morning sickness beginning at implantation - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-10-2006, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm only 4 1/2 weeks pregnant, however I have pretty much known since 3 days after my temp. rise as I have felt lots of nausea (although I have not actually thrown up yet) and fatigue. I have also felt extremely hungry and thirsty. With my first two pregnancies I did not feel any nausea until 6-8 weeks pregnant. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I possibly having twins? Help!!
#2 of 8 Old 03-10-2006, 01:04 PM

all of my pregnancies have been like that. i've always felt sick (especially when i'm hungry) long before i know i'm pregnant. this time i caught on and tested early (got a faint positive) but the other times i just thought i was getting sick.

i ended up with really bad ms each time, i hope that's not the case for you.
#3 of 8 Old 03-10-2006, 01:05 PM

This is my 3rd pregnancy, and I've experienced this every time. I never get incredibly sick to the point of throwing up, but the nausea begins very early for me. I always start feeling very noticably queasy for several days before testing positive. The first pg, it was during the holidays, and I remember thinking, "wow, it must be all that pie we've been eating!" but then the feeling not going away and not going away, and then--positive pg test! At that point I figured it out. My 2nd and 3rd pgs, I knew better!

Twins are always a possibility, I guess , but FWIW, I've never had twins. (Although I guess I don't really know about this pg. yet. But I'm not suspecting a twin pregnancy.) Hope you feel better soon!

Mother of three and strong advocate of being KIND to each other. (No one is going to learn how to be a better mother by your telling her she makes you want to throw up.)
#4 of 8 Old 03-10-2006, 05:57 PM

I didn't think this was common, but it appears it is! My friend told me last weekend that she feels like she has the flu as soon as she has implantation. Hope you feel better soon!

Kat - mama to Clara (9/29/03): & Iris (5/30/06)
#5 of 8 Old 03-10-2006, 06:14 PM

I had one lady SWEAR she got morning sickness the night after they DTD and she knew she was PG... LOL!

Anyways... I never get severe M/S but I do get queasy/hyper sensitive nose, etc. pretty early on!

Kathryn
#6 of 8 Old 03-10-2006, 06:16 PM

Yup, me too! This pg only, so far, but this is the only one I've worked so hard and long for, rofl! I absentmindedly tested oneday (12dpo), and was telling myself I was silly the whole time I was poas. but lo and behold, no sooner than I'd capped that sucker did I see a BFP! Thinking back, I tested because I'd been tired and nauseated for a few days. I asked my mw what she thought of getting m/s so early, and she said that she'd had a client who got sick the day of conception!

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#7 of 8 Old 03-10-2006, 06:24 PM

Well, you probably do at least have more hcg/progesterone in your blood this pregnancy than your past pregnancies at this point. That could be due to twins, or it could just be a random fluctuation (hcg levels for twins always fall within the range for hcg levels for singletons). I felt sick right at implantation with my last pregnancy, and I did end up having twins. This pregnancy I started feeling sick at about 12 dpo (as opposed to 6 dpo last time), and there's a possibility I could be having twins again (my hcg levels are average for twins, but like I said, that doesn't necessarily mean anything).

If you're already feeling sick at this point, you can expect that it will get pretty bad eventually (I started puking and felt MISERABLE at 6 weeks last time). I found acupuncture to help tremendously.

HTH! And Congratulations!!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#8 of 8 Old 03-10-2006, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexbeach
If you're already feeling sick at this point, you can expect that it will get pretty bad eventually
Just wanted to say, this isn't necessarily true. In my last two pregnancies, both times the nausea started very early but never got all that severe.

Mother of three and strong advocate of being KIND to each other. (No one is going to learn how to be a better mother by your telling her she makes you want to throw up.)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page