Red Raspberry Leaf Tea tribe - Page 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#541 of 2269 Old 11-29-2006, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just finished reading through this ENTIRE THREAD! *Whew*! I didn't do it all at once, though, did it over several days.

So I am going to jump in here. I didn't do RRL last pregnancy (son was born 5 1/2 years ago) and am newly pregnant now. I know RRL is a great womyn's herb, but also lends great nutrients as well. Knowing that, I have nothing to loose to drink it during this pregnancy. I am not due until Aug. but will be following this thread and give my 2cents here and there.

Happy to join you all on the RRL trail!
#542 of 2269 Old 11-30-2006, 03:01 PM

Hello all,

I am new to the site but not to this tea. I just found out I am pregnant. 5 weeks going on six and I have just started taking the tea. I am using tea bags for now that I bought a bit ago. I am hoping this will help prevent any problems I have had in the past. This will be my first and I think it will be all OK. Thanks for reminding me of this tea and its benifits to pregnancy.

:
#543 of 2269 Old 11-30-2006, 04:29 PM

Hi nebemiw. Sounds like we are just days apart from each other in our pregnancies!
#544 of 2269 Old 11-30-2006, 11:24 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still here and still drinking tea. 9 days until my due date. I actually had to order some more tea this month b/c with me drinking a stronger brew (as opposed to more glasses), I worried that I would run out. DH also wanted to try some teas so he looked through the catalog and picked some out for him too.

I hope to be posting my birth story in the next couple of weeks.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#545 of 2269 Old 12-01-2006, 10:16 AM

Yay Harmony96! Hope that baby comes soon!!! I have 17 days left till due date. Drinking my tea like crazy. December babies!!!
#546 of 2269 Old 12-01-2006, 05:48 PM

ok so i have a question!! i just started the RRL regime this week, i am 32w. I have been making my own blend-nettles, alf, oat straw, rosehips, RRL, all put in a quart jar loose with hot water and steeped over night. and my pee has been totally neon yellow and with a definite odor-not an ew smell but just a noticable smell for sure...what's that all about? just my body adjusting?? is this normal?

JEN, Hoopdancin' mama to Mairi Elizabeth 12/04, Catriana Quinn stillborn 41w 1/07 and our rainbow Elijah Asher 3/09, wife to Keith for 9 years.
#547 of 2269 Old 12-01-2006, 06:34 PM

are you taking a prenatal vitamin too? B vitamins causes your pee to turn bright yellow when it's excreated.

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#548 of 2269 Old 12-02-2006, 04:26 AM

i am taking rainbow light prenatals, but i've been taking them since like week 9 and no issues with pee...just since starting RRL. i hadn't heard anyone on here mention any smell/color with peeing so i was kinda like what the! guess it's normal though, who can know...

JEN, Hoopdancin' mama to Mairi Elizabeth 12/04, Catriana Quinn stillborn 41w 1/07 and our rainbow Elijah Asher 3/09, wife to Keith for 9 years.
#549 of 2269 Old 12-02-2006, 10:24 AM

stop the tea and not the prenatals and see if the yellow color stays.

then stop the prenatals and drink the tea. see if you have the yellow pee.

then you'll know which it is.

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#550 of 2269 Old 12-04-2006, 06:16 AM

I am in search of a replacement for my pregnancy tea I had with DS2 as I am expecting a baby in June.

If I ordered: red raspberry, strawberry leaf, alfalfa, nettles, spearmint, lemon balm, fennel, pau d'arco, hibiscus, orange peel. I think these are the ingredients in my origional favorite tea. How do I mix it? In equal parts or something else. I am trying to read through this whole thread but it is 3:00 am and my eyes are getting a little wacky.

Doula mama to my 3 bugs
#551 of 2269 Old 12-04-2006, 12:39 PM

i swear by the stuff! RRL and nettle are my #2 favorite teas, pregnant or not. they are great for postpartum and moon times as well!
#552 of 2269 Old 12-04-2006, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstickgirl View Post
i am taking rainbow light prenatals, but i've been taking them since like week 9 and no issues with pee...just since starting RRL. i hadn't heard anyone on here mention any smell/color with peeing so i was kinda like what the! guess it's normal though, who can know...
My pee smells different when drinking strong RRL, or several cups of it a day. The bright yellow, if neon, is suggestive, as others have said, of B vits. I don't know if doing RRL tea and prenatals will give you this result (if your prenatals haven't done this previously). Sure you are not taking something else, like Emergen-C or something?
#553 of 2269 Old 12-04-2006, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still here and still drinking tea. 9 days until my due date.
Quote:
njbeachgirl
Yay Harmony96! Hope that baby comes soon!!! I have 17 days left till due date. Drinking my tea like crazy. December babies!!!
Can't wait to hear your experiences!
#554 of 2269 Old 12-05-2006, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jada Mae View Post
My pee smells different when drinking strong RRL, or several cups of it a day. The bright yellow, if neon, is suggestive, as others have said, of B vits. I don't know if doing RRL tea and prenatals will give you this result (if your prenatals haven't done this previously). Sure you are not taking something else, like Emergen-C or something?
My pee also smells stronger and looks neon green. My OB before I swtiched to a miwife said I need to drink more water. But I notice it only gets that way when I take my pre natals on a regular basis. I take Maternal Symmetry. RRL tea I drink doesn't do it though, so I would guess is the pre natals?
#555 of 2269 Old 12-05-2006, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstickgirl View Post
I am also taking rainbow light prenatals (and daily RRL tea) and I know that when I take the vitamins at night, my next few pees are bright yellow from the extra B vitamins....

don't know if that helps at all.....

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boysjumpers.gif Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (2) and ??? due November
#556 of 2269 Old 12-05-2006, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by letabug View Post
I am in search of a replacement for my pregnancy tea I had with DS2 as I am expecting a baby in June.

If I ordered: red raspberry, strawberry leaf, alfalfa, nettles, spearmint, lemon balm, fennel, pau d'arco, hibiscus, orange peel. I think these are the ingredients in my origional favorite tea. How do I mix it? In equal parts or something else. I am trying to read through this whole thread but it is 3:00 am and my eyes are getting a little wacky.
I didn't use a specific formula but used about 75% RRL and the rest of the herbs as flavoring. I had less herbs than you have though. I figured what I really wanted was to get the benefits of the RRL at this point, and the other things coul be helpful too. HTH!
#557 of 2269 Old 12-05-2006, 12:44 PM

GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT???????

No, I didn't have the baby yet. But, my water did break this morning about 8:30 (it's 9:40 now). So.... I'm drinking my "strong brew" right now. I've been contracting but so far they haven't felt any stronger or more regular than the BH's that I've been having all along.

We're waiting to go to the hospital so that they don't put us on a timetable or deadline or anything. My water was a little bloody but other than that it was clear (no green).

Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#558 of 2269 Old 12-05-2006, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT???????

No, I didn't have the baby yet. But, my water did break this morning about 8:30 (it's 9:40 now). So.... I'm drinking my "strong brew" right now. I've been contracting but so far they haven't felt any stronger or more regular than the BH's that I've been having all along.

We're waiting to go to the hospital so that they don't put us on a timetable or deadline or anything. My water was a little bloody but other than that it was clear (no green).
Warm wishes, strong labor vibes, wishing you the best!
#559 of 2269 Old 12-05-2006, 04:07 PM

I went into PTL this past weekend should I stop taking RRL or will it still be ok to take?
#560 of 2269 Old 12-05-2006, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2boys View Post
I went into PTL this past weekend should I stop taking RRL or will it still be ok to take?
what's your diet like?

i guess there are other things i would look at first befor ethe tea, but you have to do what you are comfortable with.

none of the studies i read said anything at all about increased risk of preterm labor.

#561 of 2269 Old 12-05-2006, 05:31 PM

Ok so I tried to drink my strong brew but maybe it was too strong or something... I threw it up. :P There was a little bit left so I drank that and it stayed down.

Contractions are about 3 minutes apart but still fairly mild... they don't feel any stronger than bad menstrual cramps so far. I may be in "active" as opposed to "early" labor but I still feel like I have a ways to go.

This'll probably be my last update until after I have the baby. Hope to see you in a couple of days.

#562 of 2269 Old 12-05-2006, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybeedreams View Post
what's your diet like?

i guess there are other things i would look at first befor ethe tea, but you have to do what you are comfortable with.

none of the studies i read said anything at all about increased risk of preterm labor.
My diet is very good, I drink about a gallon of water a day and eat a lot of whole grains, veggies, that sort of thing. I just recently started taking RRL in capsule form (not a fan of tea) and then about a week later at 34 weeks I went into labor, I just wasn't sure if there was a correlation. I will talk to my midwife tomarrow about it.
#563 of 2269 Old 12-06-2006, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2boys View Post
My diet is very good, I drink about a gallon of water a day and eat a lot of whole grains, veggies, that sort of thing. I just recently started taking RRL in capsule form (not a fan of tea) and then about a week later at 34 weeks I went into labor, I just wasn't sure if there was a correlation. I will talk to my midwife tomarrow about it.

how much protein are you eating every day? you should be getting at least 75 grams. low protein consumption has been linked to preterm labor and pre-e.

keep track of it if you need to with a little sheet on the fridge.

#564 of 2269 Old 12-07-2006, 07:07 PM

Ok I'm back and my baby daughter is born. I'll post my birth story on the birth stories forum in a while but wanted to give my mini-stats here.

First-time mom, bloody show started at about 8:30 am, very light contractions (nothing worse than menstrual cramps) started at 10:30 am but were very close together from the get-go. Went to hospital at 7:30 pm and she was born at 10:28 pm, so only 12 hours of contractions, and only the last 2 hours or so were super strong. No drugs, no induction.

(PS, posting this here b/c I did do RRL throughout pregnancy.)

#565 of 2269 Old 12-07-2006, 07:12 PM

YAAAAAY ANDREA!!!

I've "known" you since early PG from another board. When I saw your same screen name here, I took a peek. I've been thinking of you ever since, and I hope you don't mind me updating the sweet ladies on the other board. We've all been "cheering" for you. SO HAPPY it went well!!! :
#566 of 2269 Old 12-07-2006, 08:23 PM

Yay! Happy birthday, baby! Sounds like a great experience.
#567 of 2269 Old 12-07-2006, 09:34 PM

Harmony96! That is Awesome! Congrats to you!

Your story gives me a lot of hope that this labor and birth will go smoothly if I keep up with all the RRL!

Enjoy this time and take real good care of yourself.
#568 of 2269 Old 12-08-2006, 12:41 AM

Yay Andrea!!!!!!!!!

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#569 of 2269 Old 12-08-2006, 02:18 AM

Just had to barge in and give a BIG CONGRATS to my girl ANDREA!!!!!
Girl ALL of us over in RPPB are waiting in anticipation!

Hope you don't mind I found ya!

Enjoy that baby moon and congrats on the awsome easy labor! Sounds like my first labor I woke up around midnight to steady contractions and labored all day at home with no probs and got to the hospital at 7pm and had Cheri at 10:30pm
So happy you got the birth you wanted!!!
#570 of 2269 Old 12-08-2006, 11:34 AM

Congrats Andrea!!! : baby!

Tags
Herb Pharm , New Mom Guide

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page