Mothering Forum banner

any recs for slightly funky girl names?

10K views 134 replies 111 participants last post by  northern_sunshine 
#1 ·
We're having a lot of difficulty coming up with a name for a baby girl. We've gone through all of our books (and the top 1000 girl names for 2004 at the ssa.gov web site). Any recs for girl names a little on the funky site? Any favorite baby naming web sites? We'd like something a little unusual but not bizarre (and that is proving to be a challenge!).

See less See more
#128 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ice_chick
I just heard an interesting clip on the radio where they were talking about girls names & one name that is not so common, but more people have been using these days is nevaeh. It is heaven spelled backwards. I thought that was pretty neat!

My lil girl is Nevaeh (she will be four this Sept.).....we thought it was so unique, until it shot up to the top 100 this year. YIKES!

#130 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by EcoMama7
Noa (female form of Noah, pr. the same)

My girl name I've chosen IF this baby is a girl is Ada Lenore.
Funny because I loooove Noa and my DH loves Ada right now......we were going to name her Avery but we are in the midst of changing our minds.

our other daughters are:

Kaya
Avery

Ellery
Saige

other names we've liked:

Willa
Willow
Evelyn nn Evy
Maeva
Kennedy
Kadence

#131 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kindermama
Funny because I loooove Noa and my DH loves Ada right now......we were going to name her Avery but we are in the midst of changing our minds.

Our name for a girl has changed. We aren't using Ada or Lenore anymore. But I haven't told anyone the name we've chosen.
:

#135 ·
I love the name Hermione, but I know that everyone will be like "Harry Potter fan, eh?" (I am, but that is SO not the point! LOL) As it was everyone though we named DD after a girl on the 1st season of survivor (and I didn't even watch that show!)

One of my favorite baby name books is The Melting Pot Book of Baby Names. It's lists of names by nationality with meanings and if they boy or girl.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.