anybody have the runs a lot while pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-04-2005, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 6 weeks. I had it from week 3-5, then a break and now since at least sunday. What is going on? Everything runs right through me. My nurse said my gallbladder might be excreting more enzymes.

What am I gonna do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2005, 09:12 PM

Yeah, I have it. It is how my body adapts to pregnancy. It subsides for me when the morning sickness goes away.

ND

Mama to 3 daughters, expecting #4chicken3.gif

Old 10-05-2005, 01:11 AM

Me TOOO! Well, not th"runs" exactly but it's pretty soft (OK, TMI). I think it's definately hormones because usually right before my period I'd get a case of the soft poops and I always new AF was on her way.

It seems like it's just the hormones wreaking havoc on our digestive systems,..although, with consitipation being such a problem in late pregnancy maybe we shouldn't complain!
Old 10-05-2005, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty Dingo
Yeah, I have it. It is how my body adapts to pregnancy. It subsides for me when the morning sickness goes away.
Same here. I always assumed it was part of hyperemesis. It makes sense to me that if pregnancy hormones can make you vomit it can come out the other end too.

Kath contented vegan mama to my trio of free-range boys
Permaculture Design Student & Wannabe Urban Homesteader
Old 10-05-2005, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll
My nurse said my gallbladder might be excreting more enzymes.
Maybe that's why I don't have any of this problem. I had to have my gallbladder removed because of gallstones (they just remove it since gallstones are so persistent) even though I've never been pregnant before now.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:44 PM

I really don't know why it happens, and no other PG women I've known (except here on MDC) have had this problem...but I sure do! Had yucky diarrhea all the 1st trimester w/ DS. I've had it with this PG, too, and it's not over yet at 15 weeks. I'm counting the minutes. It sure is hard to gain weight when nothing stays put inside me.

Christine , wife of Ron , mama to Tony (4-25-03) and Maria (3-19-06) :
Old 10-05-2005, 02:54 PM

I'm almost 20 weeks and even though I haven't had much in the way of "diarrhea", there has definitely been a shift to the softer side of things. I drink plenty of water so it can't be that. I know that all of my muscles are relaxed due to the Relaxin pumping through my body. I just assumed it had something to do with that... my intestines aren't working things over as efficiently as they once did. Just a guess, I'm no doctor!

It turns out that moderation is the key to good parenting.  Too bad we aren't allowed to talk about that here.

Old 10-05-2005, 04:47 PM

I vaccilate between constipation and the trots. I have IBS, though, so that's fairly normal for me. I haven't been too bothered by the constipation part of it - it's kind of a relief from my normal situation.

Weary SuperMama superhero.gifto my  amazing neurodiverse 6 y.o. DD hearts.gif and to my on-the-go neurotypical 3 y.o. DS wild.gif

Old 10-05-2005, 06:27 PM

I haven't had the runs a lot, but did occasionally. I've read that many pregnant women have sort of on-going constipation, but that has not been something I've experienced. My business tends to be soft (with occasional bouts of diahrrea) and to come out three times a day in small bits, like clockwork.

Perhaps there are some pregnant women who tend away from constipation and more toward diarrhea? Are a lot of us vegetarian? Do a lot of us eat a lot of fiber? Could those things be factors? I'm just throwing around ideas.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:39 PM

I do this time,but haven't in any of my past 3 1/3 pregnancies!ARG!Could be nursing so much,but I think I nursed more through my last pregnancy,so maybe not...

:::

User Tag List