What the heck is happening to me?!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-31-2002, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am totally confused as to what's going on with my body. This morning I was having some pretty severe pain--felt like a ripping sensation up through my vagina. I though maybe it was a UTI. I did clean for 13 hrs. yesterday and didn't drink very much water. But I laid in the tub for a while and felt better so I went out and did some shopping. When I got back I was exhausted. So I went to pee, wiped well, and laid down. Two minutes later I was soaked--it was like water, and didn't smell. I thought maybe it was amniotic fluid leaking so I called my midwife. She said to watch it and if that's what it was I would probably go into labor in 24 hrs. So I laid back down for 2 hrs. get up to fix supper and nothing. No pain, no wetness, no contractions. What's happening to me?? I'm not ready to have the baby yet, still have to much that has to get done. So I know I'm not just being silly and anxious. Any suggestions????
#2 of 4 Old 12-31-2002, 07:27 PM

how far along are you gaia????
#3 of 4 Old 12-31-2002, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

I'm 35-36 wks. I am supposedly at risk for going into labor early because of cervical cancer.
#4 of 4 Old 01-01-2003, 06:03 AM
XM

Sounds to me like perhaps you may have had a break in your amniotic sac that re-sealed itself... take it easy the next few days and see what happens. An amniotic sac leak *can* re-seal if you stay mellow, especially if your nutrition is good. At 35-36 weeks the baby should be okay if you do end up going into labor, although in my state I think you are 'supposed' to be 37 weeks to homebirth (not sure what your plans are for the birth). Hopefully this will pass and you and babe will have a few more weeks to get ready.

Of course, I am no midwife, but that is really the only explanation I could think of for what you described...
XM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page