Sept/Oct Mamas-to-be (Feb 15-21) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 02-18-2003, 11:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

I'm 3 months pregnant and due Sept. 1/03.

I have had bad food aversions and I too find it really hard to even think about preparing dinner. But of course, I have to, because I have a 3 yo ds and a hubby to feed.

The one food I do crave immensely is oranges! I can't get enough of them. I had this craving with my first pregnancy as well.

My morning sickness is over with thank goodness. But I do have days I feel a little off. I discovered that if I take extra vitamin C, I feel better instantly!

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 43 Old 02-19-2003, 12:17 AM

#33 of 43 Old 02-19-2003, 12:59 PM

Lemon water is great!! I find it the only way I can drink water. It is an oddthing about pork - I am not a vegetarian, but I usually only eat meat once a week - lately I have been craving meat. I think bean must want it.

LIke some of you, I have been finding it a real battle to cook... by the time I make something for dh and ds, I have the lost the desire to eat it....

Nursing a toddler - it is hard... I am planning on weaning (totally) my ds in the next month. I have been working hard to cut down on the frequency, but he is still nursing 5-7 times a day. I am hoping that by next month, when I move to next trimester, my milk will be almost gone, and maybe ds will somehow decide he is finished with nursing. (I don't feel very confident about this...)

Hugs to all,
Emma
#34 of 43 Old 02-19-2003, 06:36 PM

You sound reluctant about weaning your older child?

In other parts of my like... My vomiting came back last night! Just like before, comes on quick is over quick. THe first time when my dh was around. He was kind of grossed out.

More and more people are knowing about this pg so it's become more of a reality I think. Just not feeling it yet. How about you all?

Hope all are well!

Shane - Homeschooling mom to three boys (12, 1-, 8) and living the open life with my husband.

#35 of 43 Old 02-20-2003, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

emma - i feel for ya. dd is 21m and also nurses 4+ times a day (and at least twice at night). i debated for a long time about weaning her, and decided to just see what happens. we encourage water, juice, tea, soy, and whole milk whenever she asks to nurse, but many time she wants "boobie milk" and will accept no substitute. anyway, i'm also (secretly?) hoping that she'll lose interest when my milk dries up (if it even does) and at the very least reduce the amount she is nursing now. i have no problem with tandem nursing or nursing through the pregnancy, so we'll just wait and see what dd wants to do.

shane - sorry to hear about your m/s getting so bad. no fun at all. eating some high protien foods (almonds and yogurt) before bed seems to cut down a bit...and i'm still doing saltines, sea bands, ginger, and now lemon in my tea. hopefully it will go away soon!

i'm feeling pregnant. my pants feel tight around the waist, i'm craving odd things (more like anti-cravings...things i feel i could actually tolerate, versus really craving something), and i've been as randy as a teenage boy lately! i was VERY frisky when pg with dd...and it seems that side effect of pg is starting early this time around. dh is so sad too (ha ha ha)
#36 of 43 Old 02-20-2003, 07:11 PM

Hey, my spotting scare is over (hopefully!)...I had an ultrasound today!! And the baby has a beating heart and everything looks great. I am so happy. They said that I am 8 weeks and 2 days, and the baby is measuring 8 weeks and one day.

Shane, I know what you mean about it becoming more real. The ultrasound helped me along. To be honest, even though I have had more ms, etc this time, I am not feeling it like I did with my first one. It's very strange. I mean, I'm excited, etc, but it just hasn't really hit me yet.
#37 of 43 Old 02-20-2003, 08:55 PM

Hi Everyone,
I just found this place and noticed this thread. My first is due Oct 13. My m/s is getting worse by the day , but nothing too terrible yet. I had a m/c in Oct, so I am trying to patiently wait for my first appt (2/27) and hope that all is still going well.

suzy
#38 of 43 Old 02-20-2003, 10:24 PM

mamaley, that's great news. welcome, gowk-all the best to you.

I had a very, very good day. Met my ob/gyn for the first time, liked him-he's Chinese, conventionally/medically educated in the US but also trained in eastern medicine-told me he'd do any kind of birth I wanted. I'm 9.5 weeks, everything else is perfect and as it should be. Felt great after hearing the heartbeat, and magically my daylong m/s has gone away...
#39 of 43 Old 02-21-2003, 01:38 AM

Hello, I am pregnant for the first time. I am amazed and hopeful. October 25 is our EDD. I would love to hear from others.
#40 of 43 Old 02-21-2003, 05:03 PM

We (whole family) went into see the CNM today to get the required blood work done. I'm not too great when it comes to needles and the midwife blew my first vein when she went to draw the blood. I almost passed out! : It took me about 15 minutes to recover to have a second try done on the other arm. MUCH BETTER ATTEMPT! I'm now told to always go for that arm first. Like I want to do that again!

We were upfront about planning a homebirth and were told that they could not offer back up but we could call them if something comes up or when change our minds. Ok, better than nothing. She was very supportive (her self had 3 HB). Had the blood drawn and she palpated my tummy and believes that she felt the top of the uterus. Asked if I wanted a bunch of things done, we declined. I even chose not to listen to the heart beat. Want no ultrasound divises this time. So we'll hear the baby sometime around 20 wks with the fetoscope.

Spoke with my CPM today and have our first appointment on March 15th.

We got our treadmill set up and I walked for 15 minutes this morning. Slowly (3mp) and I was a little flushed. It's been a while since I've exercised regular. It will take a bit to get back into it.

Hope all are well!

Shane - Homeschooling mom to three boys (12, 1-, 8) and living the open life with my husband.

#41 of 43 Old 02-22-2003, 03:26 AM

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, but mostly in the foothills of the Cascades
Can I join you?!? We just found out that I am pregnant with #2. I calculated my due date to be Oct. 28th.

Sorry I haven't read all of your posts on this thread, but I am sure that I will get to know you all!

I am soooooo glad to be here!

Patti
#42 of 43 Old 02-22-2003, 11:33 AM

Congrats and welcome, Gowk, Zmoon and Shakti! There are a lot of us Sept/Oct mums-to-be.

Funnily enough, my dd's b-day is October 13, and dh's birthday is October 25...

Nothing new to report here. Still a big queasy, still eating like a pig (and have already gained 7-8 lbs - yikes! I swore I wouldn't do that this pregnancy... : ).
#43 of 43 Old 02-23-2003, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

hey mamas - i started a new thread...

sept/oct mamas to be (mar 23-mar 7)

how about we start fresh every TWO weeks, unless we fill up 3 or more pages?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page