My DREAM and what will you do after birth? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-16-2003, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had this crazy dream that before I turn 30 years old i have to be fit, trim and beautiful and be able to wear anything i want without worrying about a big butt or big stomach or huge thighs.

all my life I have been struggling with my weight and before i got pregnant i had decided : THIS IS IT...I WILL BE AND LOOK THE WAY I WANT BEFORE I TURN 30....but then i accidentally got pregnant...no prob i am happy.

but i put in my head that eventhough i am having this baby and it will delay my dream becoming reality until i am about 31...since i will turn 30 and the baby will only be two months old....I will make it happen.

so i planned the following...and always think about it ever since i got pregnant:

I will eat a well balanced diet
I will exercise (i already called the place i want to go and checked it out)
I will drink plenty of water
I will take my vitamins
I will go get my hair deep conditioned monthly
I will try to get a facial monthly
and most of all I will be PATIENT and wait for my dream to slowly come true.

Momma to GG (dd - 14 yrs old), Active (ds - 10 yrs old), Toon (dd - 8 years old), Olive (ds - 5 years old), Princess (dd - 4 years old) and babyboy.gif Keemo (ds - 24 days old)

#2 of 3 Old 01-16-2003, 09:23 PM

Sounds like a great plan!! But please be gentle with yourself.

What I found liberating was to, at my 40th birthday, finally be proud of this old bod for the amazing job it has done..and is still doing!!

Good Luck!!

peggy
#3 of 3 Old 01-17-2003, 11:33 AM

I have struggled with body image issues all my life, and about 6 mo. before I VERY UNEXPECTANTLY got pregnant I had finally reached a place where I was very proud of my body. It's been hard to love my big ol' belly, and I want to so badly, but I'm so anxious to look like I did before I was pregnant. I also want to make sure I take good care of myself while I'm nursing, making sure to eat lots of good food and not starve myself back to my pre-preg. size like I did last time. So here are my goals:
--To eat regular, nutritious meals
--To cut out caffine, and drink lots of water
--To be happy that I have the glorious opportunity to nurse a baby and make that top priority, instead of paying so much attention to how much I weigh
--To exercise regularly
--To love my "nursing body" and not worry about looking different until my babe decides to stop nursing.

This may seem so petty to other people, but this is something I fight with every day and I'm trying to overcome the obsessive attitude I have about my weight so that I stay healthy and don't pass these feelings on to my daughter.

Great Thread! I think it's really important to write out your goals, helps keep them in mind and puts the universe in motion.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page