when to test - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-31-2003, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This may sound silly, but I am wondering if there is any chance that I could be pregnant and trying to figure out when to test, if at all. My story in a nutshell: I got off Depo shots recently (last shot was in July), last period began about three weeks ago (only my 2nd since stopping the Depo), and we haven't been trying nor preventing since getting off the shot. For the last few days I have been extremely tired, nauseated, and have sore breasts. These are the exact signs I had in the beginning of my last pregnancy but I don't recall them being present so early. I have no idea what my body has been doing lately...there seems to be no regularity. So now I don't know if I'm just nuts or if I could actually be pregnant? If so, would it be way too early to test? I hate buying those darn tests anyway because I appear to be about 15, and you can imagine the looks I get at the store : Anyway, any thoughts on this situation? I'm certainly confused :

~Jen
#2 of 7 Old 01-31-2003, 01:56 PM

If its been at least 14 days since you think conception happened get a test. Clear blue easy and First Response Early are more sensitive and you can test 4 days earlier- so they say.

I am having a similar dilema. I have been avoiding it because there isn't really a chance I could be, but its been three weeks since ovulation and we had sex with reckless abandon that day because dh had a vas a year before. But cramps off and on, tired, queasy, and no period are kinda bothering my mind.

If I were to test, you want to test together? If you lived near me, you could go with me and I'd buy the tests- and say you're my daughter. :LOL
#3 of 7 Old 01-31-2003, 02:07 PM

Well anything is possible but it could just be your body trying to get back on track from the shots. I was on the pill and when I went off I had very similar symptoms to pregnancy but it was just my hormones re-adjusting.:

Took me 1 year to get PG, I am 2 months pg now and basically it feels like I have had PMS for a month straight. I think the best thing to do if you have no clue how your cycles are going it to wait 2 weeks from when you had intercource to test.

Also if you don't like buying tests from the store you can get them online from quite a few sites...

www.babyhopes.com/pregnancytests.html

This is the site I have ordered from. The Aim tests are supposed to be some of the most senstive ones out there.

Hope this helps,
Christie
#4 of 7 Old 01-31-2003, 10:21 PM

Just wanted to mention that even if your dh had a vasectomy, you could still be pregnant. My dh had one 3 yrs ago and I'm due to deliver #3 any day now
Also, I remember how crazy it can make you wondering if you could be pregnant so why not just buy two test (i know they're kinda expensive but sometimes you can find them in 2 packs). Take one now and then wait a week or so and take the other. Totally there with ya on looking 15. EVERY TIME I leave the house with my boys somebody ask me either (a) Are you their big sister, (b) They're not yours are they, or (c) how old are you, you look so young. People are just retarded
#5 of 7 Old 01-31-2003, 11:44 PM

Just wanted to say be careful where you order those AIM tests. Lots of women (me included) here on mothering have had problems with them coming up negative a LONG time after store bought tests work. Not sure if its the sites we've purchased from, or if those AIM tests aren't as great as stated on the sites... There are a couple of threads on TTC/Infertility about that if you're interested...

Good luck with the testing!!

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#6 of 7 Old 02-03-2003, 02:15 PM

Isn't it maddening? I so hopped up at the thought of being pregnant that I went through 4. I took a couple way too early (thinking I may have ovulated earlier than normal). Then I took one the day I was supposed to get my period that came out negative. I waited 2 more days and got the absolute faintest line you can imagine. After the 3rd test, I called the company (the Walgreens brand) and they suggested waiting 15-19 after unprotected sex. At least for the Walgreens product, that seemed to be accurate.

Good luck!!!
#7 of 7 Old 02-04-2003, 02:37 AM

I used ClearBlue Easy a couple days ago - 3 actually- and no line at all. So I am relieved.

Jen, did you test???

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page