Backup doula? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-23-2003, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all - I've been lurking here for a long time, but never posted. But, I need some reassurance today...

My doula just let me know last night that there is a decent chance she won't make it to my birth (her dd is sick - of course, I feel like an awful person worrying about me when she is facing that, but...). She told me her backup is ready to go. Has anyone ever had the experience of using their doula's backup doula? What was it like? The backup is actually more experienced, I'm just concerned because I don't feel like she knows me and my wishes nearly as well, and I'm not as comfortable with her. Can someone give me reassurance that this will work out all right?

Kristin
EDD +1
#2 of 2 Old 01-23-2003, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by kofduke
She told me her backup is ready to go. Has anyone ever had the experience of using their doula's backup doula?
What about calling her up and meeting for a couple of hours. that may help ? As a doula myself I know that I would want the chance to get to know a mom as much as possible in that situation.
Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page