Not feeling pregnant yet. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-19-2003, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey,

I'm 8 weeks along and I just don't feel pregnant. I had nausea for about two weeks and it's gone now. I'm pretty tired, but I just have trouble sometimes believing that I'm really pregnant. Or course, then I get freaked out about that. Arg.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2003, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi - I know what you mean. I'm about 6 weeks along (I think), and have had nausea on and off for a week or so now. But when I feel fine, I do worry...I just think that pregnancy is a worrying time in general. :

Being tired is a normal early pregnancy sign - so that's good! But if you continue to not feel pregnant, I would maybe make a doctor's appointment, just to be on the safe side. I think that is the general advice given in pregnancy books, anyway.

I'm sure all is well, and I can relate about worrying when I feel absolutely fine!
Old 01-19-2003, 09:43 PM

T this stage of things, it's totally normal.

And, not that this will necessarily be the case for you, but just because I didn't realize it until much later - there are plenty of women who simply don't feel much sense of attachment to the baby while pregnant at all. No real sense of connection. And when everything you read leads you to expect some sort of mystical bonding to take place while the kid's in utero (not that this doesn't happen for lots of women), it can be downright disconcerting and disturbing. But, as my midwife and many other honest mothers assured me, it's totally normal.

And if you turn out to be one of the many women who doesn't react to the sight of her baby with instant love, but instead takes awhile to fall in love with it - just like you probably did with your parter - don't worry about that, either! It's a little secret most baby books don't want to acknowledge, but we all come to love our kids at different paces.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:50 PM

Sounds totally normal to me. I didn't feel pregnant for 3 weeks, didn't know I was, and then decided to take a test as was 3 weeks late and people kept asking me...it came up pos...and i have felt miserable since then...count your blessings... I don't get really sick with my pregnancy's...there were times I didn't feel pregnant..think that is normal till you can feel baby moving.
Old 01-19-2003, 11:07 PM

I'm in the same boat. I'm 7.5 weeks now and have had virtually no symptoms, aside from fatigue and a yeast infection (had one when pg with ds). I'm a little nervous because I had a m/c in August. I've only had a few very minor waves of nausea. I keep telling myself that every pregnancy is different, but I will feel better when I have some more symptoms! Anybody out there have the same experience? It would be helpful to hear your story.
Dawn
Old 01-20-2003, 01:39 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I'm pregnant too, I think, but I have no symptoms. My breasts don't hurt, not even when dd nurses, I don't have to pee very often, I have no nausea or taste aversions but in my case it is probably a bit too soon for those. Yet my appetite isn't really that great either, which is odd, because last time I was eating everything that wasn't nailed down. I don't get dizzy even if I'm sitting on my lower legs and get up suddenly. I'm not craving beef. I have almost no vaginal mucus discharge at all. All of these, except the nausea and taste aversions were symptoms for me twice before, the nausea didn't come on until about 8 weeks or so, and I'm not there yet. With my last pregnancy, which ended in m/c at 11 weeks, I had fairly strong symptoms early on that disappeared after awhile (I guess when the pregnancy stopped developing, but I don't know when that was).

The only thing I have right now is that I have bursts of energy which my husband describes as "nesting" LOL, but I also have fatigue at times.

I'm hoping this is a real pregnancy, but I'm not sure. I am supposed to go to the doctor for a pap smear next week, so I'll talk to him then.
Old 01-20-2003, 03:07 AM

I'm 17 weeks along witht his pregnancy, and have had virtually no symptoms. This is the third time I've been pregnant and each pregnancy has gotten easier. I had a few moments of nausea, a few moments of dizziness, and have been pretty tired, but other than that, my expanding waistline is the only sign that i really am growing a baby. I miscarried my first pregnancy, so I know how hard it is to wait through those first few awful weeks waiting and hoping everything is okay. Just rest assured that everything can be normal if you're feeling normal, and count your blessings!

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:11 AM

I didn't feel pregnant until ds kicked me - no nausea, heartburn, anything. Only a little tiredness between 8 -11 wks. Take it and run honey!! It's a good thing and people will be jealous of you! Seriously, there's nothing wrong with that, just be happy you aren't puking. Good luck!

Peace and health, Jenny - Mama to my love 12/01, my lovely 7/04, and my beloved 10/06, and one angel. ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35***bellycast.gif40**
Old 01-20-2003, 11:45 PM

Thank you soooo much! I feel better just hearing that you guys experienced the same thing. Please keep us in your thoughts.
Dawn
Old 01-21-2003, 12:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm three weeks and don't feel pregnant, except that I'm tired. But I'm so excited about it that I don't care if I don't "feel" it, I _know_ it and since I'd been looking forward to it for so long (waited 3 yrs after marriage to ttc due career and family-related separations, then it took six mo), I'm just so delighted that I'm not too worried about "feeling" it.

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

User Tag List