35 weeks..baby still flipping head up/head down.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-07-2005, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
when(if ever) should i get worried that baby will be breech? my first was posterior till labor started, but head down from about 32 weeks on i believe.. this little one likes to sit head up sometimes.. often its head down though.. at every MW appt baby has been in perfect birthing possition..

its uncomfortable when she is head up because she kicks me so hard down near my cervix that i seriously jump when it happens..

i feel like i still have a few weeks for it to be okay..im sitting on my birth ball lots..trying not to sit on the couch or anything to encourage breech presentation, but my tailbone has been really sore so im wondering if i should go see my massage therapist or chiro to make sure something in my body isn't making it uncomfy for baby to be head down...

any words of advice?

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2005, 08:07 AM

Are you SURE she's turning the full 180 degrees and going head-up again? I'm getting movements that feel like a rotation, but the hiccups stay the same.
And in answer to the question- worry at 36 weeks if your midwife notices and doesn't deliver breech babies at home, otherwise not until your waters break or you're almost fully dilated. If she has room to turn one way, she has room to turn the other.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:33 PM

it wouldn't hurt to check in with a chiropractor trained in webster (if there's one in your area). s/he can massage your ligaments and release anything that might be preventing the baby from settling into a vertex position.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

its funny you mention hiccups because thats how i can tell.. that and the kicks.. sometimes i get hiccups right under my ribbs so i know that she is head up.. this morning the hiccups were low down again so sometime in the night she flipped back around..i havnt talked to my MW about it mostly because baby has always been in perfect position at my checkups..i think i will check out and see if there is a chiro who does webster technique around here..

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 10-07-2005, 03:10 PM

With all 3 of my girls they flipped a lot. Though my first did finally settle down at the end. The last 2 flipped right up to birth but for birth where head down.

We didnt worry about it, i just have active babies and I guess they have plenty of room to turn.

User Tag List