Red Raspberry Leaf Tea tribe - Page 39 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1141 of 2269 Old 02-12-2008, 12:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down2Earth View Post
Update! It turns out I'm pregnant! So, even though I still want to know if the capsules are just as good as the tea, its really not as dire right now. Because I'm going to just drink the tea in about three months and forget about the capsules. Ya'll will see a lot more of me in the coming weeks!!

Congratulation!!
#1142 of 2269 Old 02-12-2008, 12:39 PM

I finally ordered some and it should be here next week. I'll be 34 weeks then. I still t think I'll wait until 36 weeks to start drinking it.
#1143 of 2269 Old 02-18-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousebandit View Post
When you all steep your tea for a long time, or make big batches to dreink throughout the day, do you reheat it (and how), or just drink it room temp? I'm not liking it very much cold or room temp, but I wasn't sure whether to reheat it with herbs in, or strain and then reheat. THANKS!

Tracey Mouse
I put the tea to steep in an insulated big jug. It's kinf of warm the next day when i drink it.

Otherwise, it's nice cold with apple juice.
#1144 of 2269 Old 02-23-2008, 12:53 PM

Hi Everyone,
I'm 28 weeks today and just started RRLT yesterday. It took me a while to find some in bulk, organic. I got half a pound (holy crap that's a lot!) and had one cup yesterday and one this morning. (Steeped for 15 minutes in tea ball)

I do have a question, though: is it normal to feel BH shortly afterwards? I know that I've felt BH before, but not this strong, and it seems awfully soon after drinking the RRLT to not be related. My REAL question is, is it the RRLT is making the BH stronger, so that I'm actually able to feel them, that is, the BH were there but I just wasn't noticing them, or is the RRLT CAUSING the BH?

Not overly concerned but curious.

I will be doing the infusion during labour, as well, and also Hypnobabies.

Rebecca, mother of one beautiful girl born May 9, 2008, wife to Ben since June 30, 2007, and angel1.gif July 9, 2011.

#1145 of 2269 Old 02-23-2008, 07:43 PM

Alright, I started today with one cup (I may have one later but not sure). I am 29 weeks 5 days. I did feel some slight cramping for only a couple of minutes shortly after but then it immediately stopped and I haven't felt it since.

I actually am hoping the baby may come sooner (39 weeks) than my others b/c my dh has to leave (military) a week or 2 after my EDD and I always have gone "overdue."

Right now I am using Traditional Medicines tea bags but may buy some loose in the future. We'll see...

Mom of 3 sons and one daughter
#1146 of 2269 Old 02-24-2008, 12:13 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
BerryMac: Yep, RRLT has always increased BHs for me. It's a good thing; that's how it tones the uterus (or so I assume?), by prompting it to 'exercise'.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#1147 of 2269 Old 02-24-2008, 01:24 AM

Smokering:
Thanks for your reply.
I was a little worried, earlier, I was getting BH semi-regularly today. I hadn't felt them that strong, or often before. I know BH are supposed to be good, but WOW, pretty amazing stuff, that RRLT is.

At least this way we know it works, right?

Rebecca, mother of one beautiful girl born May 9, 2008, wife to Ben since June 30, 2007, and angel1.gif July 9, 2011.

#1148 of 2269 Old 02-24-2008, 04:01 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I guess so! Although interestingly, I can't recall having any BHs for a week or so, despite still drinking the RRL tea. Any theories? Maybe I need to up my dosage. I'm planning to go to 2 or 3 cups a day once I hit 37 weeks (I'm a little paranoid before then, because DH is out of town and I'm not allowed to homebirth before 37 weeks). The baby's still kicking and fine and all... just no Braxton-Hicks! Odd.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#1149 of 2269 Old 02-24-2008, 05:09 PM

Smokering:

I'd think that maybe your body is used to RRL by now and maybe your uterus is as "toned" as it will get with the amount of RRL you ingest..although I am completely uneducated when it comes to this stuff.

I'm a little paranoid to increase my intake to more than a cup a day, if it makes me get BH as I am (about every 35 minutes, today).
I'm going to wait until my body gets used to it before even thinking about increasing to 2 cups/day.

On another note, I find it funny, when I mention that I'm drinking RRLT, some of my friends reactions are the typical, "oh no! That's a labour inducer!!!"
LOL
Even when I tell them it's NOT, but a uterine toner, they're all, "oh but my doctor said"....sheep.

#1150 of 2269 Old 02-24-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousebandit View Post
When you all steep your tea for a long time, or make big batches to dreink throughout the day, do you reheat it (and how), or just drink it room temp? I'm not liking it very much cold or room temp, but I wasn't sure whether to reheat it with herbs in, or strain and then reheat. THANKS!

Tracey Mouse
I strain it then keep it in a thermos. If I want some and its cold I put it in a saucepan and reheat it.... We don't own a microwave and I would be afraid to use it if we did due to losing nutrients...

treehugger.gif Birth and PP doula, Mama to DD (7/04) DS (3/08)    belly.gifwith #3 EDD 11/29/13, and 30+ chicken3.gif , 2 ducks

#1151 of 2269 Old 02-24-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryMac View Post

On another note, I find it funny, when I mention that I'm drinking RRLT, some of my friends reactions are the typical, "oh no! That's a labour inducer!!!"
LOL
Even when I tell them it's NOT, but a uterine toner, they're all, "oh but my doctor said"....sheep.
It can be for some women. My first was miscarried and my second was 4 weeks early so my midwife is telling me not to take it until 38 weeks. I'm going to take it at 36 weeks because I'm fine with going early. But for normal healthy pregnancies its great
#1152 of 2269 Old 03-01-2008, 10:59 PM

I am bumping this up because it took me awhile to find and also I was looking for the strong infusion for labor which I found on the second page I think...

Instructions for the strong infusion to drink when labor is beginning:

On one ounce of raspberry leaves pour one pint of boiling water, cover and let steep for 30 minutes. Strain, and when the time for delivery is approaching drink the whole as hot as possible.

I am 36 weeks and trying to drink at least 3 cups a day now with more next week!! My body is definately toning.

treehugger.gif Birth and PP doula, Mama to DD (7/04) DS (3/08)    belly.gifwith #3 EDD 11/29/13, and 30+ chicken3.gif , 2 ducks

#1153 of 2269 Old 03-06-2008, 10:50 PM

hi all...i'm new to teh RRL tribe. we JUST got a PPT this week and i can't wait to start the RRL. i drank it daily when i was preg with dd, although i didnt' know about the stronger version for during labor. since she was our first, its hard to say if it helped, but i did have a very short labor. i was induced (a whole other issue...lets not go there right now) at 1.00 and she was born at 5:45, so less than 5 hours total. and the first few hours i could hardly feel the contractions. i could tell from the moniter that they were happening but couldn't feel them. i had probably 2 hours of painful labor and i only pushed for 10 mins. cant' ask for better, especially with an induced first baby.

ok...off to have some tea...since it is ::: here

amanda... lovin' my dh since 2004 and mama to dd (3), ds (18 months) and expecting someone new Oct 2010.
#1154 of 2269 Old 03-06-2008, 11:54 PM

I've been taking it since Monday, when I turned 36 weeks. I can't say whether or not I feel more activity down there or not, since I've had a cough and that seemed to be progressing things (cough the baby out, anyone? ). I have one of those loose tea holders, and I re-used it daily until tonight when I put in fresh leaves. I don't really want an early baby, at least not before 38 weeks, so I don't want to over-do it!
#1155 of 2269 Old 03-07-2008, 12:35 AM

I'm been drinking the RRT since I was 21 weeks, now I'm 26 weeks. I love it! I drink it hot with honey most of the days. I started with one cup now I'm up to 2 cups and sometimes 3. On some days I drink it cold with apple juice an it taste great. This is my second baby and I really hope it helps me have a better shorter labor. With my 1st baby it was a nightmare. It took me 13 years to get pregnant with my second so you can imagine. I have my fingers cross that this labor goes shorter and faster. Mean while I will continue enjoying my delicious tea.
#1156 of 2269 Old 03-15-2008, 11:13 PM

Hi! I'm new...but not new to pregnancy. I'm 24 weeks pregnant today and I wanted to start drinking RRL before 28 weeks so I wanted to order it in the next few days. I also plan to do the strong and hot mixture when I go into labor. I plan to have a VBAC!

I wanted to order some RRL's in bulk but I'm not sure how much to order.

On this web site https://www.bulkherbstore.com They offer 1/2 lb of RRL. Or you can buy Mama's Red Raspberry Brew which is a premixed * 8 parts Red Raspberry leaf - cut
* 3 parts Alfalfa herb - cut
* 3 parts Peppermint leaf - cut
* 2 parts Nettle leaf - cut

So should I order 1/2 lb or a whole lbs? Which is better just the RRL or the premixed?
#1157 of 2269 Old 03-15-2008, 11:21 PM

Is the Bulk Herb Store still run by the Pearls?

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#1158 of 2269 Old 03-15-2008, 11:36 PM

I honestly have no idea. Shoshanna is a mentioned name on the about us page.
#1159 of 2269 Old 03-16-2008, 01:07 PM

I'm...21 weeks I think? And I've been drinking RRL tea for a couple of weeks now. I let it steep for a long time (Traditional Medicinal tea bags), then add a bit of sugar and some lemon juice and put it in the fridge. I don't care for it warm, but I like a big glass when it is very cold. Quite refreshing.

I haven't been drinking it every single day, but once the weather warms up I think I will find the idea of drinking it cold every day more appealing.

Bookworm mom to three wonderful children. homeschool.gif
#1160 of 2269 Old 03-16-2008, 01:44 PM

I bought 2 pounds of RRT and 8 oz of Nettle. I re use my leafs for about 3 days so I that big 2 pound of bag is going to last me forever. I'm glad though that I bought the 2 pounds because I'm starting to do it a little stronger now and just re using the leaf twice. Maybe you should buy 1 pound, is better to have enough. Plus my husbands loves the tea and we drink it together every night.
#1161 of 2269 Old 03-16-2008, 08:11 PM

one oz of RRL and one pint of water? Man I just weighed out 1 oz.,... THATS ALOT of herb for one pint of water..

I am just making sure I am correct in my measurements.

#1162 of 2269 Old 03-17-2008, 04:12 AM

I read some where 3 tablespoons of dried leaves to 1 cup of water.

I guess it really just depends how strong you want it.
#1163 of 2269 Old 03-18-2008, 02:47 PM

mamade2:
I found that the RRL tea made me have Braxton Hicks, but I wonder if I had been having them all along but not strong enough to feel. RRL tones your uterus, which makes sense if it makes you have "practice contractions" - I started drinking one cup per day, steeped for 15 min, about 3 weeks from end of 2nd tri. I will be increasing to 2 cups per day this week.

#1164 of 2269 Old 03-28-2008, 12:51 AM

I forgot about this thread until today (6 months after having my baby!)

I started drinking RRL tea about a month before having him. I would usually just scoop about 1/2 cup RRL, 1/2 cup nettle, 1/4 cup peppermint. I know nettle is really high in minerals and supposed to prevent hemorrhage during or after labor, and the peppermint was really just for taste. Anyway, threw those in a pot of water, brought to a boil, then turned it off. I'd then strain that into a glass jar and drank it through the day (watering it down a bit)
I also did the super strong infusion during labor. I gulped down as much as possible. I'd say I drank about a cup worth, it was just so bitter!

Anyway, I had an amazing birth experience! I definitely believe in the power of herbs! This was my second birth (and second homebirth) but I didn't know about the tea with my first.

I was in active labor for about 2 hours, and he came right out in just a few pushes. No unbearable pain, no tearing, no excessive bleeding.

I also took blue and black cohosh ticture. I started the black a couple days before my due date (supposed to ripen cervix) and the blue I put into my tea the day I went into labor(the black cohosh is said to start labor, and it definitely did) . I had my son on his due date. I think that everything together helped me have a great labor. I know that these are powerful herbs and should be taken only if you feel confident with them and after doing some research and talking to your midwife about it.
I personally got great info from a book 'Wise Woman Herbal Childbearing year by Susun Weed.

Hope this info helps.

:-)
Jessica
#1165 of 2269 Old 03-28-2008, 11:07 AM

^What a great experience. The more I read this thread, the more I'm sure I need to drink RRL at the end!

Angela , wife to DH (Oct 1999), mother to DD (Oct 2008)
#1166 of 2269 Old 03-28-2008, 08:20 PM

i am 32 weeks and started drinking one cup of alvita rrl tea. i am not getting any bh contractions so i am wondering should i drink maybe 2 or three cups a day? i am following the directions of one tea bag per 6oz of water and letting it steep till its cold. then i just chug it because i don't enjoy the taste. i also am not sure how i will make the labor infusion. maybe i could take the tea bags and measure out one oz and then do the qater. any suggestions?
#1167 of 2269 Old 03-31-2008, 01:46 AM

This post is fascinating and I can't wait to use this info.
#1168 of 2269 Old 03-31-2008, 10:19 AM

I am really trying to remember to drink mine now, I was slacking there for awhile.

My favorite way now is to make a 3 quart batch with my Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker and add 1 cup of sugar. Its sooo good. I take the bags out and let them steep in the pitcher longer.

If I drink it hot I add honey though.

I found its more convenient to make bigger batches.

Mom of 3 sons and one daughter
#1169 of 2269 Old 03-31-2008, 04:09 PM

how many cups are you drinking a day?
#1170 of 2269 Old 04-01-2008, 08:55 AM

Hi Adtake: (and anyone else asking about Braxton HIcks after drinking RRL tea...)
My first several weeks of taking RRL tea (at the end of my second trimester, I started late), I would get increased Braxton/Hicks activity, but nothing alarming. I've been told this is completely natural-RRL is a "uterine tonic" - it tones your uterus. And just like any other muscle, you can't make it stronger without working it out...
I'm sure there are some people whose care providers have recommended against RRL, and by all means, do what they say if you trust their judgement. All I know is, I'm drinking it (with my midwife's full approval, RRL is FULL of iron, too), and will perhaps - still deciding-drink the mother-of-all RRL teas when I go into labour.
Good luck everyone!

Tags
Herb Pharm , New Mom Guide

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page