spotting--please help (warning: graphic) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-19-2003, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 8 weeks today and tonight I noticed a dark spot on my underwear...wearing dark underwear so I can't tell what it is. Anyway, when I wiped, there was a brownish watery discharge and it was fairly light, although it did cover the whole top part of the toilet paper. And there was very small bits of solid stuff in it. I did spot around this time with my son, but it looked different. If it helps, I've been more nauseated and tired today than usual. I could really use some help, I'm feeling scared...thanks.
#2 of 9 Old 02-19-2003, 12:52 AM

I'm sorry, and I totally understand why you are scared. I'm sure you know that it is just a wait and see situation. Not that that helps any. As long as you don't have cramping or period like bleeding everything should be fine. You don't have to answer, just sharing the info, but if you have had sex recently that could be the reason for the brown discharge.

Sending positive vibes that all is well :-)
#3 of 9 Old 02-19-2003, 12:59 AM

Hello Mamaley,
I had similiar spotting at about 8 weeks. I was very anxious. Turns out everything was fine. Just implantation spotting. No cramping is a good sign. Here's some postive vibes for the next few days...........nauseated is good and so is tired. Please get some rest if possible and see what your body says.
Julianne
#4 of 9 Old 02-19-2003, 02:07 AM

I had spotting on and off during my entire second month. I'm 11 weeks now and everything is a OK. I know it is freaky but hang in there. Like the other mom's have said as long as there are no major cramps or period like bleeding it should be fine.

Also a lot of women experience some form of bleeding when there next period would have been due (I guess we are more affected by the moon than we thought)

The fact that your other symptoms are still strong is also a good sign.

Rest and try not to worry.

Christie
#5 of 9 Old 02-19-2003, 02:11 AM

Ditto to what everyone else said.

SMC to Sophia, age 15, and Eleanor, age 9, and mother hen to too many nursing students to count!

#6 of 9 Old 02-19-2003, 02:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
First I hope this is just implantation, or your body making a small period and that your pregnancy is fine.

I took a manditory : pregnancy class at Kaiser, and they said that bleeding of any sort, is a bad thing if it lasts 3-5 days. Bright red blood of course you should speak to your health provider about ASAP, but other bleeding if its just a one time thing, or doesn't last more than a day or two is nothing to be worried about. Of course I'd be worried too, I understand that. But just trying to impart some information, hoping it will help and ease your mind.

I will be thinking of you and sending positive energy to you and praying for you!

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#7 of 9 Old 02-19-2003, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

I don't have a lot of time to type, but just wanted to say thanks...this is making me feel a lot better. Thanks so much for responding.
#8 of 9 Old 02-21-2003, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Just an update--I had an ultrasound and everything looks great. And the spotting stopped. I figured it was no big deal, but it's nice knowing for sure.
#9 of 9 Old 02-21-2003, 04:27 PM

I had spotting with my last pregnancy, too. I spotted during the 8th and 9th week and just for an added kick-in-the-pants, the day my 12th week started (you know, that "I'm out of the woods!" week).

I have a healthy and happy 16 day-old baby boy. All is well. Get lots of rest and keep in mind you might not have seen the last of your spotting.

hth!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page