preganant nursing mamas... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-09-2003, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please describe your nipple pain for me. I've been having major pain and I'm wondering if it's due to a strange latch (possibly teething again. dd is 22 mo) or if I might possibly be pregnant. It's very painful when she initially latches on. Feels almost like she's biting hard, but she's not. The pain gradually lessens as she nurses until it's quite dull. What do you wise ladies think? This has been going on for about 4 days now.

peace, Beth
#2 of 8 Old 01-09-2003, 08:18 AM

hi i'm about 5 weeks pregnant, and this is exactly how it feels when my three year old nurses. like he's biting, for the first second or two, then the pain gradually diminishes. they are much more sensitive to being pulled on, too.
#3 of 8 Old 01-09-2003, 11:18 AM

Hey, I'm due in 9 days and have a 2 1/2 yo nursling. That's exactly how it felt when I first became pg. I though he had razors in his mouth! It got better after the first trimester, but then came back a little around the 5th month.

If you are pg, CONGRATULATIONS!

Tori
#4 of 8 Old 01-09-2003, 01:01 PM

Oh, Beth, I hope you are pregnant! When will you test?

Chrissy (another nursing mama wanting to get pregnant)

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#5 of 8 Old 01-09-2003, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Chrissy--you are so sweet!

I tested earlier this week (twice!) but was negative. I'll try again in a week or two.

I've been feeling a little dizzy and queasy and my left ear has been ringing terribly (I had awful problems with that last time) so I'm hoping. I've been having phantom symptoms on and off though for months so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.

All you pregnant ladies blow some baby dust my way!!

peace, Beth
#6 of 8 Old 01-09-2003, 04:03 PM

Sounds familiar! I'm 19 weeks along and ds is 28 months. What I have him do is let go and then relatch with a big "ah". It improves his latch (the upper lip tends to roll in) and gives my nipple a chance to rest -- I know that sounds odd, but it makes a difference. Then the rest of the nursing (as long as it's less then 30 minutes...) is fine.
#7 of 8 Old 01-09-2003, 04:37 PM

Beth,

I just found out on Tuesday that I am pregnant (woohoo!!). My ds is 15.5 months old and I have hadn't a postpartum period. My tip off that I could be pregnant was pain like you are describing. It started about 2 weeks ago.

Baby dust to you,

Emma
#8 of 8 Old 01-09-2003, 05:30 PM

I'm 20 weeks and my dd is 19 months. We are still dealing with pain. The only thing that really makes a difference is asking her to try again if it really hurts. So knows now that that means to open really wide and say ahh. It took a few times for her to understand showed her opening my mouth wide and she mimicked me and thinks its fun lol
hth
Janessa

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page