Numb/Itchy/Tingling Belly - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-15-2003, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my third pregnancy and I definitely don't remember this crazy, itchy, burning, skin feeling!! It's driving me nuts! No matter how much Belly Butter I slosh on myself, it doesn't go away. I'm 35 weeks now - trying to enjoy the time I have left, but to be honest, I'm getting tired of being pregnant.

Anyone else have this feeling on their bellies?? (oh, and while I'm here.... I've noticed a big decline in movements. I know she's pretty squished in there, but does anyone else notice less kicks and more sort-of-stretches?)

Thank you,
Tara

41 year old mama to three beautiful girls (19, 16, and 11)

Wildly, passionately, eternally in love with my dear husband.

#2 of 8 Old 01-15-2003, 03:33 PM

Right there with ya. The munchkin is doing more of that sort of stick out a limb/joint and drag across my belly. Feels too weird, and a little creepy if I happen to have my hand on my tummy at the time. The kicks are less frequent some days, more frequent others. We go through cycles, I think.

My skin doesn't burn, but it definitely itches if we're having a big growth day (where my pants feel tighter at the end of the day). I just put a little lotion on and scratch if I have to, stretch marks be damned!

Just remember, only 5 more weeks - you can do it!

JK
#3 of 8 Old 01-15-2003, 03:41 PM

i am at 28 weeks, and my belly started to ich really bad. I went in and asked what it was because it did form a rash. And they told me most women at around 36 weeks get "pregnancy rash" :

So that is what they are "calling" mine for now, but what you explained is just what they explained. And after birth it goes away!
#4 of 8 Old 01-15-2003, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

The munchkin is doing more of that sort of stick out a limb/joint and drag across my belly. Feels too weird, and a little creepy if I happen to have my hand on my tummy at the time

That's exactly how this little one has been moving. Glad to hear I'm not alone!!

Thanks,
Tara

41 year old mama to three beautiful girls (19, 16, and 11)

Wildly, passionately, eternally in love with my dear husband.

#5 of 8 Old 01-15-2003, 08:33 PM

Was going to ask the same question... I'm 33 weeks now and not a lot of kicking going on. I was getting sort of worried. I've always had days where there's a lot of movement and then other days barely any. Can feel stretching movement and shifting, rolling back and forth, but no distinct kicks or pokes. I think she's facing my back too so no limbs up front maybe. Can definitly tell someone is bouncing on my bladder at times tho. Hiccups are happening a lot, too.

My belly gets so itchy, and my hips and breasts. This has actually been bugging me for a month or 2. I moisturize constantly, but it always returns. Its even worse when there's clothing touching it. I just can't wait to get home some days so I can take off my clothes and relax.

Karen Mommy of McKenna 2003 & Alysson 2004 homebirth.jpg Expecting stork-girl.gif an early Christmas Present
#6 of 8 Old 02-01-2003, 05:42 PM

I am 37 wks and constantly itchy and I think I have that pregnancy rash too! All my stretch marks on the bottom of my belly are now raised and itch SOO much. I put healing cream on constantly, but still itches. I hope they don't scar too much, but I guess there is nothing to be done about it. They look pretty scary though....very red! They are in a big cluster and slowly creeping up. UGH! Anybody else have suggestions or cure-alls?
Shilowe
#7 of 8 Old 02-01-2003, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
#8 of 8 Old 02-03-2003, 12:06 PM

My family laughes at me, because I use Coco butter in the morning, and rub Baby oil with Vit. E all over the rest of my body. When I get home My Ds or my DP help put Lotion with Vit. E all over, and before I go to bed I put Sunflower (maybe it is Almond) oil on my belly. All rich with Vit E. So far I only have six strech marks and they are small . With my ds I didn't do anything and have, what I call fire marks, on the inderside of my bellt from the skin streching. Always said if I get a tatoo, it will be flames to cover those up. (Never going to happen but would look so cool)

But my belly and body are so soft. I wish I would have done this the entire time, but I just started doing the rutine 4 weeks ago when I noticed I had a dry/ichy belly.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page