Red Raspberry Leaf Tea tribe - Page 76 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#2251 of 2269 Old 12-20-2013, 04:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

this is a great post

i've always drunk raspberry leaf tea while pregnant and i've had lovely home-births

though i hadn't read about the dose to take when in labour 

i think i'll do it this time and i must check out the book too

i wonder how much it would be on amazon ?

thank you

jane28edelweiss likes this.
#2252 of 2269 Old 12-28-2013, 06:21 PM

Anyone need or want some free organic RRL?  

I have ordered WAY too much RRL (organic) from mountain rose herbs. My fault for over ordering, but I figured I'd offer it up if anyone wants some!  I have about 4 gallon sized zip-lock bags full of the stuff in my freezer, I'm looking to get rid of maybe one or two of them.

Let me know. It'd be way easier to hand off to someone semi-local, so if you're in NYC / NJ, or are traveling here soon, let me know.

Mac + Nick Expecting someone new in late June 2014.  Remembering our 3    1 * * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * *  40 * * 43
#2253 of 2269 Old 12-30-2013, 05:27 AM

I personally think it's drinking it throughout pregnancy that's helped more than the labor drink. I just cannot drink it that strong - esp in labor! I didn't even try w/my first and had a 6hr very intense and painful birth. With #2 I drank much more in pregnancy, and a little strong infusion at the beginning (but I'm nauseated from the start of contractions so can't really fathom drinking more than a few sips which I did). It was a much simpler 4hr process. With #3 I'm drinking it the same as w/the last pregnancy, a lot! I'm gonna try mixing it w/peppermint for my birth drink to see if that helps me drink some. But if it's anything like the last ones I definitely don't need anything to make this birth more rushed! 

electricalaskan- I agree, it does so much more than speed a birth, we have to remember how nourishing it is for us and our babies and let our births be what they will! It's so hard to have birth expectations not met, I think many of us go through this and so glad you were able to find peace :)

jane28edelweiss likes this.

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#2254 of 2269 Old 12-30-2013, 11:51 AM

@yippiehippie, you are so right. The worst thing anyone can do to herself is set expectations for a certain type of birth. Now, having an *ideal* birth is one thing, but setting *expectations* is a whole other thing, because the only thing that only ever comes from expectations not being met is the feeling of failure. And the only way you can ever fail at being pregnant or being a mommy is not trying your best, not nourishing your baby, and/or not caring for your baby. And the last thing any woman giving birth should feel failure about are the things she cannot control. In the meantime, RRL is a great way to feel at peace and really stay healthy, no matter what the outcome smile.gif Thank you for your kind words!
#2255 of 2269 Old 12-31-2013, 10:03 AM

@electricalaskan - My story is very similar to yours and I have a great recovery from the C-section. I didn't even think about the red raspberry possibly helping with that.

I didn't drink tea though, I took these... http://www.naturessunshine.com/us/product/red-raspberry-100-caps/sku-560.aspx?sponsor=3201097

If/when I get pregnant again I will use the red raspberry again and hope the a VBAC!!
#2256 of 2269 Old 01-06-2014, 10:15 AM

So happy to find this tribe! 18 weeks pregnant and need to start adding this tea to my daily routine.
#2257 of 2269 Old 01-06-2014, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

electricalaskan, I am so happy your baby arrived safely. Congrats on your little girl! I feel like the hardest part in anticipating birth is that we can't possibly know how it will go. I hope I am able to be as accepting as you when my time comes. I had wanted a homebirth but will be going to the hospital so I feel it's already not gone how I wanted and it's still 2.5 months away! So I'm going to start taking your advice now. I am so glad that the RRL has helped your recovery! I feel like it probably helps more than we can even see toning the uterus behind the scenes. You are right about the RRL tea ritual being enjoyable. If I miss a day I am craving it the next! Enjoy your little girl! I can't wait until mine is here. :)

belly.gifGoing to be a mama! stork-girl.gif March '14
#2258 of 2269 Old 01-07-2014, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I drank red raspberry leaf tea throughout all of my pregnancies. I do not know if it helped or not, but my babies were all born healthy at home.

You should know there are two varieties of red raspberry leaf tea according the The Herb Book by John Lust. 

There is rubus strigosus and rubus ideaus.

Rubus ideaus is a refrigerant for fevers.

Rubus strigosus is the kind recommended for pregnant women. I have not been able to find it since I had my last baby, but according to the herbalists, that is the variety for pregnant women.

This came from The Herb Book by John Lust, ND. His father, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benedict_Lust

http://www.amazon.com/Herb-Book-John-Lust/dp/0553267701/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1394834648&sr=1-1&keywords=the+herb+book+john+lust

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#2259 of 2269 Old 01-07-2014, 04:23 PM

Started it and will continue to drink it as recommended. Thanks!!!
#2260 of 2269 Old 01-10-2014, 02:42 PM

Ah! What!? I've been drinking the ideaus variant for weeks and weeks and I'm 37 weeks now! 

Are you sure?
Where did this info come from?

#2261 of 2269 Old 01-11-2014, 11:46 AM

@newlypregnant You'll do great smile.gif Keep drinking the tea and thinking lots and lots of positive thoughts! Just know your rights in a hospital, be kind to yourself, and everything will turn out well. I'm thankful that I ended up going with a hospital birth due to what ended up happening with my birth. (Definitely not saying that other alternatives are bad—it just worked out a certain way for my individual path.) You're going to enjoy the outcome no matter what smile.gif
#2262 of 2269 Old 01-20-2014, 10:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have made it into a sun tea and added cubes of fresh ginger and oranges to the jar and poured it over ice... it is much more palatable that way I have found. Coincidently I drank it regularly during my 2nd pregancy and it was my easiest delivery, by far.

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#2263 of 2269 Old 01-22-2014, 07:32 AM

Hi, I'm so intrigued by this.  I'm TTC #1 via IVF and am currently waiting for AF to start the process.  Is there any time that is too soon to start the tea?

Thanks and happy baby to all of you!

Me (38), single parent by choice and transgender, TTC #1 via IVF.  

tried unsuccessfully via BD in '01 and unsuccessfully via ICI in '11. Endometriosis, ovarian cysts, anovulation, oh my... left fallopian tube removed in '12. now on to IVF.  my IVF journey is at pride-of-lions.blogspot.com

#2264 of 2269 Old 03-14-2014, 01:22 PM

I'm 14 weeks pregnant with babe #2 and I've been drinking a cup of RRL tea here and there.  So far I just have the teabags from Traditional Medicinals.  I usually let it steep 10-15 minutes. 

After reading others thoughts on the taste of the tea, I'm wondering if mine isn't good - it tastes to me like a very mild black tea.  Like if you took your average plain tea and steeped it just a minute or two.  Not at all a strong flavor.  I did get the tea at a discount store, but the expiration date was fine.  I was planning to order some from Mountain Rose Herbs after I use the two boxes I bought, but now I'm wondering if mine isn't what it should be and I should just get rid of it?

I'd appreciate any thoughts...

me + v + baby girl

#2265 of 2269 Old 03-14-2014, 05:32 PM

Mine only tastes bitter/strong when I make the actual labor drink (1 oz. tea in 2 cups water steeped for 30 minutes.) It's like the equivalent to putting 6 tea bags in your tea cup. When I use the same tea to make a regular cup to drink during pregnancy, it tastes fine.

applejuice likes this.
#2266 of 2269 Old 04-12-2014, 11:28 AM

Sorry if this has been asked/answered.....

Where is the best place to order the bulk herb from?

Thank you!

applejuice likes this.
#2267 of 2269 Old 04-12-2014, 02:13 PM

I get mine from www.mountainroseherbs.com .

#2268 of 2269 Old 04-12-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea75 View Post

I get mine from www.mountainroseherbs.com .

I looked there but cannot  find just red raspberry. I am not looking for a blend.

Thank you.

#2269 of 2269 Old 04-12-2014, 03:19 PM

I just checked and I realized they don't call it "Red" Raspberry, it's just called Raspberry Leaf. You can look under "R" in the bulk herbs and spices section (it's the first herb listed there), search for Raspberry Leaf in the search or search for the botanical name Rubus idaeus. It looks like it's $9.00 for a pound. Raspberry Leaf is so light and fluffy that a pound is a pretty big bag.

applejuice and ElektraofMars like this.

Tags
Herb Pharm , New Mom Guide

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page