My update: blighted ovum - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-05-2003, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mamas and mamas-to-be,
Thank you all for your support over the past few weeks. It was just confirmed on Friday that this pregnancy will end in a miscarriage It is a blighted ovum (basically no baby ever developed only the support system - placenta, sac, etc hence my confusing beta results and morning sickness).

I am actually feeling okay because my research into blighted ovums suggests that it is usually just a random, bad luck occurance and not something that means anything is "wrong" or that it will happen again. The only discouraging info is that it can take up to 2 months before the placenta, etc realizes that there is no baby and therefore waiting to miscarry can take a loooong time My dr has offered me the options of waiting, being induced with Cytotec and having a d&c. None of those options are appealing :

My plan is to go to a naturopath and see if there are any other options to get things going so I can miscarry sooner, rather than later.

I am feeling confident that our next pregnancy will work out just fine. Although this is now my second miscarriage, they both have explanations attached to them (the first one I was suffering from undiagnosed PID) and I am feeling good about our future chances for a healthy baby. I hope to be back on this board in a few months and wish you all the best with your pregnancies

Britt
#2 of 7 Old 01-05-2003, 09:04 PM

Oh, Britt, I am so sorry to read your post. Hugs to you my friend. Please know my thoughts and prayers will be with you. I'll write soon. Take care :
#3 of 7 Old 01-05-2003, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Denise! I was just going to e-mail you with my bad news. Thank you for your support and thoughts. I really do think I'm okay - though I might be in major denial...."Talk" to you soon
#4 of 7 Old 01-05-2003, 10:30 PM

mfm,
I am sorry to hear that you are definitely having a miscarriage, but I am glad you finally have some answers. Peaceful thoughts to you...

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#5 of 7 Old 01-05-2003, 10:47 PM

I'm so sorry about your loss my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Patience

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#6 of 7 Old 01-06-2003, 08:22 AM

Britt, I am so sorry to hear your news, be gentle with yourself, and good luck finding a less drastic way to not have to wait and wait!
#7 of 7 Old 01-06-2003, 04:58 PM
XM

I am so sorry to hear that... but at least now you have some answers. I am sure a naturopath or a midwife would have some excellent natural suggestions for you to hasten the process of your miscarriage.

I am no expert, but I agree that it sounds like the next pregnancy should be nice and sticky and result in a beautiful baby for you!

XM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page