crampiness - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-22-2003, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone else have problems with plain old crampiness? (Like before you have your period). I'm at 27 weeks, and since yesterday I've been feeling just a little crampy. I dont' think these are braxton-hicks, because they don't come and go. I'm waiting to get a call back from my doc today, but thought I'd write to see if anyone else had this. It's not painful, just a barely there crampy feeling.

Ideas?:

Thanks!
becca29
#2 of 5 Old 01-22-2003, 12:33 PM

I've had that mild crampiness on and off this whole pregnancy. I'm not sure if its muscles stretching or what to attribute it too, but my midwife said not to worry unless it gets severe. HTH
#3 of 5 Old 01-22-2003, 01:50 PM

This is very common. And I personally experienced it more frequently with each preg. The biggest thing is to drink lots of water. If you already are, drink more . Calming herbs, esp. as a warm tea will help. And just a couple of drops of cramp bark in warm water can be taken safely while preg. Blessings
#4 of 5 Old 01-22-2003, 04:59 PM

i'm gld you asked because i have been having a very crampy cervix lately... Not really contractions, just an achiness down at the very bottom below my c-sec. scar from my 1st.. I don't remember this achiness with the last pg (which was vbac) so i was wondering if it's just because it's a later pg too.. .

We did have a lot of pre term labor with ds1, starting at about 4 months.. I went to the hospital 3 times between 4-7 months to get the contractions to stop, so maybe i am ajust being paranoid..

Sorry for hijacking this a bit, just wondering if that was the kind of achy cramping you were talking about...

Warm Squishy Feelings...

DYan

It's lonely being the only XX in a house of XYs.
#5 of 5 Old 01-22-2003, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

It sounds similar. I guess the only way I can describe it is that it feels sort of like before I get my period, but a little more to the left side. I'm actually feeling a lot better now. I've been laving lots of tummy trouble since last night, so I think that's actually part of it too. Everything is so moved around down there that it's hard to tell exactly what it is that hurts!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page