Just when I didn't think it could get worse... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 02-20-2003, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not one of those woman who enjoy being pregnant. I could go on and on about that but I won't.
Yesterday I went for my 40 week appointment and was told I'm 3cm dilated and 50-60% effaced. That's fine. I know it doesn't tell me anything about when I'll actually have this baby. I did feel quite "off" yesterday...mildly naseous and I had some diarrhea. By about 9:30 last night I seriously thought I was in labor. I had cramps like I've never had before in all my life. They would start at the top of my uterus and proceed to the bottom. They were completely inconsistent though...two minutes apart, then ten, then 3, you get the idea. My husband packed the bags and everything. We called the OB and she said come to the hospital whenever I wanted. I told her I was going to wait until they were a bit more consistent. About an hour after I got off the phone with her I developed a fever....ugh, it was then I realized that I wasn't in labor at all but had some sort of stomach bug.
My stomach feels better today but I still have a temperature. I've actually taken tylenol for the first time this whole pregnancy. I'm drinking water like it's going out of style too. I can't even believe that now I'm hoping to NOT go into labor until I feel better. I just feel like I need a break so I can mentally prepare for all the discomfort that labor will bring cause last night really wiped me out.
Sorry there isn't any point to this post...you know sometimes you just need to gripe.:
-Lynn

Opinionated Mama to dd 2/23/03, ds 3/20/05 hbac, dd 1/23/08 2hbac, and baby #4 due in June 2010!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-20-2003, 08:22 PM

(((((Lynn)))))

I am so sorry that you are feeling bad. I am like you. I love love love my little baby inside, but being pregnant kind of sucks.

Gripe and complain all you want, that is what we are here for! I think I may be going for a trophy in the complaint division, myself. Between feeling heartburny and huge, there is not a lot of room left for charm.

Please accept these virtual hugs and a blanket permission statement to gripe just as much as you want to!

Jean

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#3 of 5 Old 02-21-2003, 04:42 AM

Sorry you aren't feeling well, Lynn. Hopefully you will be recovered in time for the real thing.

Quote:
Originally posted by jeanvanzyl
Between feeling heartburny and huge, there is not a lot of room left for charm.
Oh Jean, you think you are huge now? Just wait !

Helen wash.gif Homeschooling Mama to Nicola photosmile2.gif 07/00 , Daniel kewl.gif 05/03 & cat.gifX2...and hug.gif with Barry caffix.gif since 08/87
#4 of 5 Old 02-21-2003, 11:40 AM
Banned

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Lynn. I totally know what you mean be needing time to prepare mentally for the birth. When I had Abe I totally wanted him out so I could get some rest! Then he arrived and was a bit of a high needs baby at first! Hang in there mama and I hope you are feeling better soon.
#5 of 5 Old 02-21-2003, 11:47 AM

I hope you do get strong again before going into labor...but if your baby comes today she'll share a birthday with me!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page