April mamas - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-17-2003, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hope you had a good nights sleep last night and got some rest!

Hugs~

Lisa

Lisa, Todd, Dane and Amber: & :::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2003, 06:28 PM

Oh, bunny, I hope you're feeling better soon! It's no fun being sick, especially with a babe in your belly!

I'm a little bummed...my midwife is reccomending (but not insisting--she rocks!) that we do an ultrasound. I'm now measuring 3.5 cm smaller than I "should" be at this point. Though the growth pattern has been consistent, it's been consistently small! She's confident that everything's fine, but would feel more comfortable with the reassurance of an ultrasound, and at this point, I kind of agree. I'm a little dissapointed--I really didn't want an ultrasound (or to pay for it!)...but I think it will make us all feel better.

Now we have to decide if we want to find out the sex. Arrghh! I'm horrible with temptation!

On a much better note, some friends of mine just asked if I wanted a blessingway. Yeah!!! I'm so thrilled--I wasn't sure I was going to have one.

Take care, Mamas!
Old 02-17-2003, 07:12 PM

Sending out healthy baby vibes to everyone here!!!

yesterday, first thing in the morning while laying in bed, I actually had 2 REAL contractions! I'm only 32 wks. today. I also felt a bit "off".

Anyone experienced this before???

Hugs~

Lisa

Lisa, Todd, Dane and Amber: & :::
Old 02-18-2003, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

Aw, sorry to hear you're not feeling too great Bunny!

MamaMae- Let us know if you decide to do the u/s. If I hadn't found out at 19w we were having a boy I wouldn't have found out the sex (I didn't want to, dh did). This close to the end I would hate to spoil the suprise, ya know? inky Enjoy your blessingway!

Lisa- I get whopper contractions some days (usually the days where I get up at 6:30a, eat a bowl of cereal, work out for 40 min, stretch, take a shower, eat another bowl of cereal and go to work. By about 3p so I'm so tired I get a handful of contractions until I get off work at 5p).

Because of those contractions, I may look into reducing my hours at work if possible. : I work at a Library, so funding is horribly low but they need all the staff they can get too. Either way, I'll be a SAHM in about six weeks for sure.
Old 02-18-2003, 06:03 AM

Well guys, here's a pretty gross update.
I vomited yesterday and could tell what I had eaten for the past three days
But I felt much better afer that and a nice nap. I wonder what I had eaten? So hopefully I'm back to normal and all systems are go.

We had an ultrasound and told the tech we didn't want to know the sex, and he kept saying things like, "so no boys at home, huh" after we had specifically told him we have one child and she is a girl. He said that around three times, so now I think we're having a boy.

Do you think he was just trying to mislead us, or was he really dropping clues?

Thanks for the health vibes

bunny
Old 02-18-2003, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by bunny
Well guys, here's a pretty gross update.
I vomited yesterday and could tell what I had eaten for the past three days
But I felt much better afer that and a nice nap. I wonder what I had eaten? So hopefully I'm back to normal and all systems are go.

We had an ultrasound and told the tech we didn't want to know the sex, and he kept saying things like, "so no boys at home, huh" after we had specifically told him we have one child and she is a girl. He said that around three times, so now I think we're having a boy.

Do you think he was just trying to mislead us, or was he really dropping clues?

Thanks for the health vibes

bunny
Glad you're feeling better!

What a jerk! (the u/s tech) It's hard telling what he was up to. :

When we had our u/s the tech asked us at the beginning, the middle of the u/s and the end... then she finally told us.

If we have another baby, we won't be finding out the sex. Dh got his way these two times! LOL Of course, next time I may never step into a Dr. office with what I've had to deal with the last two years.

User Tag List