That chafing and itchy feeling was a yeast infection! Beware! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-22-2005, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had on and off but increasing discomfort in my nether regions over tha last month and a half. Since becoming pregnant my vaganal area has been very moist, and chafing became a very annoying problem while working as a waitress. I treated it with Zinc cream, then Calendula as sugested by my midwife. I did not, however, follow my suspicion that anything was "wrong" or get her to look at the small sores and red swelling around my inner and outer labia. This weekend the itching became to intense to deal with and I went to my GP to have her take a look. Yeast! It doesn't smell or look like any previous yeast infection of mine, but it sure is one. I've likely been suffering needlessly for a month. It's probably related to the glucose my kidneys are spilling... the sugar is promoting growth. My GP recomended an external antifungal cream. If it doesn't clear up we'll try a vaginal treatment as well. But I feel better already.

If you feel "off" dont assume it's a normal part of pregnancy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-22-2005, 04:19 PM

I am prone to them in pregnancy as well. Probiotics have done wonders for me!
#3 of 4 Old 11-22-2005, 05:23 PM

I get them also at least once per pregnancy. Oh, what we do for our children...

Love,
Mary
#4 of 4 Old 11-22-2005, 06:04 PM

Yep, did the same here, the chafy & moist. Couldn't figure out what was up.... didn't itch like a normal yeast infection like I had with my first pregnancy. I finally gave up and got it checked after trying a few natural remedies (I was about to go full tilt with the natural when it turned a light puss color). I agreed to two pills of Diflucan. AHHHHHHHHHH. MUCH bettter now.

treehugger.gif Alisaynovax.gif,intactlact.gifUsed to be a fly-by-nursing1.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif, SAHM to three slinggirl.gif, all by ribboncesarean.gif, then they grew up. mecry.gif

Now I am a WOHM, college student, single mama. praying.gif to be belly.gifbfinfant.gifcd.giffamilybed1.gif, buddamomimg1.png, to a littlebabyf.gifagain someday. stillheart.gif 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page