April mamas - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 96 Old 02-03-2003, 07:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the info, busybusymoma. I'll go check it out.

bunny
#62 of 96 Old 02-03-2003, 11:09 PM

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have GD!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can still birth at the Birthing Center, I'm so relieved.

Thanks for all your support (as always)~

Lisa

Lisa, Todd, Dane and Amber: & :::
#63 of 96 Old 02-03-2003, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by lisamarie
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have GD!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can still birth at the Birthing Center, I'm so relieved.

Thanks for all your support (as always)~

Lisa
Lisa! I SO glad to hear it! A birthing center birth sounds fine!
#64 of 96 Old 02-03-2003, 11:26 PM

I am VERY happy for you,Lisa! Phew what a relief,huh?!?

Linda
"wonder twins" EDD 4/6/03
#65 of 96 Old 02-04-2003, 07:23 AM

lisa- The banana is very excited for you

and so are we all

more later,
bunny
#66 of 96 Old 02-04-2003, 11:55 AM

Awwwwww, thanks everyone! Hey and BTW, after our wee ones arrive, we should continue this (April Babies) over at Life w/a Babe!

Hugs~

Lisa

#67 of 96 Old 02-04-2003, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey and BTW, after our wee ones arrive, we should continue this (April Babies) over at Life w/a Babe!
Sounds like a plan!
#68 of 96 Old 02-06-2003, 08:02 PM

Hey there April Mamas! I haven't checked in in ages, but I've been reading the threads and keeping up with all of you! I've just been sooooo utterly exhausted, I need to sleep whenever DS does, which doesn't leave much online time.

Glad to read that everyone is doing well! We're really getting there, aren't we?

I'm feeling well (besides the exhaustion!)...and starting to get prepared for our homebirth. Our hypnobirthing class starts next week, which I'm thrilled about. Unfortunately, I've only managed to gain about 10 lbs, and I'm consistenly measuring 3 weeks smaller than I am (I"m sure about my dates), so my midwife is leaving it up to us whether or not we want an ultrasound. I havent' decided--I was very small with DS as well, and he was an early, big baby! I'm feeling confident that everything is fine this time too!

We're *almost* decided on names: Ezra George for a boy, and Hazel Margaret for a girl. The girls name seems to be changing everyday, though! LOL!

Keep on hanging in there, Mamas! We're close!
#69 of 96 Old 02-06-2003, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry to hear you're so tired, MamaMae...

I'm pretty small too, but I measured 28cm at 28w3d. I've gained approx. six pounds total. Midwives are so cool! My former OB group would probably be spazzing out... they're so weird. I honestly think if you're eating well, sleeping good etc that you will gain what you need to gain (barring some kind of physical problem, sickness etc) and so will the baby! Guess you can tell I'm pretty hands off. LOL

I hear so many great things about Hypnobirthing...

Oh, and cool names!

Michelle
#70 of 96 Old 02-08-2003, 12:47 AM

yippee! count me as another april mama with a negative GD screen. hooray. i got a 99 and the "normal" range is 70-140, so i was clearly in the normal range. that's just one more worry off my plate.

had my last hypnobirthing session yesterday which was great. now i just keep listening to the tapes and chillin' out and things will go great. had a little vision of our babe as a boy and he told me his name was natan (which was my grandfather's hebrew name, the one we have chosen for a boy baby). hmmmmm.......
#71 of 96 Old 02-08-2003, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter

Good!

Glad we're so healthy! inky
#72 of 96 Old 02-08-2003, 12:19 PM

Oh I'm so glad to hear~such a relief huh???

Take Care~

Lisa

#73 of 96 Old 02-09-2003, 12:39 AM

Glad to hear everyone's getting great GD results!!!

I do mine next week...we're doing the home test, I don't really know much about it, though. Fingers crossed that all goes well!

busybusymomma--your six pounds is encouraging! I only gained 14 with my first pregnancy, and with a three week early babe, he was still over 7 lbs. So I'm feeling confident that this is just how I make babies! Luckily my midwife has the same confidence. I just wish everyone else on the street would stop saying "you're so small...is everything okay?".....man, that drives me bonkers!!!:

Hey, is anyone else doing a belly cast? When? We haven't decided if we should just do it ourselves or have it done professionally yet. Last time I waited too long, and the baby came before the belly cast appointment!
#74 of 96 Old 02-09-2003, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by MamaMae
busybusymomma--your six pounds is encouraging! I only gained 14 with my first pregnancy, and with a three week early babe, he was still over 7 lbs. So I'm feeling confident that this is just how I make babies! Luckily my midwife has the same confidence. I just wish everyone else on the street would stop saying "you're so small...is everything okay?".....man, that drives me bonkers!!!:

Hey, is anyone else doing a belly cast? When? We haven't decided if we should just do it ourselves or have it done professionally yet. Last time I waited too long, and the baby came before the belly cast appointment!
Oh boy... I'd love to do a belly cast, but I doubt it will actually happen. As it is, dh is in bed now and won't get up until a few hours before he leaves for work tonight and I know it's something I'll need help with. To have it professionally done, I bet I'd have to drive to Indianapolis or Chicago. :

I am pretty small... maybe even smaller than with my first pg. Of course, this time I'm eating better and getting exercise. I doubt I would have gained 30lbs last time if I hadn't been working full-time at a 'sit at a desk job'. Now I work 30 hrs/wk, but I'm on my feet most of the time and then I get home and chase dd around! :LOL I must say exercising has made this pregnancy go so much better! I highly recommend it!

PS- mamamae, let us know how your home test goes!
#75 of 96 Old 02-12-2003, 03:14 AM

Hi you all!

I'm so glad tests are coming back okay so far

Not to be naive, but what's a belly cast?

I definitely feel the difference this time around with regular excercise, dd and I walk around an hour every day (okay, not every day, but basically 5 days/week). I feel way energized for this birth .

That and I kind of want my body back already. It's conflicting, you know? I love how I feel, but I would also love not to get up so many times at night for the bathroom: You can't really pick and choose with pregnancy. You either are or you aren't, LOL.

Take care all,

bunny
#76 of 96 Old 02-12-2003, 11:55 AM

Here are some links that show some great belly casts and they sell the kits: www.embellyshments.com and www.thebirthsource.homestead.com

Basically you are making a plaster mold of your torso. I didn't do one w/my ds (didn't know about them), so this time my sister is having a "belly casting" shower for me. Just a few of my close friends and her to help me cast and then they are bringing food for our freezer

Take Care~

Lisa

#77 of 96 Old 02-12-2003, 12:47 PM

I just relized that I am 8 weeks from my due date!

ahhhhhh, there is still so much to do. I am having my baby shower this Sunday, flying to seattle for a week at the end of Feb. and i still need to hire some one to take my place for a month. I plan to work till my water breaks, but I actually am bigger that with my first child, so things are getting harder for me to do. So maybe I will take leave a week early?

Wow I remember when I hit 8 weeks, and thought I have plenty of time for everthing. Oh well. I a,m hoping to convice my boss to let me work from home starting in April so i do not have to wory about busting my water at work. I think then my boss would have to ride in the abulance, she gets over whelmed by the littlest things, so if my water broke here I am sure she would loose it. Or she might try and carry my out.

Who knows, but it would be nice to set up at home for a couple months.

When did or are you having your showers?
#78 of 96 Old 02-12-2003, 02:51 PM

last time we did the belly cast at 28 weeks, due to the scheduling of a belly casting party with our local homebirth collective (the next one was past my due date). its painted (by me) blue with clouds and butterflies and hangs in our bedroom. BTW, there are DIY belly casting instructions in "birthing from within."

mamamae, gooooooooooooooood vibes to you for your GD test.

oh bunny, i am waking 3-5 times per night to pee. it's driving me CRAZY. i don't remember peeing this much with dd, but dh says i did. funny how fast we forget.

no shower this time. my friend (due in march) and i are throwing ourselves a baby blessing/welcoming ceremony on march 2nd. i am VERY excited to do something sacred with all women, something geared more towards me than the baby (we have everything we need for the babe, but i'm sure feeling like i could use a dose of the sacred to bring me into the proper birthin' space).
#79 of 96 Old 02-12-2003, 05:31 PM

Starfire, I know what you mean about the time kicking in all of a sudden! I just realized that if this babe is born when DS was (37 wks), that's just 7 weeks from now! I am soooo not ready!!

Thanks for the reminder about the belly casting info in BFW, bunny's mama. I had forgotten that! I think we're going to wait a few more weeks to do it (my belly's still so small!), send DS off to my mom's, and have DS do it. I thought it would be a good chance for us to connect/focus on the babe for atleast an evening! Our hypnobirthing class starts in a few weeks--I can't wait to get in the "birth zone" that I feel soooo far from right now!

My midwife seems to have "forgotten" about the GD test for the past two visits. Hmmnn...I wonder if I should just "forget" about it too!

I can't remember, who else out there will be tandem nursing? I'm getting slightly freaked about that. We've been talking about how much milk babies need with DS, who just turned 2, and this morning, he very clearly said, "Baby eats Cows Milk, MINE eat Mama milk." Eeks! He's in for a shock!

I *think* I'm having a Blessingway. I should find out for sure, because if no one's giving me one, I'm going to just throw one myself! Good thinkin' Bunny's Mama!

Take care, all!
#80 of 96 Old 02-12-2003, 07:45 PM

Hey Starfire~

I'm near Seattle, let me know when you are coming in! I also just realized that I'm 9 wks. away ! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN???

Monday night, I took a great prenatal exercise class at the Y, but stretched to far (it felt great though) and yesterday I was hurting. Luckily, I had a massage scheduled today, so I'm feeling much better now. Anyone else having a hard time working out? I'm still doing my step aerobics class, but its getting harder. She has already dropped some and it just feels heavier.

Since its been almost 7 years since my last baby and this is a girl, our best friend is throwing me a shower on March 2nd. Then later that month, my sister is having a belly casting/food party for me. We are also having some pregnancy photos taken on March 2nd.

Take Care Everyone~

Lisa

#81 of 96 Old 02-12-2003, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Hello all!

I like the idea of a belly cast, but I have the feeling we'll never get around to it. Dh is on third shift and I'm still working 25-30hr/wk... it will be next weekend before we go out on a 'date' for Valentine's Day. :

MamaMae- I'm not doing the GD test or the group b strep test. I decided at about 34ish weeks I'll start rinsing with a GSE solution after using the potty instead of wiping to kill any bacteria/germies. I'm looking like I'll have another small baby and have no indicators for GD, so the backup doctor gave me the okay to skip that test.

I too am realizing how close we are. I figure as soon as six weeks from now and as late as 12 weeks from now. I'm trying to decide if I want to quit work at 36 weeks or 37. I would quit at 36 weeks, but another week's pay would be nice. Money will be super tight for us after I quit working... thank God I'm smart enough to cloth diaper and breastfeed! We'll save lots of money that way!
#82 of 96 Old 02-13-2003, 01:29 AM

we are not going to be among the tandem nursers. my dd weaned in september at 23 mos. mostly on her own, but with some definite gentle encouragement from me...as i knew i did not want to tandem nurse, and wanted to therefore have her weaned completely months before baby's arrival so it wouldn't look to her as though baby took "her" milky. now she says "my milky all gone. boobies make milky for baby." just in general, though, we talk a lot about how newborn babies cry a lot and they want to nurse ALL THE TIME, and how the baby won't be able to do very much at first.

lisa, working out??? what's that? i can barely walk a block without having the feeling that i'm gonna pee all over myself (and i always pee right before i leave the house!!!) we moved to the beach about 3 months ago, so i try hard to walk dd to the beach a few times a week, but it's hard. mostly i'm on the Toddler Mama Exercise Plan (i.e. chase toddler, burn calories)

oooh, mamamae, i didn't know you were gonna do hypnobirthing. i am SOOOOO excited for you. i've been doing it for about 3 months now and it's really working. after a 38 hour labor with dd (a homebirth that ended up with a non-emergency transport to the hospital) i am actually LOOKING FORWARD to birthing again because of hypnobirthing. i feel like i have some great tools this time that will make things way different.
#83 of 96 Old 02-13-2003, 06:00 AM

We will most likely tandem nurse. Ddhas cut back a bit on nursing and is much more adventursome with food nowadays, but she is just shy of a yr now and I can't imagine not nursing her longer. And I anticipate her wanting to nurse as much as baby does when it comes, so she may temporarily give up food in favor of major nursing. I think we need a bfing smiley.

The time has creeped up on me, too. I can't believe how close we are and will welcome a brand new person to our lives very soon. It gives me shivers every time I think of a PERSON inside me that will be it's own person soon, with its own choices and path. KWIM? It's all potential now, and soon it will be actual, interacting with the world in a big way. Blows my mind every time.

I think it's time to meditate,

bunny
#84 of 96 Old 02-13-2003, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Oh... I forgot to answer the other two questions! :

We won't be tandem nursing either... Elana self weaned at 20 months. I was prepared to tandem nurse, but she just gradually slowed nursing until it was like twice/week and then no more. After that, I cannot imagine weaning a baby/toddler before they're ready! It was so easy and painless with absolutely no engorgement. I still work and I think that made a difference in her 'early' weaning.

I'm still exercising three times/wk. The reason I've kept up with it though is because I go with my mom... she picks me up at 6:45a and my brother watches Elana while we do our work out (dh doesn't get home until after 7:15a from work). I hate dragging myself out of bed to do it, but it has made a tremendous difference... I have less aches and pains and just generally feel better. Not to mention my weight gain is better this time.
#85 of 96 Old 02-13-2003, 11:46 AM

:LOL! yes, still exercising. I have a routine of dropping my ds off at school and immediately going to the YMCA for about 3 years. It keeps me fit and gives me energy. At my last appt. my midwife kinda gave me a bad time about my weight (need to gain more). I'm actually only weighing 2 pds. less now than I did w/my ds. But I'm very small and had a SGA baby the first time.

My appetitie has dropped off though~seems like there is less and less room in there!!!!!!!!!!!! And sleep, I was up from about 1:00 am until I got up at 6ish this morning. Just can't get comfortable.

Warmly~

Lisa

#86 of 96 Old 02-13-2003, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
But I'm very small and had a SGA baby the first time.
okay, I'll blame it on preggo brain... what's SGA?
#87 of 96 Old 02-13-2003, 02:25 PM

Does your babies kick your stomaches?

Oh if I eat to much, it lets me know. It will kick and kick my stomach till I hurt , And always 15-20 minutes after i eat something it must be getting it, because then it is moving around so muc I get motion sickness. Never had Morning sickness, but now I think this is how is must feel. :

I to do not sleep much through the night. I am up three times to pee, and twice more, once to get up from putting ds down, and once to tell DP to move to the other room! I can not stand to sleep next to him now. He wants to cuddle and hold me, but man then the baby kicks and I can't sleep, and he is so warm that it bugs me.

So for him he can't wait for 8 weeks to be up, and me i can wait a little more. I still have tons to do!
#88 of 96 Old 02-13-2003, 08:58 PM

My baby girl is kicking as we speak! SGA is small for gestional age. My ds was 5 lbs. 14 oz. and was almost a week late (and I knew when I conceived too). But I was also a SGA (4 lbs. 7 oz. and born on my EDD!), so I think we just have small babies in our family.

Warmly~

Lisa

#89 of 96 Old 02-13-2003, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
My baby girl is kicking as we speak! SGA is small for gestional age. My ds was 5 lbs. 14 oz. and was almost a week late (and I knew when I conceived too). But I was also a SGA (4 lbs. 7 oz. and born on my EDD!), so I think we just have small babies in our family.

Warmly~

Lisa
Ah... makes sense! My dd was small too, but not quite that small! LOL 6lb 2oz at 38 weeks. I'm quite sure she wouldn't have been more than 7lbs at 40w for sure. I actually doubt I would have gone any longer than 38w even if I hadn't been induced because there was no more room and I was lying around dialated 3cm 80%. I think if I hadn't been on bedrest just normal activity would have sent me over the edge into active labor. : The joys of an OB who is scared of malpractice!
#90 of 96 Old 02-17-2003, 04:30 AM

Oh, man I have had some sort of bug lately

during the day I am pretty much fine, but for the past couple of nights my stomach has been rolling and I can't lie down comfotably, even. Poor dd doesn't sleep well with dh so she has been up all night also, which leads to exhausting days...I hope it passes soon. I don't know whether to eat or not eat, because dd nurses still, so I want there to be something for her nurse.

Wish me pleasant sleep, PLEASE

bunny

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page