Red Raspberry Leaf Tea tribe - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-02-2006, 12:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good grief, Metasequoia -- are you going for the record here?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2006, 10:42 AM

No kidding... I heard about another Walmart birth last week (the parents were picking up the carseat from layaway ironically enough), so if you do shop there don't go near your due date.

Maybe you'll get one contraction in before baby comes!
Old 03-02-2006, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubianamy
Good grief, Metasequoia -- are you going for the record here?!?
I sit on a wool blanket in the car & travel with a birth kit! Little bugger was at zero station on Monday, I feel like I should wear a safety net around my crotch !

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
Old 03-02-2006, 08:01 PM

:

I can't wait to read your birth story once the little guy arrives!
Old 03-03-2006, 06:20 PM

I hope I can hop in here...I took RLT through trimester 2&3 and drank 3 cups a day during the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy. I didn't know about the strong infusion taken while in labor, I will try it next baby. I did want to suggest this though, I made a strong infusion and froze it in an ice cube tray and took that to the hospital (amongst other things in a cooler) to use instead of ice chips. The nurses never said anything to me about it, I put the ice cubes in a cup and sipped the melted iced tea...it was very refreshing.
Good Luck preggo ladies!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 06:45 PM

Hello, ladies. I'm not pregnant at the moment, hope to be TTC sometime in the near future, but am reading this thread with great interest.

I have used RRL during the one day of my period when I get cramps. It stops them right away.
I'm thinking of starting to drink it on a regular basis (for general uterine health) to gear up for when DH and I do TTC.

I had some pre-term labor with DD (lots of contractions during the third trimester), resulting me being on bedrest for sometime, so I don't know when I would begin to drink it during pregnancy. I did have a pretty quick labor with dd, only a few hours and pushed for less than 20 minute.

Before the pregnancy with dd, I also had a previous m/c at 6 weeks. When I was pregnant with dd, I had some spotting around the same time period (6-7 weeks) which scared the bejeezus out of me. Whether the RRL can help with that or not, I don't know.

But I'm just interested in women's health in general. And since I love teas, this is a very interesting topic to me. I hope to keep reading and learning about it here.

Thanks for letting me lurk around....

Loon

Loon , dh , dd , and twins ds1 dd2 **Thoughts become things. - Mike Dooley**
Old 03-04-2006, 01:42 AM

Just writing to say that I'm 25 weeks along & I've been taking the TM RRL tea, as well. I'm also hoping to have a VBAC this time around so I'm doing everything that I can to tone my uterus!
Old 03-04-2006, 02:04 AM

Hey all! i just found this thread and I hope it's ok if I join in...

I am pregnant with twins and just started drinking RRL tea a couple of weeks ago (I'm 32 weeks) It is interesting that I was having a lot of regular BH contractions prior to starting RRL, but they have pretty much stopped since I started drinking it...I haven't been able to find anything that talks about drinking RRL tea with twin pregnancies, but my midwife had twins and she drank it too, so she recommended it for this pregnancy

I drank RRL tea with my first pregnancy, and I have to tell you, my labor and delivery was wonderful and painless, despite being induced and on Pitocin the entire time (I had PIH, therefore the induction) I also used Hypnobirthing, so I don't know if it was the RRL tea or the Hypnobirthing, or a combination of the two that caused the childbirth to be painless. All I felt during contractions was the pressure of the contraction, no pain whatsoever!
Old 03-04-2006, 02:38 AM

Just joining this thread; its interesting!

I drank RRL thoughout my first pg., and had 3 cups a day of infusion in the last two months. During labour I drank melted ice cubes of infusion. It was great and I had a great labour. Lasted 4 hours with a beautiful babe - who's 2.5 and now drinks it with me this pg. - after all, why wouldn't he? He's partly made of RRL!!

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif
Old 03-04-2006, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia
I sit on a wool blanket in the car & travel with a birth kit! Little bugger was at zero station on Monday, I feel like I should wear a safety net around my crotch !

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06  (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  
Old 03-04-2006, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birth Junky
'On one ounce of raspberry leaves pour one pint of boiling water, cover and let steep for 30 minutes. Strain, and when the time for delivery is approaching drink the whole as hot as possible.'
Does "drink the whole" mean to eat the tea leaves also?

~Nay

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06  (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  
Old 03-04-2006, 07:26 PM

Eww, I'd hope not... and since it says "Strain, and when..." I assume they mean drink the whole thing in one sitting.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

(*sigh*) Have had to let my daily cup(s) of RRL tea fall by the wayside in the last few weeks . . . due to some concerns over baby's fluid levels, I have been instructed to super-hydrate, and have been drinking at least a gallon of water a day plus whatever electrolyte drinks I can get down as well. There's just no more room in my system for more fluids!

I AM going to try to get back on schedule, though; with three weeks to go until my due date (woo-hoo: 37 weeks today!), I want to do everything possible to prep for labor!
Old 03-08-2006, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Haven't read the whole thread yet, but wanted to ask -- I'm in Toronto, Ontario. Are there any other Canuck ladies here who have bought online in Canada? Or who have a store recommendation? I currently get TM Organic RRL as well as another brand (don't remember the name... the boxes have green and yellow on them, and a painting/drawing of the plant) for nettle and dandelion leaf, at Loblaws, but they seem sooooo pricey.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Old 03-09-2006, 06:27 PM

Hello, I have been waiting for the birth of my child to relate my RRL Tea Labor Story...
I was taking the tea off & on up to 33 weeks when I had to spend the night in the hospital with contractions. (prob. due to a fender bender the day B4)
So, Feb 14 (4 days past my due date) I woke up at 5am w/contractions 5 min. apart & went back to sleep. Woke up, still 5 min apart, drank a very strong large mug of RRL tea infusion. I let it steep 30 min. Spent the rest of the day @ 5 min apart but totally bearable. Drank another strong infusion later in the afternoon. Around 4:30/5 I went from 5 min apart to crazy strong contractions on top of each other! 30 min tough drive to the hospital, got there @ 7/8cm. full transition & Kaia was born 60 min later... I even had to wait for the MD to get there to push (she would have been born sooner) I think I pushed for 5 min? Anyway, with my first child we had quite the extended labor so I was looking for anything to help! I kept calling it my secret weapon! & I think it really made the difference.
Warning: It can really speed things up, so if you have a long ride to your birthing location, watch out! Also, I skipped alot of the midlabor pains. so, I went from "ok I can handle each of these" to the full blown end of labor pain, nothing inbetween to get me used to the worst pain. Thank goodness for our Bradley classes!
Anyway I wanted to share how it seemed to work for me.
Good Luck to you all! What a blessing our new babe is!
Old 03-09-2006, 10:07 PM

I didn't drink it the whole time - it gave me reflux. But for 4 days in a row during my 39th week I had one cup a day of Traditional Medicinals. I had my son yesterday - my first baby. I had really no dilation on Friday and no contractions until my water broke at 9:30 pm. He was born less than 5 hours later and I pushed for less than 30 minutes. I had zero afterpains, not even with nursing.

I highly recommend it.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:15 PM

I've gone from drinking a liter a day of a mixture of herbs, RRL, nettles, spearmint, etc. to strong infusions these past few days. I've been using RRL & Nettles & I make a realy strong brew & steep it overnight & then drink it cold.

I'm drinking the nettles for iron & vit K since we aren't giving the vit K shot. I hope RRL after birth will ease some of the after pains, they've gotten progressively worse with each child & they HURT!

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
Old 03-09-2006, 11:21 PM

I'm 37 weeks on Tuesday and I'll start drinking it daily then. I've had some sporadically through the 3rd trimester but I've had issues with an irritable uterus in the past and I had a labor scare yesterday (can't have a homebirth until 37 weeks) so I'm waiting. I don't know if starting drinking it that late will do anything, but any time I've drank it so far I've had stronger than normal BH.

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

Old 03-09-2006, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlepopsmom
Hello, I have been waiting for the birth of my child to relate my RRL Tea Labor Story...
I was taking the tea off & on up to 33 weeks when I had to spend the night in the hospital with contractions. (prob. due to a fender bender the day B4)
So, Feb 14 (4 days past my due date) I woke up at 5am w/contractions 5 min. apart & went back to sleep. Woke up, still 5 min apart, drank a very strong large mug of RRL tea infusion. I let it steep 30 min. Spent the rest of the day @ 5 min apart but totally bearable. Drank another strong infusion later in the afternoon. Around 4:30/5 I went from 5 min apart to crazy strong contractions on top of each other! 30 min tough drive to the hospital, got there @ 7/8cm. full transition & Kaia was born 60 min later... I even had to wait for the MD to get there to push (she would have been born sooner) I think I pushed for 5 min? Anyway, with my first child we had quite the extended labor so I was looking for anything to help! I kept calling it my secret weapon! & I think it really made the difference.
Warning: It can really speed things up, so if you have a long ride to your birthing location, watch out! Also, I skipped alot of the midlabor pains. so, I went from "ok I can handle each of these" to the full blown end of labor pain, nothing inbetween to get me used to the worst pain. Thank goodness for our Bradley classes!
Anyway I wanted to share how it seemed to work for me.
Good Luck to you all! What a blessing our new babe is!

Congtatulations!!!!

btw rrl tea is great for after the birth too!
Old 03-10-2006, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisen
Haven't read the whole thread yet, but wanted to ask -- I'm in Toronto, Ontario. Are there any other Canuck ladies here who have bought online in Canada? Or who have a store recommendation? I currently get TM Organic RRL as well as another brand (don't remember the name... the boxes have green and yellow on them, and a painting/drawing of the plant) for nettle and dandelion leaf, at Loblaws, but they seem sooooo pricey.
You can order RRL from the compleat mother mag. they sell really great tasting tea. 125g $12, 500g $35
403.522.0246 (calgary) or [email protected]

Or you could try Gaia Garden Herbals - they're in Vancouver and ship. Just google their name and the online store will come up.

HTH

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif
Old 03-10-2006, 07:18 PM

I was wondering....I am due on Sunday, my Dd's were both right on time, so I wouldn't be surprised if this one was too...

Anyhow, I made a strong brew (I think) in a liter jar with 3 bags of nettles & 3 bags of RRL (Yogi Tea.) I let it brew overnight, actually, the bags are still in there 24 hrs later. I had one cup this AM & another just now. Is this really a strong brew? I'm feeling kind of heavy, a tad crampy (but hey, I'm 2 days shy of 40 wks!) & I had a second bm this afternoon which is really not like me...I'm a morning only kind of gal .

I wouldn't mind having this babe tomorrow, it's Dp's b-day & he would love it! I know, I know, a babe comes when it's ready...

Cervically speaking, I'm ripe , now at 4cm, 90% & zero station. I wonder if this brew will do anything??? Ya think??

Old 03-10-2006, 07:56 PM

Metasequoia,

It sounded to me like the strong infusion helped most when you were actually in labor, but who knows, maybe it will help! Anyhow, I wanted to say GOOD LUCK!! I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 03-10-2006, 08:37 PM

Went back to the 1st page..

This is from the Raspberry Leaf Tea Story:

"There were a number of testimonials in the book written by women who had used this herb. Several took the strong solution over a period of time before going into labor. They were instructed in that case to take a wineglassful three times a day. They had 'only two stiff pains and it was all over' or 'no after pains and very slight before.' They never made it out of the house. Box's instructions were, 'But those who take the tea considerably before the time should not leave the house when the time is approaching as many mothers are delivered almost suddenly when at their work, to the great veaxtion of doctors and nurses.'

I couldn't remember the whole story, it was fun to go back & read, maybe I'll read through some of the earlier posts & see what happened with some mama's. Can't hurt to drink it!

Thanks for the well wishes L'lee .

Old 03-17-2006, 02:49 AM

I'm subbing now that I finally found you! I searched a long time last night before I got tired and went to bed
Old 03-20-2006, 07:33 PM

Quote:
I was wondering....I am due on Sunday, my Dd's were both right on time, so I wouldn't be surprised if this one was too...

Anyhow, I made a strong brew (I think) in a liter jar with 3 bags of nettles & 3 bags of RRL (Yogi Tea.) I let it brew overnight, actually, the bags are still in there 24 hrs later. I had one cup this AM & another just now. Is this really a strong brew? I'm feeling kind of heavy, a tad crampy (but hey, I'm 2 days shy of 40 wks!) & I had a second bm this afternoon which is really not like me...I'm a morning only kind of gal .

I wouldn't mind having this babe tomorrow, it's Dp's b-day & he would love it! I know, I know, a babe comes when it's ready...

Cervically speaking, I'm ripe , now at 4cm, 90% & zero station. I wonder if this brew will do anything??? Ya think??
Heh, heh, heh.. was holding babe exatly 9 hours after typing the above post!

Old 03-20-2006, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Heh, heh, heh.. was holding babe exatly 9 hours after typing the above post!
Well that does it. I am steeping my tea overnight and having a nice strong cup of it in the morning.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:54 PM

subbing.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:00 PM

i'm thinking ahead to when the weather warms up about how i'll be preparing iced RRL tea. for some reason i'm questioning putting honey in the jar while the tea is steeping overnight. i mean, it shouldn't interfere with the process or make the infusion less potent, right? i just really like it with a smidge of honey and it's not going to dissolve well once the tea is cold...

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

Old 03-20-2006, 10:26 PM

I would also like to join this tribe.

I guess maybe I'm a little far along to just now be starting this. today I am 28 weeks. But this sounds great!
Old 03-21-2006, 12:03 PM

My local Whole Foods is transitioning the brand of loose herbs they carry and are OUT of RRL, and I only have a little left... I decided to try it in tablet form... Anyone else try it in pill form? I am in week 39 and was planning on stepping up my steep time/ amount anyhow. Any idea how many mg one needs in order for it to be effective?

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

Tags
Herb Pharm , New Mom Guide
User Tag List