FINALLY had my baby!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 02-16-2003, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After a very long labor (Sun-Tues) I finally had my baby on Tues afternoon at 12:56. We left for the hospital late Mon evening and by the time we got there my contractions had slowed from every 3 min. to about every 15 min. I was so upset. I was sure they would be sending me back home. My midwife checked me when we got there about 1 am, and said I was still only dialated to a 3 or 4 and it could be several more days because the baby was posterior. But she said she was afraid to send me home because I lived so far away. So we walked and walked and walked some more, and still very little change. My contractions never did get regular or have any consistency. So about 5:30 a.m I sent dh and the boys home to get some rest. I spent the next several hours walking the halls of the hospital till I thought my feet would fall off. By 10:30 I was only dialated to a 5 and very exhausted--2 nights in a row now with no sleep. About an hour later my contractions began to get very strong--after A LOT of nipple stimulation!! But still no consistency. So I called dh and told him to come back to the hospital and he arrived at 12:15. At 12:40 my midwife checked me and I was at a 7--woohoo!! A few minutes later during a helluv a contraction I squatted down at the foot of the bed and my water broke and the most intense feeling I have ever felt came over me and I started screaming. I reached down and felt her head in between my legs and the nurses helped me get in the bed. My cervix was lipped over her head quite a bit and I wanted to push--REALLY wanted to push!!--but I could tell if I did I was going to rip something. So, my midwife gently pushed back the lip and my beautiful babe just came sliding out no pushing at all. It was the most amazing thing that I've ever experienced. I can honestly say that if I had have been confined to the bed I would have surely needed an epidural, but being able to move was what got me through. After she was born everyone left and it was just the 5 of us for a long time. She nursed about 10 min. after she was born and has rarely let go since. I am in awe of her beauty and completely overwhelmed by the whole amazing experience. Dh and I even agreed on a name without killing each other. Ella Mckenzie. I am so in love I can't hardly contain myself. Congrats to all the new moms!! And blessings to all those "in waiting".
#2 of 15 Old 02-16-2003, 12:22 PM

Wow congratulations - your ending is a little better than mine (after 56 hours of labor I gave in to an epidural and having membranes ruptured because m/w were getting worried about c/s scar - trying for vbac, which I had, but it wasn't the "natural" birth I intended on LOL) but my gosh our labors sound so similar. I am so happy for you and how awesome her birth sounds.....too cool !!!

Go nurse !!
#3 of 15 Old 02-16-2003, 12:38 PM

Congratulations! It sounds like a daunting but amazing birth experience. Ella is a beautiful name. Enjoy your new baby.
#4 of 15 Old 02-16-2003, 12:47 PM

Congrats! I love the name Ella!

And wow, what a loooonnngg labor. Congrats on going natural for such a long labor!
#5 of 15 Old 02-16-2003, 12:51 PM

Congratulations!

What a powerful mama you are! Blessings to you, Ella, and your whole family.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#6 of 15 Old 02-16-2003, 02:36 PM

Congratulations!! I love birth stories!

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#7 of 15 Old 02-16-2003, 02:52 PM

Wow! You are an amazing woman!! Congratulations mama!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#8 of 15 Old 02-16-2003, 03:07 PM

That is BEAUTIFUL! Oh, I love that you had that control when you were ready and that you birthed on your own terms!! Thank you so much for sharing! Enjoy your precious bundle!
#9 of 15 Old 02-16-2003, 03:24 PM

Welcome Ella

Congratulations!! How much did she weigh? What a wonderful birth for you!

Sarah
#10 of 15 Old 02-17-2003, 01:35 AM

Welcome Ella! (love that name!) I loved your birth story and hope that I can have one identical to yours very soon!!! huge huge congrats!

Rebecca officially nine days overdue.

wife since 1992; mom to: J 7-95; H 5-98; C 2-03; S 4-05; Micah Zachary born still UC 4-08; UM 9-08; due June 2010
#11 of 15 Old 02-17-2003, 01:37 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Congratulations!!!
#12 of 15 Old 02-17-2003, 03:34 AM

Congrats!!!!!

Momma to GG (dd - 14 yrs old), Active (ds - 10 yrs old), Toon (dd - 8 years old), Olive (ds - 5 years old), Princess (dd - 4 years old) and babyboy.gif Keemo (ds - 24 days old)

#13 of 15 Old 02-17-2003, 11:14 AM

Welcome to the World Ella!!

Congratulations!!!
#14 of 15 Old 02-17-2003, 11:33 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
#15 of 15 Old 02-21-2003, 11:47 AM

congarts!!!!

from january mom thread.

stephanie

mom to two lil ones
delfina 19.03.00
yukio 14.01.03

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page