40+and pregnant - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 08-18-2003, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH and I talked and I did a lot of research with ICAN and Dr. Brewer (www.blueribbon.org) I even talked to him on the phone and then Friday DH went in with me and we cancelled my c-section for today and rescheduled it for this Fridaywhich will make me 42 weeks. All my test including the non stress were great on Friday. I think my bp was 162/92.

I so want to VBAC and am bummed I am so overdue. And then MIL came by yesterday and said, "I don't think you will go into labor cuz you have been on bedrest for so long." Thanks MIL!!! You are so sweet.
#32 of 35 Old 08-18-2003, 12:04 PM
tug

Kathy-jo:

You will do great no matter how it happens and do not worry. There are many, many people who get a date scheduled who then go into labor. Think about how many you probably know (I know a bunch, including a close friend and my sister!). But also know that no matter which way the little one comes into the world, it will be okay.

Just relax, relax, relax. Enjoy your bed rest while you can

tug
#33 of 35 Old 08-20-2003, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

your 12 day overdue mama checking in

would love you to vote on my should i have a c-section on friday poll???

http://216.92.20.151/discussions/sho...threadid=81675
#34 of 35 Old 08-27-2003, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks all. I called my midwife that Thursday morning and she said, “Kathy why don’t you come in and we will check you out and if your cervix is favorable we can try a trial of labor with pitocin and if that does not work then you can have the surgery tomorrow.

So we called Grandpa Peterson who would be with Charlie until that evening when Corrine would come and spend the night with him. We spent some time with Charlie, packed up and went off to the hospital. Our doula Carrie met us there. My cervix was ripe enough so we were given the go ahead but my blood pressure was up a bit more so I was put on a magnesium drip shortly after our arrival. This makes you very hot and really hurt going in through the IV. It also limits movement during labor and actually is used to slow down labor for moms not full term. So before too long I was put on something used to speed up labor, pitocin and something to slow down labor, magnesium. About ½ way into labor, my blood pressure was not coming down enough so they increased the magnesium. Other than that, it was really a calm beautiful night and Jerry and Carrie were wonderful. A few hours into the labor, I started to have some bloody show which is a sign of your cervix thinning so we were feeling excited. A few hours later I felt discouraged and I had been on 12 hours of pitocin. I knew before I was checked that I had not advanced much. The midwife said that she was willing to do 3 more hours of pitocin but did not think we could go much more than that. After she left the room, I told Carrie to tell the midwife that I wanted them to turn the Pitocin off. And we started to be prepare for surgery. We called some family members and things moved quite fast.

It all seemed to go much more smoothly than the surgery with Charlie, including the spinal. When Charlie was born, we had in our birth plan that Jerry would announce the gender so at that exciting moment, theOBasked Jerry to stand up. Jerry stood and said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to announce the birth of my baby boy, Charles Andrew Peterson and then he broke down in tears. So on Friday we once again made it clear that we wanted Jerry to announce gender. TheOBgave him the cue and Jerry said, "It's a girl, right?" And theOBsaid, "It appears to be." And the anesthesiologist said, "And that it is."

Angelyn Rosemarie Peterson was born Friday August 22nd at9:28 a.m.weighing 9 pounds 13 ounces and 20 inches long. (I was born at9:28 a.m.onMay 20, 1962. Pretty sweet that we were born at the same time.) The trial of labor was valuable as Angelyn's apgar scores were 9 and 9 (same as Charlie's) at birth. Even though Charlie was c-section, my water broke with him and it is said that a trial of labor even for awhile can help babies lungs and apgar scores once born. I feel I made all the right choices during the last few weeks. I not think I should have waited any longer for baby to arrive or do not think we waited too long. Angelyn is beautiful and is in no way overcooked.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kaj...c=ph%26.view=l
#35 of 35 Old 08-27-2003, 03:15 PM
tug

She is adorable!! It sounds like you did exactly the right thing for you and Angel. Congratulations. I had been waiting to hear what happened (I"m sure everybody who looked at this thread joins me in that sentiment) and I'm so happy to hear it all went well and to see how beautiful your new baby girl is.

Yeah!!

tug

p.s. - so this is your 41st child then, right? ho ho ho

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page