnobabies"!)

I hadn't previously expected to birth in the tub, but everything went so quickly and it was so easy for me to keep my body comfy that I never considered getting back out. On the last couple contractions I was asking how much longer (I was pretty anxious to see this little guy). Finally I decided heck with not pushing hard, I was ready to get this kid out! I pushed with everything I had for a few contractions and out he came. He was absolutely perfect and very clean having been born under water. He was immediately handed to me, and he was so peaceful. He looked around a little and made a few little sounds. They suctioned him out a bit and helped me move to the bed to dry off and keep baby warm (and to do the ultra fun task of delivering the placenta... I had forgotten about that part :~)

It was so nice to just lay down and relax with my new perfect little guy. And the bed at the birth center is a real bed, I think queen size, so there was plenty of room for Rob to get close too.

Caden Nakai was born just less than 2 hours after arriving at the birth center. His apgar scores were great and his head is nice and round, having not spent much time in the birth canal. Even though the labor process was very powerful and intense (and I'll admit I did have a few minutes of "panicky" feeling around transition) it was beautiful and peaceful and much quicker than I had expected.

After having a previous hospital birth and this lovely, peaceful birth center birth I can't believe how much impact the difference has had on our lives. Here at the birth center I was quietly monitored and encouraged to keep drinking water, but Rob and I were left alone for much of the time with Ruth and Alethia listening and waiting in the next room. We were encouraged to relax and be comfortable and to do what we felt like doing. I was really allowed to birth in the way that I felt was right and we did not feel "managed" at all. This was a HUGE blessing in contrast to the managed care we forcefully received at the hospital. Rob and I are complete advocates for personalized birth center care, water birthing and hypnobabies! This was absolutely the birth of our dreams and there was nothing that we'd have changed. Not one thing.

A few notes about some of the things that I did during pregnancy that I believe affected the outcome of our birth~
HypnoBabies! We did the homstudy course... I got the program around 30 weeks and listened pretty much every night to the c.d.s and most days I listened to the affirmations disk. I did all of the reading with the book, it was very comprehensive, but since I was not a first time mom, most of it was a refresher and info that I already knew. Hubby and I did the practice sessions a few times the week before I went into labor. I really prayed a lot during my c.d. listening and I know that God used this program to alleviate many of the concerns that I had from my previous delivery. He used this program to help me to have confidence in the way He created my body to birth and I have no doubt that this affected the short length of time that I was actually in labor, as well as eliminated pain. I can honestly say that I experienced no pain during labor or delivery (even pushing) just VERY strong power and pressure.

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea! I drank this throughout my pregnancy to help tone my uterus. I took a break from the tea for a few weeks towards the end of my pregnancy and then started again around 38 weeks. I drank one glass of strong tea each day. I also prepared a strong brew of it to drink when I went into labor, but things progressed so quickly I forgot about it. Looking back at the length of my labor, I'm glad I didn't drink that last glass! :~0 We could have ended up with a car birth instead of the wonderful birth we had.

Evening Primrose oil. I took this a few days orally and a few days "the other way", lol. One of my concerns from my last pregnancy was the need to be induced. I took this to help my cervix along. I would say it worked.

Blessings!
#506 of 2269 Old 11-08-2006, 12:15 AM

Congrats to all the new mamas!!!!! I am so happy for you all!

Who knows about the RRL tea and its affects on the birth but I will let you know my story as soon as it happens! Only a couple more weeks left!

#507 of 2269 Old 11-08-2006, 01:35 AM

I'm just finding this thread...I'v read through a bunch but it's very, very long.

I LOVE red leaf raspberry tea. I've been drinking it for the last few months. But I stopped this past cycle becasue someone warned me it could prevent implantation. I don't know if that's true or not but I just got a pos. home pregnancy test this morning!! I want to be sure it wouldn't pose any problems for me being this early in a pregnancy.
Sounds like many of you drank it early like this, right?

I would love to have some. I miss my tea. Please assure me it is safe, and if it isn't when it will be...
#508 of 2269 Old 11-09-2006, 02:48 PM

I've never drank the tea during the first trimester... But many women have with no problems. I don't believe the tea will induce labor as I drink it all the time (and have since 14wks or so) and have no signs. Sometimes it makes braxton hicks worse, sometimes it makes them go away. As with any herb or medicine, everyone reacts differently. I would say if you have been drinking it you would be safe. I had a history of preterm labor and I'm still here at almost 38wks! Do what you feel is best!! And remember to keep everyone updated!!!

#509 of 2269 Old 11-09-2006, 05:54 PM

Just an quick update from me...I'm about 35 wks now, and I'm losing my mucus plug today.
That's never happened before labour for me, that I noticed. (I'd notice, I think). With the other two, labor started postdates with a giant gush of amniotic fluid and a marked lack of contractions for several hours. This makes me hope that I might even dilate a wee tad before labour starts - which has also never happened!
I'm taking the caplets, about 1000mg 3x a day.
#510 of 2269 Old 11-09-2006, 06:32 PM

Isn't 35 weeks early to loose your mucous plug??? I hope you don't go into labor early. Wishing you the best.

Tags
Herb Pharm , New Mom Guide

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page