If you are nursing, do your breasts change in early pregnancy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-05-2003, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am nursing my 15 month ds. He still nurses very often through the day and AF hasn't returned. For the past week I have felt exhausted and my breasts feel even heavier than normal (and the nipples are quite sore). I am just wondering if your breasts change when in early pregnancy if you are already nursing. I dont' know if this post makes sense... If any of you have experienced this, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2003, 02:06 AM

Well. I was nursing my 6/7 month old ds when I found out I was pg again. I m/c at 6 or 7 weeks but I didn't notice a real change in my breasts until after the pg hormones were gone. From what I can find, your milk supply decreases during pg. It was after all the hormones were out of my body that my breasts got engorged with all the milk that had returned!

Megan

Tracy 4/26/02
spirit babe 11/19/02

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
Old 01-05-2003, 05:33 AM

...has had no noticeable change in breastmilk supply.

However...I was extremely sore and exhausted (found out later we are expecting twins, so perhaps my body was extra run down...my daughter turned 1 yesterday, so she's still rather young as well).

My breasts didn't balloon to gigantic size like they did with my first pregnancy. I didn't notice any size change. And to be honest, the tenderness wasn't that bad either...I think it may have been half caused by my daughter's new teeth since she's learning how to nurse with a mouthful of them!

Now that I'm just over the line into the 2nd trimester, Fiona has pretty much self-weaned for nutrition (though she still nurses to sleep most of the time, and for snacks or comfort). My supply is lower (but that could be from how comparatively little she nurses now), but since she has milk face when she unlatches, I know she's still getting milk.

From what I have heard, almost every woman is different, though. It probably depends greatly on whether you have a constant nurser (like I did at the beginning) or whether your child is partially weaned.

-Kitty
Old 01-05-2003, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your replies - I guess I will just have to wait and see. Idon't know anyone who has tandem nursed or who has even nursed as long as I have (I live in a very small town) so it is helpful to have this forum. Mac, my ds, still nurses a lot through the day - roughly once an hour. He doesn't nurse though from around 8:00 pm till about 5:30 am.

EMma of the sore breasts.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:51 PM

I miscarried at 5.5 weeks, while nursing my 20 month old twice a day, however my breasts were heavier and sore from conception on, good luck and take a test it can't hurt.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
Old 01-07-2003, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

I did a test this morning.... I am PREGNANT!!!

My breasts have definately gotten larger the past week - I am a bit scared of where they will end up....

User Tag List