I feel huge (and I have acne) - self pity thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 01-28-2003, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are going on vacation to Florida tomorrow and I have been trying on summer maternity clothes from my last pregnancy and I feel huge and awful about myself.

I am only 21 weeks pregnant and I feel HUGE! These summer clothes I wore toward the very END of my last pregnancy fit perfectly and I look huge when I look in the mirror. It doesn't help that I have acne, I am so tired and I feel sleep deprived.

I really don't care how much I weigh (actually, I think I have gained less than 5 lbs), but I feel so yucky and awful and uncomfortable already. I can barely believe that I still have 5 MONTHS TO GO. Ugh!

Anyone else feeling yucky?
Kathleen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 01-29-2003, 12:36 AM

I had some strretches like that. As my midwife said when I was feeling overwhelmed during my labor, "Let's remember what we're here for." Grieve all you need to for the less pleasant changes in your body, but keep some part of your soul connected to the miracle in which you are participating.

Hang in there! You'll have that babe in arms soon!
#3 of 13 Old 01-29-2003, 02:03 AM

Do you know if you're carrying a boy or a girl?

I'd guess girl based on my own experience. I never felt or looked uglier than when I was carrying my daughter. She is gorgeous...and she should be...she sapped all my pretty for nine months. My nose actually changed shape! I'd never had a complexion problem EVER, until I was pregnant with her.

Hang in there...it's worth it. If there's anything you can do to make yourself feel prettier, DO it as often as possible.
#4 of 13 Old 01-29-2003, 05:05 AM
XM

My complexion went crazy when I was pregnant with Xiola, And it's not the greatest this time either (don't know if it's a boy or girl). I am by all means grateful and happy to be pregnant, but when you're having a sluggy day it does'nt help to notice that my skin was'nt even this freaky when I was 13... : And it puzzles me too that this time I also got big sooner yet have'nt had much weight gain? Baby's big enough though, so it's just another weird thing.

XM
#5 of 13 Old 01-29-2003, 05:21 AM

Bless your heart Kathleen, I am sooooooooo feeling yucky!!

I am barely 6weeks pg and look huge!! I swear, I look 6 mos along!! This happened last time too, early on I lost my waist almost immediatly looked huge. It is so weird, XM, I agree and have no clue as to why it happens, I have not gained weight either yet. UGH...I still haven't lost the weight from last time so this feels a little scary to be starting out here and going up.....
I too had gorgeous skin as a teen until I got pg with dd#1 it has been all over since then. This pg is no different horrible acne.
at least I am not having any of my usual queasyness.
sighs.....well, this is going to be the last one for me so I keep telling myself my body will be mine again and I can get back in shape to keep up with these little darlings!

deb
#6 of 13 Old 01-29-2003, 12:39 PM

Apparently after a first pregnancy, your muscles are just more stretched out and are quicker to relax as your uterus expands. Most women find that they show faster and look larger with second or subsequent babies, and there's not usually a relationship to the baby's growth or weight.
#7 of 13 Old 01-29-2003, 07:52 PM

I too am having SeRIOUS break out issues.. Well at least for me.. I've never had more than 2 zits at any one time.. Now i am constantly breaking out.. One break out goes away , then the next wave comes!!! This is our 3rd pg, and were as I'm mnot showing yet (14 wks) i've never had acne like this ... NEVER!!!!

BTW the other 2 pg were boys.. Don't know about this one yet ....

Warm Squishy Feelings...

Dyan
:

It's lonely being the only XX in a house of XYs.
#8 of 13 Old 01-29-2003, 08:04 PM
XM

I do understand *why* the baby's popped so much... but the reality of *how much* the baby's popped is what leaves me shaking my head! As a practical aside, I got by without maternity clothes last time (just wore all the clothes that were too big for me that I had been meaning to take in), and now I am just trying to figure out how much longer I can get by till I need to buy some!

XM
#9 of 13 Old 01-29-2003, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm actually experiencing less acne than usual (the usual hadn't changed much since I was 11). However, my skin has been reacting like crazy to I don't know what, maybe the water, and has been horridly dry and I've been breaking out in rashes! The latest is my entire back and upper arms, following a visit to the pool last friday. My legs have been rashy for months now, sometimes worse, sometimes not so bad. They got it to go away once before I was pg with steroid medication, but that obviously is no longer an option, so I'm itchy and miserable, especially in the evening, and I even restorted to an otc antihistamine last night to keep it in control. I'm pretty much one big rash all over my legs and back, and some on my chest and breasts and cheeks!

The good news is once my medicaid come through for the pg, I might be able to see a dermatologist (which I of course can't afford without it).

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#10 of 13 Old 01-29-2003, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XM
I am just trying to figure out how much longer I can get by till I need to buy some!
XM, you *still* aren't in maternity clothes?!

I feel like I am just enormous. It is nice that people are finally seeing that I am pregnant, not just too full of lunch! But, jeesh!

I feel like I am so big after I eat up until I go to bed, and then when I wake up, it is like I have lost two or three months. It is so weird!

Okay, I know I am complaining, but the truth is: I LOVE MY BIG SELF!!

Jean

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#11 of 13 Old 01-29-2003, 10:24 PM
XM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeanvanzyl
XM, you *still* aren't in maternity clothes?!

No, really, here's why... see, I'm plus-sized to begin with. When I'm not pregnant I'm a size 22-24. My waist is usually 1-2 sizes smaller then my hips (and most of the clothes are cut for women who are fuller in the waist), so when I am pregnant my belly actually starts to fill out the waists of my pants for once. Plus, I am a seamstress by trade, so when something is on sale and it's too big, I'll buy it and take it in. However, I am also lazy, and so I have a bunch of pieces that I never got around to doing alterations on... so that's what I am wearing now, because I can still wear a 28.

Probably TMI but I wanted to clarify that it's not like I have a designer bump... just a bunch of once too-big clothes that actually fit my pregnant shape decently well!

XM
#12 of 13 Old 01-30-2003, 02:47 AM

Acne: I guess I can't complain, but I will anyway. What the heck?! I have pretty good skin, and had no acne w/ #1 (a girl! a beautiful girl, who did not steal away my beauty and leave me zitty while pg! D) )

But NOW, I have the underground, painful, so giant it changes the countour of my chin pimple. And when it goes away, it's special friend is generated right near by the original site. So no matter what, I have at least one chin-harassing subcutanious volcano on my face.

The moment I peed on the pg test stick my abs relaxed & slacked and my intestines apparently tripled in size, because I look super-pregnant, at only 17 weeks.

OH...and I have no neck/chin. I have about a pound of pregnancy flesh that really likes it there.

AND HEY, what about 'skin tags?' Anybody have any of these? They're like little tiny polyps or flaps of skin, on the neck? I had a ton of those w/ pg #1, and I'm growin' a new crop this time.

(We gotta do a little whining to balance out our joy and good fortune at being blessed with a pregnancy, eh?!?!?)
#13 of 13 Old 01-30-2003, 02:54 AM

Acne: I guess I can't complain, but I will anyway. What the heck?! I have pretty good skin, and had no acne w/ #1 (a girl! a beautiful girl, who did not steal away my beauty and leave me zitty while pg! D) )

But NOW, I have the underground, painful, so giant it changes the countour of my chin pimple. And when it goes away, it's special friend is generated right near by the original site. So no matter what, I have at least one chin-harassing subcutanious volcano on my face.

The moment I peed on the pg test stick my abs relaxed & slacked and my intestines apparently tripled in size, because I look super-pregnant, at only 17 weeks.

OH...and I have no neck/chin. I have about a pound of pregnancy flesh that really likes it there.

AND HEY, what about 'skin tags?' Anybody have any of these? They're like little tiny polyps or flaps of skin, on the neck? I had a ton of those w/ pg #1, and I'm growin' a new crop this time.

(We gotta do a little whining to balance out our joy and good fortune at being blessed with a pregnancy, eh?!?!?)

User Tag List