VERY PERSONAL..."adult" question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-17-2006, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey all...

Um..I've been enjoying sex bunches this pregnancy...even when I had horrible morning sickness... . It has been absolutely divine!

But the past couple of weeks, (I'm 23 weeks) I've been noticing a slight decline in desire...but even worse...I suddenly can't have an orgasm...alone or with my partner...It seems to be physical not emotional.

This sucks!!! Suggestions? Or do I need to just keep trying and ride it out (no pun intended)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2006, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalmama
Hey all...

Um..I've been enjoying sex bunches this pregnancy...even when I had horrible morning sickness... . It has been absolutely divine!

But the past couple of weeks, (I'm 23 weeks) I've been noticing a slight decline in desire...but even worse...I suddenly can't have an orgasm...alone or with my partner...It seems to be physical not emotional.

This sucks!!! Suggestions? Or do I need to just keep trying and ride it out (no pun intended)
With the swelling in your vaginal area this can be an issue. As I got closer to my EDD it got progressively worse for me. This may be TMI, but when it got to the end and my midwives were feeling sorry for me and my two and a half week prodomal labor they told me to have as much intimacy as I could stand. DH was happy, but I just laid there and waited for it to be over. Not that it lasted that long as swollen as I was. I know this is no necessarily good news but it is the truth.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:00 AM

I also noticed with this pregnancy that I REALLY enjoyed sex during the first trimester, then things tapered off a bit during the second trimester and beginning of the third. I just noticed that I'm starting to enjoy myself more again in the past week or two. Maybe it's a hormone thing?

Hang in there!

Jill
Old 01-18-2006, 12:00 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hmmmmmm...how are you attempting it alone? Perhaps a trip to the local adult gift shop could liven things up a bit (with some batteries included if ykwim? )

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
Old 01-18-2006, 03:37 AM

Hmmm... I'm not orgasming with my partner anymore (at least not during intercourse) b/c the belly is in the way of us using my usual positions. However, I'm still able to orgasm on my own. (I'm 22 weeks). It is getting a bit tricky, tho. A longer handled toy will definitely be on my V-day wish list

Have you ruled out a (mild) yeast infection? That can curb desire, and leave you swollen enough to not be able to orgasm. Try increasing your probiotic intake.

HTH!
Old 01-19-2006, 12:27 AM

I had trouble achieving orgasm even with the most tried-and-true methods in my first pregnancy. And while I didn't have that trouble earlier in this one, I haven't even tried in a while and at the moment, really don't miss it. So I think the changes and fluctuations must be hormonal!

Of course, it doesn't help that things are much more dry than usual there. How odd that is--increased discharge except during arousal, when there's hardly any! (At least, it's been that way for me, both pregnancies.)

User Tag List