Inexpensive Maternity Clothes Online?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-02-2003, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like having a few things that are stylish so i feel good while i am pregnant but i see myself being so stingy that i wont get anything and then be mad at the end when i feel like a slob and all the pictures taken of me look awful.

i have looked online specifically for a swimsuit and have found a few but they are expensive or two peices and i am strechmark city so i dont feel like showing it off. anyone have a swimsuit that they love. i know its winter but i am in arizona and its 85 here today. i want to go to the pool.

thanks for sharing.

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2003, 01:32 PM

I have bought a few items on EBAY for cheap and also I go to all the sale areas over at Old Navy.Com and Gap.Com. I've gotten nice shirts at the GAP for 6.99!

Good Luck~

Lisa

Lisa, Todd, Dane and Amber: & :::
Old 02-02-2003, 01:37 PM

old navy online, target in person. I used a plus size tank suit for most of pregnancy...the stretch fabric is vey forgiving. What about trying that? My pre-pregnancy size was a 14...so I bought an 18 and 22. the 18 worked most of the time.
Old 02-02-2003, 01:40 PM

I second the ebay vote....
I still had stuff from my last pregnancy, but was working at the time, so wore my uniform or pj's most of the time....
I found so much stuff on ebay....and cheap too!

I know what you mean about swim suits too....they are sooo expensive for maternity swimsuits...they have a couple on ebay, but looking at other stores online they were like 50-90!! Since your in the states though you may want to get one from a Canadian store, since your money is worth more here...I don't know if you'd have to pay duty or anything though...
www.bareware.com is a good site.

85F ...wow....and I was happy it was -2C today!!!

Good luck
Jen
Old 02-02-2003, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

barewear.com is so great. i love the bathing suits and they are more affordable then other sites i have seen. Thanks!

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
Old 02-02-2003, 07:48 PM

No problem....
It is a pretty good site...and a really good deal when your buy in US Dollars!!

Jen
Old 02-02-2003, 10:10 PM

Here's another Canadian site.
http://www.momstobefactoryoutlet.com/

I envy you taking advantage of our crappy dollar. Lucky gals!!
Old 02-02-2003, 11:56 PM

Hi! I swim laps several times a week, and have worn Lands End swimsuits for years. I've found them to be of very high quality and conservatively cut.

Lands End now makes maternity clothes, and has just come out with their first maternity swimsuit. The regular tank suit is $40.

http://www.landsend.com/cd/frontdoor...93424632178070

Robin
pregnant with #1, EDD 7-28-03
Old 02-03-2003, 02:26 PM

I've been looking through the maternity clothes at EBay, but I'm really reluctant to buy anything because it seems really difficult to know what size I'll be. What exactly does size medium mean, anyway?
Old 02-03-2003, 04:08 PM

It is hard...usually you buy by your pre-pregnancy size. That usually works...but if you carry very large or have multiples, you might need to size up by the very end of pregnancy. Some women who carry small can wear slightly larger regular clothes or plus sized clothes most of pregnancy...

Some higher end brands...japanese weekend for example, sizes small. Visit manufacturer web sites to get an idea of their size guides for brands you're considering on ebay. Most makers will say "our med is a 12-14 prepregnancy" or whatever.

User Tag List