Can I blame hormones for my jerky attitude? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-04-2003, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fellow mamas, I am 18 weeks along, and it seems my only 'pg symptom' these days is total lack of patience and becoming easily irritated. I don't WANT to be short w/ people, it just HAPPENS, and I was not this jerky a few months ago.

Can I blame this on hormones?

I am so sick of myself flying off the handle at dh or dd, who may indeed be entering a 'terrible twos' phase (a term I have ALWAYS resented, but now fear I may be encountering.)

I thought you got the 'free to be a grump' pass in the first tri...but maybe that pass is valid through the transitional stage of labor?

Any thoughts would be nice...even if they are "no, it's not hormones, you just have to be nicer."
#2 of 5 Old 02-04-2003, 06:09 PM

No - it's just you the rest of us are all blissfully pregnant.

Sorry, I'm kidding.

God I sure hope I can blame it on the hormones! I'm 20 weeks and it feels like I have been short tempered since the egg and sperm combined - I swear! I feel so bad for my boys, not to mention my dh. I'm trying very hard to keep it under control, but man is it an effort and I can't say I'm doing the best job of it today!
#3 of 5 Old 02-04-2003, 07:52 PM

My second trimester was great, but now at week 33, I've turned into a monster again! I think your mood can be affected by things like low blood sugar and dehydration. I personally think it would help if I could get more regular exercise. Hang in there, ladies!

Melissa
#4 of 5 Old 02-04-2003, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Can I blame hormones for my jerky attitude?

Of course! Just try not to milk it.
#5 of 5 Old 02-04-2003, 11:39 PM

I had it both my pregnancies. It was worse with the 2nd and got worse throughout the pregnancy. I was nasty! It was things I might normally think, but have the tact to keep to myself. The pregnancy hormones just removed my inhibitions.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page